• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

markrubyred

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/19

Actually, looking at my original pictures, I realize that the gen clasp is not actually thinner, it just appears sleeker due to the edge being beveled more. Also, the "Omega" engraving is pretty damn close. I doubt I'd be able to spot it if they were not side by side.

Sorry for all the pics for those that really don't give a rat's ass about clasps hah.

I do give a rats ass and appreciate the pic's you have posted.;) Did you notice any difference between the gen vs rep on the brush marks on the clasp. They look the same in some shots and a little off in others. Many thanks for your detailed info FWIW, I have the VSF V2 and the gen........stupid money for the gen and it's up for sale.
Warm Regards,
Mark

shortlegs

31/5/19
I do give a rats ass and appreciate the pic's you have posted.;) Did you notice any difference between the gen vs rep on the brush marks on the clasp. They look the same in some shots and a little off in others. Many thanks for your detailed info FWIW, I have the VSF V2 and the gen........stupid money for the gen and it's up for sale.
Warm Regards,
Mark

Can't help but notice you said you have the VSF V2 and the gen.. Why do you still need to ask him if the brashings on the clasps are different? ;)

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Warm Regards,
Mark

I double checked and no I don't perceive any differences in the brushing. The biggest difference to me is the edge is beveled more on the gen, and the Omega imprint is a bit more crisp.

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
........The biggest difference to me is the edge is beveled more on the gen........

I don't own the gen, but I have tried it on 2x at the AD and I would agree with this. I took a polishing wheel to the edge of my clasp and softened the edge a bit. I have no idea why the rep makers would miss this detail, but for some reason they do. It does make a noticeable difference in the feel of the watch/clasp.

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
Anyone else in the market for this one? I got two TDs saying VSF is sending them the watch by post v2 that is. Reports seem mixed in regard to what is available and more importantly can be delivered

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
I think it would be safer to wait a little bit longer...

Good on you mate..I was of the same opinion but just wanted to see if anyone is ordering in the current climate.

Edit- So has anyone placed an order in the last week for this watch or some other watch ?

Last edited:

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
Good on you mate..I was of the same opinion but just wanted to see if anyone is ordering in the current climate.

Edit- So has anyone placed an order in the last week for this watch or some other watch ?

Yep, placed an order for a black and a blue this morning. I was told VSF are back up and running and the couriers too but that it will take longer than usual to fulfil any orders. But then waiting is the nature of this game anyway... :)

Reactions: rabl253

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
Yep, placed an order for a black and a blue this morning. I was told VSF are back up and running and the couriers too but that it will take longer than usual to fulfil any orders. But then waiting is the nature of this game anyway... :)

Thanks bud. Will follow along closely.

Reactions: didjital7

markrubyred

4/10/19
Can't help but notice you said you have the VSF V2 and the gen.. Why do you still need to ask him if the brashings on the clasps are different? ;)

Good catch.....the gen has been at AD for service and don't have the two to compare. Sorry for the confusion.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Does anyone have a good source where to service a watch that might be clogged up or broken?

Live in EU (Sweden)

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Does anyone have a good source where to service a watch that might be clogged up or broken?

Live in EU (Sweden)

Check out this resource right here on RWI: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

I am in the USA so I can't tell you which are in the EU as I haven't used those. I can vouch for Katt that is on the list, but he is US based. Poke around a bit, I would guess you could find someone from that list that you would be happy with.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Nashiey There's a great guy for this sort of thing on RWG.bz, I think his name is Rolie, he's UK based. A lot of members over there send their watches to him. Otherwise you can contact Domi from Germany ( dmuit), people seem to like his work.

AllanUSC

Known Member
16/2/20
I just placed an order for the Seamaster Diver 300M VSF v2 Blue Ceramic/Blue Dial.

I'm eagerly awaiting QC pics.

For those of you that already have this watch, is there anything I should look out for when I do get the pics?

Thanks for any suggestions.

PunkRockDoc

24/3/18
I just placed an order for the Seamaster Diver 300M VSF v2 Blue Ceramic/Blue Dial.

I'm eagerly awaiting QC pics.

For those of you that already have this watch, is there anything I should look out for when I do get the pics?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bezel dial alignment, severity of lume discolorization, hour marker lume fill, SEL

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
...........For those of you that already have this watch, is there anything I should look out for when I do get the pics?....

You should check to be sure you are getting the correct watch with the correct dial color etc. Look to be sure the hands & markers are all attached & that is about it.

I know some will disagree, but if you take the time to read about the purpose of QC pics you will see that I am pretty spot on with my comments above.

Just for reference here is a link specifically laying out what QC pics are and are not intended for:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-qc-pictures

While you are in the right area & since you are new, you should also spend some time reading several of the other threads in the FAQ area of the new members area. There are a ton of excellent stickies there that will help immensely with your understanding of how this whole thing works.

Welcome & have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

altabird

Horology Curious
13/2/20
1st post and very new to the rep world so I'll share my purchase experience on this watch. For the past several weeks, I've been combing through RWI and other sources to educate myself and figure out if a rep was right for me. Amazing contributions from senior members of this community.. thank you for the time you spend sharing knowledge and opinion.

I ordered this watch - 2018 Seamaster Diver 300M VSF V2 on Feb 23. I attempted to order 3x prior where my CC got declined after submit. Eventually I used a citi mc and it went through. The TD processing fee was $49. The QC pics came Feb 29 - just 6 days later and I accepted the watch 1x. While I'm not looking for perfection, I am amazed with quality and accuracy of this imitation. $5200 vs $400 for a watch that I don't care if anyone else ever see's on my wrist - the design is awesome and it puts a smile on my face. -3s/d, BE 0.1ms, 334 d ampl which may be a bit high. If it lasts a year, I'll be happy. If I can get it serviced when it breaks, terrific. If I lose it or destroy it, I'm thrilled it wasn't gen. Thanks members for this community.

Last edited: