• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

JoePineapples

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/17
I’m a patient man, and that’s a good thing in this game, but wow.

I cannot get this #$a&*%+=/ rubber strap to seat itself. How do you guys do it?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I’m a patient man, and that’s a good thing in this game, but wow.

I cannot get this #$a&*%+=/ rubber strap to seat itself. How do you guys do it?

This has been mentioned a few times throughout this thread, but I get it that there are a lot of pages....
The problem is that the holes that align perfectly for the bracelet do not line up perfectly with the holes of the strap. Chinese are morons... anyway there is an easy fix and that is to bend the spring bars a bit. It can be done in a number of ways including around a desk edge or what not. When you do this, you risk kinking the spring bar and then they won't work properly, but it can be done. The best/most surefire way of not kinking them is to buy a Spring Bar bending Pliers. They work like a charm and won't set you back much. If you like switching up straps and bracelets it is one on a very short list of tools that I would put on my "must have" list of basic tools.

Here you go:

Reactions: Therion666 and P@t

Vegas Vic

Looking Around
28/6/19
Hi All,

I’ve been playing with my new SMP 300 rep for a couple of days and thought I’d share my impressions.

Ordered it from Ryan at InTime:
https://www.intime05.co/omega/6062-...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Ryan was extremely responsive and patient in addressing my newbie questions and anxieties. Discounting the delays on my end (two weeks for Bitcoin to clear and two weeks to realize that the QC email somehow never showed up), the ordering process took a few days and the watch showed up in New Jersey about 8 days later. InTime is highly recommended.

I’m very happy with the watch. Looks perfect to me. The lume is white in normal lighting. Everything is straight and aligned. Two very minor items: machining on the inside of the clasp is a little rough (who cares) and the crown is rather stiff (probably will loosen up with use).

I needed to shorten the bracelet, but none of my screwdrivers’ blades were thin enough to do it myself, so I took the watch to a jeweler. The jeweler was totally shocked when I told him it was a rep.

My two gen Speedmasters happily welcomed their bastard cousin into the family.

Cheers

https://clickpix.org/images/ZHmP2Q.jpg

Reactions: leo6929 and P@t

Vegas Vic

Looking Around
28/6/19
Great that your jeweler did help you.
Here where i live they would never work with a fake watch.

Paraphrasing an old joke: in New Jersey, the jewelry may be fake, but the orgasms are real. [I hope I'm not violating any forum rules against bad language]

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi All......
I’m very happy with the watch. Looks perfect to me. The lume is white in normal lighting. Everything is straight and aligned. Two very minor items: machining on the inside of the clasp is a little rough (who cares) and the crown is rather stiff (probably will loosen up with use).

A couple things.....
The machining on my clasp on this one was rough too. I took a buffing wheel to mine and now it is great. I should caution that this does take a bit of time getting used to what you can do and what works and what does not, but it is amazing how much of a difference a little effort can make. I have no idea what they are thinking as they take the utmost care in certain details and then it is as if they just forgot about a sharp edge and just don't do anything about it. idk, sometimes I just can't understand how the rep manufacturers think (or don't think)

I was going to show you how to display your picture, but it is so badly out of focus I just couldn't put it up as it gave me an instant headache looking at the pic. Rather than post a link to your pic, you need to insert the BB Code into your post and then it will show the picture. I have no experience with clickpix so I am not sure if that one is supported or not, but a lot of the picture hosting services are. When everything goes as it should you get something like this:

Reactions: chentepilot

Vegas Vic

Looking Around
28/6/19
A couple things.....
The machining on my clasp on this one was rough too. I took a buffing wheel to mine and now it is great. I should caution that this does take a bit of time getting used to what you can do and what works and what does not, but it is amazing how much of a difference a little effort can make. I have no idea what they are thinking as they take the utmost care in certain details and then it is as if they just forgot about a sharp edge and just don't do anything about it. idk, sometimes I just can't understand how the rep manufacturers think (or don't think)

I was going to show you how to display your picture, but it is so badly out of focus I just couldn't put it up as it gave me an instant headache looking at the pic. Rather than post a link to your pic, you need to insert the BB Code into your post and then it will show the picture. I have no experience with clickpix so I am not sure if that one is supported or not, but a lot of the picture hosting services are. When everything goes as it should you get something like this:

Thanks for the advice and sorry about the picture. Will get out my [gen] Nikon and will take a good one. Will try the BB Code then.

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Remix of the NTTD NATO and white 300M

NTTD-01093.jpg

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
So...I just started looking at these, specifically the black and the white dial, so if i'm reading correctly (ok i admit its only the latest few pages ha!), the only problem these have are the lume looking a little yellowish?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
So...I just started looking at these, specifically the black and the white dial, so if i'm reading correctly (ok i admit its only the latest few pages ha!), the only problem these have are the lume looking a little yellowish?

Here is my take on Lume regarding this one & I have had V1 from day 1 and V2 from day 1 of V2 & have been following this thread since day1 with many, many posts......

They started out with Lume being actually pretty good. Both dial markers and hands matched each other and while the lume may not have been quite as white as the gen it was acceptable. Some months after V2 came on the scene things changed. No doubt, VSF orders a large batch of dials and hands at once and nothing is going to change until they have run through that batch. No one really knows if they changed their lume supplier or what exactly happened, but people started receiving theirs with significantly more greenish/yellowish lume on both the dial and hands. Recently (in the last month or two) a lot/most of the pics coming from those just buying have the lume on the dial markers back to a much more Gen white. Hands on the most recent ones still appear to be off/yellowish/greenish white.

I don't think they will call it a V3 or anything, I just think that it is likely they know about the issue and as the hands get used up on sold watches they will begin shipping watches with a much more pure white lume on the hands just like they seem to now be doing on the dial.

If I wanted this watch and I didn't already have one I would do one of a few things depending on how badly and how quickly I wanted this watch and of course how picky you want to be. One option is to just wait and see what happens with this one & find another watch to buy. Like I mentioned above it will likely eventually be sorted out. The downside is you could be waiting a long time before this happens. No one, and I do mean no one, actually knows how long this might be. It could literally be just days or many, many months. If you like this watch this would NOT be the option I would take. Another option, and in my opinion the better way to go, is to just buy it and see if/how much it bothers you. This is overall an excellent rep and a VERY nice watch. Unless you are extremely picky you might not be bothered by it much, or even, maybe at all. If you get the watch and it does happen to bother you enough that you just can't stand it, then either get the hands re-lumed (maybe $50) or just sell it as is and revert back to my 1st option (wait it out until you see that they have resolved this issue to your satisfaction)

Last edited:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Here is my take on Lume regarding this one & I have had V1 from day 1 and V2 from day 1 of V2 & have been following this thread since day1 with many, many posts......

They started out with Lume being actually pretty good. Both dial markers and hands matched each other and while the lume may not have been quite as white as the gen it was acceptable. Some months after V2 came on the scene things changed. No doubt, VSF orders a large batch of dials and hands at once and nothing is going to change until they have run through that batch. No one really knows if they changed their lume supplier or what exactly happened, but people started receiving theirs with significantly more greenish/yellowish lume on both the dial and hands. Recently (in the last month or two) a lot/most of the pics coming from those just buying have the lume on the markers on the dial back to a much more Gen white. Hands onnthe most recent ones still appear to be off/yellowish/greenish white.

I don't think they will call it a V3 or anything, I just think that it is likely they know about the issue and as the hands get used up on sold watches they will begin shipping watches with much more of pure white lume on the hands just like they seem to now be doing in the dial.

If wanted this watch and I didn't already have one I would do one of a few things depending on how badly and how quickly I wanted this watch and of course how picky you want to be. One option is to just wait and see what happens with this one & find another watch to buy. Like I mentioned above it will likely eventually be sorted out. The downside is you could be waiting a long time before this gets happens. No one, and I do mean no one, actually knows how long this might be. It could literally be just days or many, many months. If you like this watch this would NOT be the option I would take. Another option, and in my opinion the better way to go, is to just buy it and see if/how much it bothers you. This is overall an excellent rep and a VERY nice watch. Unless you are extremely picky you might not be bothered by it much, or even, maybe at all. If you get the watch and it does happen to bother you enough that you just can't stand it, then either get the hands re-lumed (maybe $50) or just sell it as is and revert back to my 1st option (wait it out until you see that they have resolved this issue to your satisfaction)

My 2c

Thanks bud, very informative and useful reply!
Not in a hurry to buy, patience is virtue especially in this hobby.
Might be why VSF is giving out free rubber strap for the purchase of these watches, to encourage people to pick them up.

Yobagemo

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
Thanks bud, very informative and useful reply!
Not in a hurry to buy, patience is virtue especially in this hobby.
Might be why VSF is giving out free rubber strap for the purchase of these watches, to encourage people to pick them up.

Free rubberstrap? Where? My TD only provided it on rubberstrap. Had to buy the stainless steel band as extra for like 150euros... time to change TD or nah :d

Reactions: SweWatchz

aglove84

6/6/20
I bought one last month. Overall I’m really happy with it. I get what people are saying about the lume. It is a little yellow but only in certain light. In artificial bright light it looks almost perfect white. But in natural light it seems to look a bit yellow. And even then it’s not all the time. I wonder if it has something to do with how ‘charged’ the lume is. As it would appear only UV light can charge it whereas my old gen SMP could be charged using any bright light source. Overall it doesn’t really bother me and is truly a stunning rep

J84

2/8/20
Hi All,

I’ve been playing with my new SMP 300 rep for a couple of days and thought I’d share my impressions.

Ordered it from Ryan at InTime:
https://www.intime05.co/omega/6062-...ss-bracelet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Ryan was extremely responsive and patient in addressing my newbie questions and anxieties. Discounting the delays on my end (two weeks for Bitcoin to clear and two weeks to realize that the QC email somehow never showed up), the ordering process took a few days and the watch showed up in New Jersey about 8 days later. InTime is highly recommended.

I needed to shorten the bracelet, but none of my screwdrivers’ blades were thin enough to do it myself, so I took the watch to a jeweler. The jeweler was totally shocked when I told him it was a rep.

My two gen Speedmasters happily welcomed their bastard cousin into the family.

Cheers

https://clickpix.org/images/ZHmP2Q.jpg

Hi is the lume yellow?