• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
How in the hell am I going to make the 20mm version of this SMPs rubber strap to my older SMP Pro Quartz?
Do I need to bend the spring bars?
The cheapo rep rubber strap I bought from Aliexpress seems like made for longer and different SMP lug profiles.
This is my SMP version
maxresdefault.jpg

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
How in the hell am I going to make the 20mm version of this SMPs rubber strap to my older SMP Pro Quartz?
Do I need to bend the spring bars?
The cheapo rep rubber strap I bought from Aliexpress seems like made for longer and different SMP lug profiles.
This is my SMP version
maxresdefault.jpg

Is that a Gen Quartz? Looks like the Mecahnical.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Looks kinda yellow. The lume spills on 11, 1 and 2 hour markers don´t help either.

do you still feel this way with these updated photos? can't see i see any lume spills here.

i think the yellow lume issue seems okay on mine but of course i'd like opinions on that too

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
do you still feel this way with these updated photos? can't see i see any lume spills here.

i think the yellow lume issue seems okay on mine but of course i'd like opinions on that too

Looks good to me. Only thing i notice is the bezel insert that is not aligned with the 12 O'clock marker. I have the same on mine. Barely think about it except for the times im gazin at it for 30minutes straight.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Looks good to me. Only thing i notice is the bezel insert that is not aligned with the 12 O'clock marker. I have the same on mine. Barely think about it except for the times im gazin at it for 30minutes straight.

Hey thanks for bringing that up. I actually thought the same a little while back and he sent me a picture stating it was just the angle

Z5AZTv.png

Seems pretty on point, I think I'll take his word for it

Last edited:

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
ZUq6sF.jpg

The yellowish lume and difference between the dial markers and the hands become very apparent under sunlight. Irks me quite a bit. Really wanna source a set of gen ones to replace them.

Shall wait a few months. If i really can’t find one i’ll have to let this watch go as much as i love it..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mille M

Substar

16/9/20
They seem to have updated the dial markers now but not the hands but they are easy to relume by one of the modders. Getting gen hands will be near impossible and no one knows if they would fit a 2824/36 movement anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
ZaDFP2.jpg

and so, some pages ago someone posted about how its not white like the gen in the photo. here I have adjusted the picture so it matches more like the gen picture, flesh to flesh, steel to steel, and now the lume aint so bad at all... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Time_Wizard

Just Dirk

14/11/20
Has anyone had any crown issues with their VSF Seamaster?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Just saw some qc's on reddit. Much, much whiter lume on this example. If this is a permanent improvement I am buying another one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Just Dirk mine feels like its about to fall apart. From day one it felt strange in a sense that I have to apply pressure pushing it inward while screwing it in. Recently i found that I struggle getting the thread to engage. Still works, but only a matter of time before it stops working i think

Reactions: Just Dirk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Has anyone had any crown issues with their VSF Seamaster?

I wore mine at least a couple times a week and after a yr or so I couldn't get the crown into the quickset position to change the date. I sent it into Katt & he fixed it. It was more than just the threads on the crown, but I'm not too sure exactly what he had to do. In any case, he serviced it at the same time. He sent me several pics of the whole thing completely disassembled so I know it got serviced. It runs like a champ now & I have had no issues since.

The way I look at it is that these are reps and from time to time there will be issues & this was just one of those times. It is only a matter of time and any mechanical watch is going to need to be serviced so I don't look at it as all that big a deal. I have had several other watches from VSF and have not had any other issues. I would buy another watch made by VSF.

Reactions: Just Dirk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
and so, some pages ago someone posted about how its not white like the gen in the photo. here I have adjusted the picture so it matches more like the gen picture, flesh to flesh, steel to steel, and now the lume aint so bad at all... :)
I wish it was easier to search just this thread, but if you were able to or if you cared to go back and look through this thread you would see that there a lot of posts about the lume color yellow vs white vs off white or vs the gen or what not. There are a lot of posts within this thread that the poster has either taken pictures or pulled pictures off the net where either the white balance or the exposure was off quite a bit and this can make the lume look a LOT worse than it actually is. This is certainly at least some of the issue with this one. I am not saying that this is a non issue, however I am of the opinion that some of these are much better than others and none of them are as bad as some peoples pictures indicate they might be.

Hi so it's the lume now white?
Another issue is that the lume has not been consistent with this one. I believe, that early on the lume was pretty good and at some point it got worse. It seems as though the dial markers have improved quite a bit lately. I am not too sure about the hands as most of the recent pics still show hands that are slightly different from the dial markers.

If anyone has received this watch in the last few weeks and has the ability to take some close up pics of the dial and hands under good light, please do so and post some good macro pics. That would be helpful for anyone that is wondering about this issue.

Reactions: J84 and jpchub

J84

2/8/20
I wish it was easier to search just this thread, but if you were able to or if you cared to go back and look through this thread you would see that there a lot of posts about the lume color yellow vs white vs off white or vs the gen or what not. There are a lot of posts within this thread that the poster has either taken pictures or pulled pictures off the net where either the white balance or the exposure was off quite a bit and this can make the lume look a LOT worse than it actually is. This is certainly at least some of the issue with this one. I am not saying that this is a non issue, however I am of the opinion that some of these are much better than others and none of them are as bad as some peoples pictures indicate they might be.

Another issue is that the lume has not been consistent with this one. I believe, that early on the lume was pretty good and at some point it got worse. It seems as though the dial markers have improved quite a bit lately. I am not too sure about the hands as most of the recent pics still show hands that are slightly different from the dial markers.

If anyone has received this watch in the last few weeks and has the ability to take some close up pics of the dial and hands under good light, please do so and post some good macro pics. That would be helpful for anyone that is wondering about this issue.

Thanks. Saw some QCs on Reddit with white lumes.

Reactions: chentepilot