• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
You probably will wind up with a replacement dial that is no better than the one you have now & be out $60+shipping

that's what I figured. I have asked a fellow member here (legend) for a quote.

JB0938

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/16
The only difference between the white dial & black dial 2018 smp is the dial. The white dial did not come out until after V2 ot the black dial had already been started. They can call it anything they want, but there has only been 1 version of the white dial 2018 smp.

The Dealers label watches as V1, V2 etc not the watch factories/makers so occasionally 1 dealer will label a watch differently than another.

I see, thank you. That makes sense, since the lumes on the white dial version don't seem as yellow as the v1 blue or Grey dials. Love the white dial as the color reproduction is harder to mess up here

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
I see, thank you. That makes sense, since the lumes on the white dial version don't seem as yellow as the v1 blue or Grey dials. Love the white dial as the color reproduction is harder to mess up here
I recently bought a C&R white dial m2m and the lume is quite yellowish. I thought it'd be better, looking at some other member pics that shows almost white indeces. But when I take a picture they look whiter than they really are on mine as well. So it might be the same for the pics I have seen here.
I'll see if I can get used to it, otherwise I'll have it relumed

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Time_Wizard

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I recently bought a C&R white dial m2m and the lume is quite yellowish. I thought it'd be better, looking at some other member pics that shows almost white indeces. But when I take a picture they look whiter than they really are on mine as well. So it might be the same for the pics I have seen here.
I'll see if I can get used to it, otherwise I'll have it relumed

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

The white balance usually improves the lume in pics. I’m sure vsf know about this problem but I’ll bet they have a big pile of dials and hands to get through before a V3 arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
The white balance usually improves the lume in pics. I’m sure vsf know about this problem but I’ll bet they have a big pile of dials and hands to get through before a V3 arrives.

With the black dial the recent qc were white. Just the hands hat the lume issue.

So it seems they finished the dials with yellow lume and now only the hands are left.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
With the black dial the recent qc were white. Just the hands hat the lume issue.

So it seems they are finishing the dial and now only the hands are left.

Was that in a photo or in real life bud as most photos whiten the markers more than the hands. If the dial really is better it’s pretty easy to relume hands.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Was that in a photo or in real life bud as most photos whiten the markers more than the hands. If the dial really is better it’s pretty easy to relume hands.

Only on Photos. I can say more when I get the watch.
But there was a significant difference between the markers and the hands on the qc.

But I can remember as well that some members got the watch and reported (I think in this thread a few pages back) the same issue with the difference between markers and hands.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
vop7t.jpg

As you can see the markers are alright, only the hands look yellowish

Last edited:

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
That's the rose gold casting a color reflection on the white lume...

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
That's the rose gold casting a color reflection on the white lume...

If it's so it would be even better because then all of the lume would be white.

I will update all of you as soon as I have it my hands. Only then I can say for sure because on pictures it will always look a bit different.

The rg reflection could also be at the markers. Because the are also rg filled with lume.
In none of my qc pics the markers are yellow.

There are other members which said, that in the newest batches only the hands are not totally white.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
If it's so it would be even better because then all of the lume would be white.

I will update all of you as soon as I have it my hands. Only then I can say for sure because on pictures it will always look a bit different.

The rg reflection could also be at the markers. Because the are also rg filled with lume.
In none of my qc pics the markers are yellow.

There are other members which said that in the newest batches only the hands are not totally white.

It does look good so fingers crossed for you. I would buy another if they fix dial markers. Hand relume not a problem but those markers are tricky.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
Has anyone tried to see if the Aqua Terra strap fits on the Seamaster? Keen on picking up the blue VSF on bracelet, but it also looked (and felt) really good on rubber.

Was at the boutique the other day checking out the gen and the AD actually suggested the Aqua Terra strap (which seems miles better than the buckle one that comes with the seamaster) which apparently is a perfect fit and since my TD can source the strap with the watch but at $88, not too keen to buy a strap just to find out it doesn't fit!

​​​​​​
Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-blue-7.jpg

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Has anyone tried to see if the Aqua Terra strap fits on the Seamaster? Keen on picking up the blue VSF on bracelet, but it also looked (and felt) really good on rubber.

Was at the boutique the other day checking out the gen and the AD actually suggested the Aqua Terra strap (which seems miles better than the buckle one that comes with the seamaster) which apparently is a perfect fit and since my TD can source the strap with the watch but at $88, not too keen to buy a strap just to find out it doesn't fit!

​​​​​​
Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-blue-7.jpg

I use a strap like than on a Seamaster Planet Ocean 600.

(old Photo)
20200226-163024-Edit-2.jpg

I think they all share the same case (some speedmaster too).

Cheers

Reactions: Sonofalich

RepJunkie

Known Member
24/1/19
I use a strap like than on a Seamaster Planet Ocean 600.

(old Photo)
20200226-163024-Edit-2.jpg

I think they all share the same case (some speedmaster too).

Cheers

That looks pretty sweet! Was reading on the gen forums and they said it did not fit flush, is that the case with yours too?