• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Rubber straps are 88$. I'm after one too. I just hope I won't have to pay full shipping on a piece of rubber.

Reactions: iamxd

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I suggest you buy the Rubber strap along with another watch & that way you basically get the shipping for free!

Yeah, that's the plan at the moment :) I've been feeling uninspired lately, without any watch related desires, but have finally found a new obsession :) Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
I just ordered the genuine version of this Omega 210.30.42.20.06.001 at Jomashop MSRP $5200, Regular Jomashop price $3750 -$100 = $3650 all in! which is low compared to the Black Dial (I have in Gen) and the blue Dial but today there was $100 cupon..That coupled with free shipping and Zero sales tax made it a must buy. I know this watch is supposed to be very very close to gen..See my VSF Diver 300 below but the gen was irresistible. So this will go up for sale after I brief comparison.

IMG_15240ecc1b1752520af3.jpg

Bro, that dial looks mad skewed. Its tilted way too much, you can see the index is not aligned with the watch itself at 12 and 6 o'clock

Reactions: SweWatchz

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
IMHO the gen and rep rubber straps are identical, I have a gen and used to have a rep; you won't see nor feel the difference
At one point I was going to order the gen and do a comparison, but I just have not gotten around to buying the Gen and honestly because of comments like this, I think picking up the Gen rubber for $300ish is just sort of a waste of money. $88 for a rubber strap seems steep already and I 100% agree that the VSF Rubber is quite nice.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have it on a little of an unusual set up as I really like a deployant. This set up does not lend itself to being exactly gen like or anything, but I like it this way.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I have it on a little of an unusual set up as I really like a deployant. This set up does not lend itself to being exactly gen like or anything, but I like it this way.
49899027892_13cb26d611_c.jpg

nice! I like a deployment myself,

as as for buying a gen strap, I got a replica rubber with deployment for an aqua terra from eBay £19.95, omega wanted nearly £600 for the strap and clasp FFS!
the rep looks and feels really nice, I can't believe the gen can be 300 X better. I ended up putting it on my LMPO again not really gen like but I like it and that's what matters.

Last edited:

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I bought a cheap one from AliExpress for 15 USD and I am not that happy plus the inside doesnt look like gen. Qualitywise it definitely could better cut and fit, the material also is quite "hard"

I am searching a middle class rubber strap not for the seamaster,but AT or other watches, if someone has a link. 88USD+shipping will definitely be too much for me.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Even my previous version gen has this problem.

That is just the thing that a lot of people here don't realize. Gens have little things that are slightly off too. In your picture just because of the way the watch is tilted not 100% directly in front of the lens it is not very noticeable. Even with it blown up like 20x and on my computer screen it still looks nice. It is not so obvious that my eyes are drawn to it. On the wrist, no one is going to notice except maybe you and that is only if you let it bother you. If it does bother you , it is a rather easy fix.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Can we get this one as a rep? Seems hard to find. Would be awesome, always dreamt about this one

e-mail some of the TD's. Best one before they went to the new seamaster was mkf v4. I had it & it was very nice. I have no idea if they are still are making it or not. If they are, the TD's will know & if not, they do pop up on m2m from time to time

Reactions: Yobagemo

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Reactions: lumentin

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
You can also check AliExpress they have many options and you can check pictures in the review section :)

Thank you.
I spent quite much time on Aliexpress, but it is difficult to know just with the pictures. Much people here complain about not good finished or stiff bands when they purchase such items. 15$ would not be a big los, but I prefer give 30 and be happy...