• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

prefor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/17
Why does some reps a greenish lume while some have pure white??

I know that the Gen also have a bit greenish lume, but I think it's looks waay better with Pure white :(

Hopefully there is a V3 in sight soon that "fixes" that :)

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Why does some reps a greenish lume while some have pure white??

I know that the Gen also have a bit greenish lume, but I think it's looks waay better with Pure white :(

Hopefully there is a V3 in sight soon that "fixes" that :)

FFS, where have you been for the past 3 months?! This thread was nothing but this crap all the time.. Well, you can't get one either way, China is shut down. What you can do is drool over other people's SMPs while you wait for the V3 or 4 or 8. There will always be something, this is how the game is played. They will probably fix the lume and mess up something waaay more significant, so you'll be crying about the good ol' days, when all you had to worry about was green lume.

Reactions: hado67 and John1

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
FFS, where have you been for the past 3 months?! This thread was nothing but this crap all the time.. Well, you can't get one either way, China is shut down. What you can do is drool over other people's SMPs while you wait for the V3 or 4 or 8. There will always be something, this is how the game is played. They will probably fix the lume and mess up something waaay more significant, so you'll be crying about the good ol' days, when all you had to worry about was green lume.

This and.......

Pictures can be deceiving. Sometimes pics make things look way worse than they actually are because either a) the person taking the pics didn't know what they were doing or b) they intentionally did something to make it look worse than it actually is. An example of this would be to add a filter or to intentionally underexpose the picture etc.

I personally have V2 of this watch and I had V1 back when that one was the only one available. I am pretty picky and for me I have worn the watch a lot and been happy with it. I have been to the AD 2x specifically to look at the lume on a gen. I think the lume is probably slightly more off white than it should be, but with that said I think it is acceptable enough that I haven't bothered to get it re-lumed yet.

For anyone that is on the fence, I would say that you should just get it, and you be the judge once you have it in hand. 1st and foremost, the rep is overall REALLY nice and certainly one of the nicest reps that I have had. For reference I have had about 40 reps in the past 3 yrs.

Once in hand you can do 1 of a few things:
a) Wear it and be happy
b) Put it in the watch box along with the other 50+ watches & stare at its beauty.
c) Have the watch re-lumed
d) sell it in m2m and lose like $20.

I am like 99.99% sure that almost everyone chooses a or b. A few will choose d, but for some reason I have yet to see pics of anyone that has chosen to have this one re-lumed.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
personally the only thing that needs fixing here are the end links. contemplating ordering a different colour SMP and asking if I can order just the bracelet of the OMF SMP. those end links should make the watch 99.99% accurate.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I think the lume is fine. Sometimes I wonder if its just doing its job and certain lighting shows its luminescence?

Anyways, one thing that does bother me is the clasp. Does anyone else's rattle and sound like a toy? I have owned maybe 15 reps and it is by far the worst.

I might have just got a dud because the deployment comes lose very easily. Conversely, I have one with a rubber strap and love it. My clasp experience strikes me as odd given the amazing quality of the rest of the watch.

Either way, even with the crappy clasp, still one of my favorite reps. Just trying to determine if I should try my luck with another bracelet, or get a rubber strap instead.

I may also get a gen clasp. Because I care about these things lol. Love this watch so much I just want to make it better.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I really don't know about the clasp, maybe you two got duds or it was a batch thing, but the clasp is one of the best things on my SMP. And God knows I'm a bloody king of nitpickers!

Reactions: leo6929

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I really don't know about the clasp, maybe you two got duds or it was a batch thing, but the clasp is one of the best things on my SMP. And God knows I'm a bloody king of nitpickers!

Yeah, I was having a feeling I might've just been unlucky or else I probably would have read about it somewhere. But I really care about bracelet feel, quality clasp, and the general "feel" of things. I figured others may not care as much about that as compared to how reps look compared to gen. So I had to ask.

The damn clasp cost almost as much as the rep itself so I'm not sure if it was a good idea lol. But I had to do it in the name of science and understanding haha.

I rather like modding my Rolex reps though, so I figured might as well treat my SMP with the same love.

Reactions: leo6929

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Yeah, I was having a feeling I might've just been unlucky or else I probably would have read about it somewhere. But I really care about bracelet feel, quality clasp, and the general "feel" of things. I figured others may not care as much about that as compared to how reps look compared to gen. So I had to ask.

The damn clasp cost almost as much as the rep itself so I'm not sure if it was a good idea lol. But I had to do it in the name of science and understanding haha.

I rather like modding my Rolex reps though, so I figured might as well treat my SMP with the same love.

so you purchased a gen clasp? may I ask where? you don't happen to know if just the end links are available as well? can't seem to find any online. even just the bracelet is very difficult to get hold of.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
so you purchased a gen clasp? may I ask where? you don't happen to know if just the end links are available as well? can't seem to find any online. even just the bracelet is very difficult to get hold of.

There are a few endlinks on eBay I just saw. You may get different results being in South Africa though...

From my experience, which is limited, it isn't often that you can find the whole bracelet for a lot of these reps.

I got my clasp on Amazon though. Easy return, just in case.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
There are a few endlinks on eBay I just saw. You may get different results being in South Africa though...

From my experience, which is limited, it isn't often that you can find the whole bracelet for a lot of these reps.

I got my clasp on Amazon though. Easy return, just in case.

do you mind sending an ebay link when you come across them again please? maybe I can access it as well. so far I have only come across the older SMP's bracelet and end links. they are quite easy to come buy.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
do you mind sending an ebay link when you come across them again please? maybe I can access it as well. so far I have only come across the older SMP's bracelet and end links. they are quite easy to come buy.

I probably came across the same then I'd be willing to bet. If you know the correct part number, I'll keep an eye out. I'm not so familiar with Omega's nomenclature.

Reactions: jpchub

Vujco

Horology Curious
7/2/20
Hi to everyone
First sorry for my bad english :)

I want buy VSF V2 Blue ceramic Grey dial.
But I see that puretime have only OMF and URF version.
How to be sure that they will not send me one of these ? I didnt read much about OMF and URF but I read 100+ pages of this thread and realy like VSF version.
Also they have this version on strap,but I want bracelet.
So please help me :)

Question is general,because I see for example that other dealer have that VSF version but also OMF and URF...so how to be sure that its VSF version ?
I prefer puretime becauste od BTC payment posibility and I reah here that they are prety fair dealer.

https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seamas...nce-wheel.html
https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seamas...ree-nylon.html

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Vujco Trusted dealers are trusted for a reason. Not one of them would risk their reputation for 350$,so you can be 1000% certain that you will get what you pay for. Another way of being certain, is getting to know what you're buying, members have produced 2858 posts about this watch in this thread alone. Do some reading, ask some valid questions in case there's something you don't understand and you'll be safe. You have plenty of time, because China is shut down and will be for quite some time. Just don't ask to be spoon fed, because it probably won't end well. Welcome aboard!

I'm wearing mine while typing this post in my car. Man, what a watch!

Last edited:

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Vujco Trusted dealers are trusted for a reason. Not one of them would risk their reputation for 350$,so you can be 1000% certain that you will get what you pay for. Another way of being certain, is getting to know what you're buying, members have produced 2858 posts about this watch in this thread alone. Do some reading, ask some valid questions in case there's something you don't understand and you'll be safe. You have plenty of time, because China is shut down and will be for quite some time. Just don't ask to be spoon fed, because it probably won't end well. Welcome aboard!

I'm wearing mine while typing this post in my car. Man, what a watch!

2859 posts :)