• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
It's very greenish / yellow when under studio light, especially in Intimes QC pictures.

It definitely looks much better in real life!

Don't think there is a need for V3, since everything else is really awesome in this watch.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
It's very greenish / yellow when under studio light, especially in Intimes QC pictures.

It definitely looks much better in real life!

Don't think there is a need for V3, since everything else is really awesome in this watch.

ok, so you reckon I can GL? my order is from Intime and damn! the lume looks super bad.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
ok, so you reckon I can GL? my order is from Intime and damn! the lume looks super bad.

So here is the thing on the lume: Does anyone really think that one watches lume is any different than others? I wouldn't think so. I would imagine that whoever is doing the lume is doing it with the same lume on all the watches of the same model.

Obviously there are varying opinions on how close it it to the gen, but for someone who is trying to decide to ok a watch that question is irrelevant if they are all the same.

You should ok the watch & if it bothers you enough after you have the watch in hand you either a) sell the watch at a small loss or b) get it re-lumed

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
So here is the thing on the lume: Does anyone really think that one watches lume is any different than others? I wouldn't think so. I would imagine that whoever is doing the lume is doing it with the same lume on all the watches of the same model.

Obviously there are varying opinions on how close it it to the gen, but for someone who is trying to decide to ok a watch that question is irrelevant if they are all the same.

You should ok the watch & if it bothers you enough after you have the watch in hand you either a) sell the watch at a small loss or b) get it re-lumed

yeah that makes sense. it just if you go through this entire thread, you start seeing different lume from around April/May. I so believe there is a difference from the first batched to now. as long as it doesn't look in hand the way it does on the QC pics, then I will be happy. But then this previous guy just said he GL his, and in hand its still horrible. But yeah, I probably GL.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
you will not beleive it. When I look with my eyes, it is green and when I take a picture it is white :hypno: How is this possible !
maybe it is just my eyes that I need to change !

I am encountering this too. Looks green but in photo is white. Weird....

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Nanook65 mate!!
Please a advice for a veteran member.
Blue or black better?
I am in love of SS with bracalet in blue.
But I am picky and don't know if the color match.
Tks!!!!!:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: chentepilot

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nanook65 mate!!
Please a advice for a veteran member.
Blue or black better?
I am in love of SS with bracalet in blue.
But I am picky and don't know if the color match.
Tks!!!!!:drinks_cheers:

I'm not sure I have the most unbiased opinion, but I'll give it anyway. My preference is always going to be black dial and there are a few reasons. My biggest rationale is that black is the most versatile. It goes with literally everything and it always looks good on any dial & any watch. A second reason is that I have had several watches in both black and blue at the same time and an overwhelming amount of the time I choose to wear the black and eventually wind up selling the blue one. A third reason is that it seems to be easier for the rep makers to get black right. For some reason there rarely seems to be any sort of discussion about them getting black right but change the dial to blue or white and watch what happens.

Reactions: Therion666

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Tks friend. I have plenty of black watches, sd43, superocean, blancpain ff ...and am searching for a new color.
I don't have enough information if the blue one is good.
About the green dots..... for me is no problem. I have a good modder/lumer.
Tks!!!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Blue if you already have black divers. If you dont have any, go for black. I just GL my blue dial. Lume looks horrible. Crossing my fingers ilt looks better in person. If not, then i’ll just have to figure out how to fix it ????

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Tks friend. I have plenty of black watches, sd43, superocean, blancpain ff ...and am searching for a new color.
I don't have enough information if the blue one is good.
About the green dots..... for me is no problem. I have a good modder/lumer.
Tks!!!

Well then go for the blue or the white. They are all beautiful watches. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong here. I'm tempted to buy another color too.

bad_nosebleed

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/19
Ordered my first rep (Seamaster black wave dial with bracelet) from Asian7750 on Dec 1. Got QC and GLed on Dec 6th. Shipped on the 8th showing processed through facility (First class international package service, presumably China EMS). It has been more than a week since the tracking number shows any updates. It’s stuck at “pre-shipment” on USPS tracking. Any idea when I can expect it to hit the US? I am being patient per all the advice here but would like to know what to expect.

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Ordered my first rep (Seamaster black wave dial with bracelet) from Asian7750 on Dec 1. Got QC and GLed on Dec 6th. Shipped on the 8th showing processed through facility (First class international package service, presumably China EMS). It has been more than a week since the tracking number shows any updates. It’s stuck at “pre-shipment” on USPS tracking. Any idea when I can expect it to hit the US? I am being patient per all the advice here but would like to know what to expect.

What you describe is 100% normal. My best guess is you will have it before Christmas, but no one really knows for sure.

I know you have heard this sort of thing before and I know it is difficult not to worry, but try and just forget about the whole thing. Just try to spend exactly zero time or energy on trying to figure out when exactly your watch will show. It will show when it shows and there is exactly nothing you can do about it.

Reactions: bad_nosebleed

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden

Agree 100% with nanook! It’s totally normal. Mine was stuck with DHL pre-shipping for almost a week before actually being status updated.

I think it took maybe month and a half from China to Sweden from me ordering the watch until it actually arrived.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
You chose to get the watch shipped from China just in time for the holiday season. That's perfectly normal.