• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

chr1ssy

Horology Curious
25/9/19
Just got this beauty for my husband! Has anyone ever tried getting this wet? I emailed TD and they said it was water resistant up to 50m but has anyone actually tested it? Showered with it? Swam in a pool with it? Just wondering how trustworthy the water resistance actually is. Thanks guys!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Just got this beauty for my husband! Has anyone ever tried getting this wet? I emailed TD and they said it was water resistant up to 50m but has anyone actually tested it? Showered with it? Swam in a pool with it? Just wondering how trustworthy the water resistance actually is. Thanks guys!

Nice pick up for your hubby!

Here is the thing about waterproof resistance.....
Most of the time these higher quality Divers are just fine. I have a waterproof tester and I tested mine. It did just fine and I have swam with it many times since without issue. The problem is that every now and again one slips through the cracks and will leak. They do not have the same sort of testing standards as Omega, for example. If you happen to get one that leaks it will basically ruin the watch so the most commonly given advice is to take it to a local watchsmith and have it tested. It is a simple test and will probably set you back like $20 or $25 so it is cheap insurance. No matter what answer any of us give you the only thing that is relevant to you is, if YOUR watch is waterproof. Go spend $20 and have it tested...

Last edited:

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory

i havent used it for showering or swimming yet, i never shower with any of my watches anyway. The soap aint good for the seals... But swimming would be cool since i enjoy wearing the watch at beachdays. I will (and would recommend) getting it tested for water resistance at an watchmaker before submergin it in water. But "out of the box" it seems to be good enough to clean in the bathroom zink. cleaned it several times pouring water allover the watch and then wipe it off to make it shine again when dirty :D

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Anyone have any tricks or tips on fitting the factory rubber straps?
I bought mine on rubber from a TD and it came with both springbars only grasping one side... just a tug and the rubber straps came right off.
Swapped in the bracelet that same TD was nice enough to source for me.

Got a hankering to try the factory rubber out and have spent probably an hour total over three trys with a springbar tool trying to get the bars to bite on both ends.

Do I need to break down and buy a set of those springbar pliers?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
You have to use curved spring bars. And patience like a saint. I did that but it took a while. Now I'm afraid to take the rubber strap off, I think it will stay put forever. :)

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Try 20x1,5 mm springbars for the rupperstrap.. For the SS Bracelet are 20x1,8

I'll give that a try... if not, it's a good excuse to buy one of those curved pliers to bend springbars with.
I swapped over to heavier 1.8mm's as the stock bars were so cheap.... that might be part of my trouble.

And to edit: Ended up trying to bend some 1.8's out of my spares box using some smooth needle nose pliers and had success.
Thank you for your input guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Mixad

18/1/20
I got one on order, I've now got sent QC pictures of two different watches. But for me I'ts not acceptable. Am I too picky? I don't know what to do to be honest. Try to see if the third one is better? Which Seamaster 300M replica is the best on the market?

This is the latest QC pic.
IMG_4749.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I got one on order, I've now got sent QC pictures of two different watches. But for me I'ts not acceptable. Am I too picky? I don't know what to do to be honest. Try to see if the third one is better? Which Seamaster 300M replica is the best on the market?

Yes, you're too picky.

Those flaws wouldn't be noticeable on the wrist, this is almost 10x zoom...

Honestly, its users like you that spoil QC pictures and are the ones that risk ruining it. It only takes a few TDs to say, no more QC (this was the norm back in the day) and start shipping blind again...

Good luck searching for your unicorn.

Last edited:
Reactions: lumentin

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
You also have to consider that watch wasn’t photographed perfectly straight on so it’s hard to judge the alignment precisely. I don’t see any obvious flaws and would have accepted.

Reactions: lumentin

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18

IMG_4749.jpg

That watch is an instant approve...
Nothing wrong. It's all about the angle.
Accept it.

Mixad

18/1/20
Yes, you're too picky.

Those flaws wouldn't be noticeable on the wrist, this is almost 10x zoom...

Honestly, its users like you that spoil QC pictures and are the ones that risk ruining it. It only takes a few TDs to say, no more QC (this was the norm back in the day) and start shipping blind again...

Good luck searching for your unicorn.
Slow down, I'm new here and asked a question. I just wanted your guys opinion on the watch itself and not opinions about me or other users, thanks.

You also have to consider that watch wasn’t photographed perfectly straight on so it’s hard to judge the alignment precisely. I don’t see any obvious flaws and would have accepted.
That would make sense, I was also thinking about the angle, but was not really sure, that's why I asked here :)

That watch is an instant approve...
Nothing wrong. It's all about the angle.
Accept it.
Thanks for your input, I'll accept the watch!

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06

Only thing I see wrong with it is that it is being shipped to you and not me.:p
I hadn't really looked at the two tones much prior as they're not usually my thing... but that is *nice* looking.

And from what I've gathered, the VSF watches are considered to be 'better' than OMF for these SMP's, but I'd wager on wrist only the wearer would know.

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I know this has been answered already and as others have said the short answer is to just accept it as it is almost for sure just fine.

I wanted to answer this question for the next new guy that comes along and asks the same question in a bit more of a thorough way. If you don't care for an explanation of why pictures on the internet have a tendency to make things look different than they do on the wrist then just skip the rest of my post. If you are interested as to why you, and every other new guy, thinks their QC pics make it look like the bezel insert and the indices do not line up then read on.....

As others have said this is because of how the picture is taken, but there is more, much more. This phenomenon is called Parallax and it is exaggerated greatly in pictures on the internet because of pictures tending to be magnified so much. Below is the condensed version of what exactly Parallax is from Wikipedia and then I have taken pictures of my VSF V2 Omega 2018 SMP 300 from two slightly different spots. At first glance the two pictures look almost like the same picture, but take a closer look at the Indices at 9 & 3 in the pic on the left and then look at the same 9 & 3 indices on the right pic. If you look closely you can see the the indices and the bezel insert markers do not line up on the 1st pic on the left. The reason is the camera is a couple inches above exactly straight on. Because of Parallax, which is explained below, it looks like you might think of rejecting this watch. In the second pic I have taken much more care in positing the camera so that the line of sight of the lens is much closer to 100% directly @ a 90° to the plane of the watch dial. As you can see in the second picture there is certainly no reason to reject this watch because of indices and bezel insert markers not lining up.

50019630546_411e6701f8_h.jpg

50019887722_52c50341f1_h.jpg

Last edited:

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
So I've received my VSF rubber strap yesterday...The quality and level of detail are outstanding, one of the best rep rubber straps ever and there were many! I'd gladly show a pic or two, but the bloody thing is impossible to mount on the watch!! I had enough trouble getting the bracelet off and felt victorious afterwards, but then this..

Reactions: micksmith1987