• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The best way to pay is with Bitcoin :D
You even get a good discount...

That isn't true.

TransferWise is the best payment method, you get the best exchange rates... and most TDs will give you a discount. However, you might not be able to use transferwise until youve completed x transactions.

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
That isn't true.

TransferWise is the best payment method, you get the best exchange rates... and most TDs will give you a discount. However, you might not be able to use transferwise until youve completed x transactions.

You get 8% discount with Bitcoin.
I only pay 0.1% for the fees, when exchanging USD to Bitcoin.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
On a new strap:

IMG-20200519-180443.jpg

IMG-20200519-180515.jpg

prefor TDs don't make watches, they are sellers. You'll get the same Corolla from every Toyota dealer, if you catch my drift.

I'd suggest you spend some more time reading, you seem very hasty at the moment and that's the best recipe for a disaster. Chill bro, chill.

And Covid-19 infected parcels?! That take 2 - 4 weeks to arrive? Don't worry about that mate..

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hmm i never thought about that before! I just used the bigger TDs since they feel more convenient to use, since they have a fancy website and all... I've never used the smaller TDs before. Which one would you recommend? And do they have Omega 300m VSF V2 in black color?
Do we just email them?
I know where to find the Trusted Rep dealers in this forum, I just haven't looked closer since I often just just the bigger TDs.
The 3 I mentioned earlier Sead, Lucy and Mary are all excellent and many members here, including me, would vouch for all 3. I normally order from Mary and have done so for years, but that doesn't mean I won't order from others from time to time. I ordered one of the blue dial IWC Ingenieurs from Andrew @ TrustyTime about 5 weeks ago now. It still hasn't arrived, but I don't think this is Andrews fault. Shipping across the world is really screwed up right now so be prepared to wait much longer than normal. The only reason I ordered from Andrew this time is that he was the only one that had them. I have a feeling he bought a bunch of left overs from noob or something and he was the only one to get that batch because I asked Mary and Lucy and both told me that they couldn't get it.

But I read that WatchOutlet shutdown their website for the year due to this Corona virus :(
Now when I think about it. Is it even "safe" to order watches since this Corona virus is all over the dam place... Won't the package or watch be infected? :/
Have any one you made any orders during Corona?
Most normal viruses only have the ability to survive on things such as on watches or packages for a few hours. This virus is one tough little bastard and can live for maybe up to a couple days on things. Based on this, you could easily pick up the virus by touching a door handle or pay screen at Costco, but are unlikely to pick anything up that has been sitting in a warehouse for weeks like my watch. If you really want to protect yourself, wash your hands before picking your nose or putting your fingers in your mouth.

Don't worry about a watch being infected coming from China. It won't be...

Reactions: prefor

prefor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/17
The 3 I mentioned earlier Sead, Lucy and Mary are all excellent and many members here, including me, would vouch for all 3. I normally order from Mary and have done so for years, but that doesn't mean I won't order from others from time to time. I ordered one of the blue dial IWC Ingenieurs from Andrew @ TrustyTime about 5 weeks ago now. It still hasn't arrived, but I don't think this is Andrews fault. Shipping across the world is really screwed up right now so be prepared to wait much longer than normal. The only reason I ordered from Andrew this time is that he was the only one that had them. I have a feeling he bought a bunch of left overs from noob or something and he was the only one to get that batch because I asked Mary and Lucy and both told me that they couldn't get it.

Most normal viruses only have the ability to survive on things such as on watches or packages for a few hours. This virus is one tough little bastard and can live for maybe up to a couple days on things. Based on this, you could easily pick up the virus by touching a door handle or pay screen at Costco, but are unlikely to pick anything up that has been sitting in a warehouse for weeks like my watch. If you really want to protect yourself, wash your hands before picking your nose or putting your fingers in your mouth.

Don't worry about a watch being infected coming from China. It won't be...

Wow thank you for the information!
Good to hear it's "safe" enough to buy watches during these Corona times :)

By the way, where can I get a hold of this Mary?
I've been searching in this forum and even used Google, andI only found excellent reviews, which made me very interested to buy from her.
But I can't find her in the Trusted Dealer section. Am I doing something wrong? Or her store called something else? :)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
By the way, where can I get a hold of this Mary?
I've been searching in this forum and even used Google, andI only found excellent reviews, which made me very interested to buy from her.
But I can't find her in the Trusted Dealer section. Am I doing something wrong? Or her store called something else? :)

You are not doing anything wrong. She is not a TD here, only over on RWG which if you don't know is sort of a sister site of this one. Some of the same mods here and there etc. Anyway, I started over there and started buying from her many years ago. I don't spend much time over there anymore mostly because the m2m here is much more active so this is where I am.

Anyway about Mary, she is great and very meticulous about what she sends. I have not spoken to her in about a month as the last time I did she told me to wait at least a month and that it is not a good time to be buying watches. Strange that someone in the business of selling watches would tell you not to buy, right? She is very straight forward. Not lots of chit chat, but she communicates very well and will sort through watches better than most. I do like both Lucy and Sead who are both TD's here as well. You just contact her via e-mail and her e-mail is: [email protected]
If you do decide to buy from her, you might want to just sign up over at RWG just in case there would ever be a reason. I had like my 2nd ever rep seized by customs and it was one that she had sold me. She handled it like a true pro and because of that I have been a pretty loyal customer ever since. That was about 4 years ago & since then I have probably bought 30 watches from her. Never had a problem & I just basically green light what ever she sends for QC because I know she probably has a better eye than I do.

Reactions: prefor and lumentin

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
But does that even work if I got Visa instead of MasterCard in Revolut? Apparently my location is a Visa location... :p
Where in Revolut do I do that? I've been using Revolut for almost 2 years now, and have never seen that option before :O
It's paypal option during payment! And has noyhing to do with visa or MC. I have both.

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
This virus is one tough little bastard and can live for maybe up to a couple days on things.
In fact, it is not, it's a fragile one, there are other viruses that would have be much more resistant. Sorry for the disgression, just wanted to say that!
Agree to the rest, the only risk you take by buying a watch or anything else is maybe meeting the delivery man...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I'll make another comment on TD's. I would say the little 1 or 2 man shop like the ones I mentioned above will, in my opinion, give you a better buying experience. I have bought watches from ToroBravo, PureTime, TrustyTime & a few others + the above smaller shops a minimum of 3x each and I just think you get better communication and I get more of a warm fuzzy feeling from the little guys. In a very non traditional type of transaction I like warm and fuzzy a lot more than cold and hard.....
just sayin

Reactions: AllanUSC

prefor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/17
You are not doing anything wrong. She is not a TD here, only over on RWG which if you don't know is sort of a sister site of this one. Some of the same mods here and there etc. Anyway, I started over there and started buying from her many years ago. I don't spend much time over there anymore mostly because the m2m here is much more active so this is where I am.

Anyway about Mary, she is great and very meticulous about what she sends. I have not spoken to her in about a month as the last time I did she told me to wait at least a month and that it is not a good time to be buying watches. Strange that someone in the business of selling watches would tell you not to buy, right? She is very straight forward. Not lots of chit chat, but she communicates very well and will sort through watches better than most. I do like both Lucy and Sead who are both TD's here as well. You just contact her via e-mail and her e-mail is: [email protected]
If you do decide to buy from her, you might want to just sign up over at RWG just in case there would ever be a reason. I had like my 2nd ever rep seized by customs and it was one that she had sold me. She handled it like a true pro and because of that I have been a pretty loyal customer ever since. That was about 4 years ago & since then I have probably bought 30 watches from her. Never had a problem & I just basically green light what ever she sends for QC because I know she probably has a better eye than I do.

Dam alright, you convinced me :p
Hahaha no I'm kidding, seriously thank you very much for all the help!
I will buy from her! :)

I actually have an account in RWG. I think I've been a member there since 2016/2017, but I haven't really been active there. Guess I have to login again after all these years :)

By the way I saw her page in RWG and noticed that she doesn't accept PayPal or CC.
What do you think is the best option to pay?

I've been leaning towards TransferWise. Been reading about it since yesterday and it doesn't look that hard to setup. The only "problem" I might have is if TransferWise want me to take a picture of bank statements etc. Due to this Corona it might take a while to get those paper :/

Do we need bank statement etc in order to just transfer money?
Because in the app I can see three options;
1. Fast type (where you use Credit card).
2. Easy transfer (send from bank with online payment)
3. Low cost transfer (send money from your bank account)

I'm thinking to pick option 1 and use my Credit Card that I have on Revolut (just to be sure). Or just use my credit card since TransferWise seems trustworthy. Would that work without having to get all those bank statement paper etc? :)

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I think you'll have to talk to Transferwise about that. I've used them several times and it's great. No hidden fees and THE best exchange rates. But not all TDs accept it.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Dam alright, you convinced me :p
Hahaha no I'm kidding, seriously thank you very much for all the help!
I will buy from her! :)
I actually have an account in RWG. I think I've been a member there since 2016/2017, but I haven't really been active there. Guess I have to login again after all these years :)
By the way I saw her page in RWG and noticed that she doesn't accept PayPal or CC.
What do you think is the best option to pay?
I've been leaning towards TransferWise. Been reading about it since yesterday and it doesn't look that hard to setup. The only "problem" I might have is if TransferWise want me to take a picture of bank statements etc. Due to this Corona it might take a while to get those paper :/
Do we need bank statement etc in order to just transfer money?
Because in the app I can see three options;
1. Fast type (where you use Credit card).
2. Easy transfer (send from bank with online payment)
3. Low cost transfer (send money from your bank account)
I'm thinking to pick option 1 and use my Credit Card that I have on Revolut (just to be sure). Or just use my credit card since TransferWise seems trustworthy. Would that work without having to get all those bank statement paper etc? :)

Use your credit card for the extra protection it provides

i tried to use another transfer company Xendpay that was recommended by in time, after setting up an account and paying in £580 from my credit card, I got an email from their compliance department asking for all sorts of information about intime, including bank details and address, website address and invoice for goods, obviously I couldn't provide so they said they would refund me in full within 3-5 days,

long story short after 6 weeks of chasing being told that I would get it within days, this changed to it had already been refunded several weeks earlier, which my cc company denied and asked for more details about the alleged payment, xendpay did everything to prevent me getting the info I needed by my Credit card company
to make a claim, so in the end I thought I'd fight fire with fire and let's just say I altered some emails from xendpay to myself to make my case stronger, I won the case and my credit card company claimed the money back and refunded me in full.

i know this is a different company but it taught me to always use a credit card for the extra protection it provides.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Transferwise takes money from my bank account and sends it to dealers' bank account, no questions asked.

My Mastercard and Visa got hacked only because I used them for payments to China. Both times purchases were made on Deutsche Bahn and App store. My CC providers couldn't do shit. So there's that.

We're extremely off topic here, this thread is about the Seamaster. I think we better stick to it.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Hows the quality of the VSF rubber strap? Would like to see some pictures before ordering one from Ryan.

I bought a cheap one from AliExpress for 15 USD and I am not that happy plus the inside doesnt look like gen. Qualitywise it definitely could better cut and fit, the material also is quite "hard"

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hows the quality of the VSF rubber strap? Would like to see some pictures before ordering one from Ryan.

I bought a cheap one from AliExpress for 15 USD and I am not that happy plus the inside doesnt look like gen. Qualitywise it definitely could better cut and fit, the material also is quite "hard"

Very good... vsf and gen are almost identical in terms of quality imo. Had both in hand and those were my thoughts... good 95% accurate and feel too.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Very good... vsf and gen are almost identical in terms of quality imo. Had both in hand and those were my thoughts... good 95% accurate and feel too.

Wow that sounds promising, thanks!

Do you know how much is usually is from an TD or did you directly order the rubber version?
Could you share some pics for me, would defintely help my decision, ppl never post pictures of the inside haha