• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
This is why everyone uses RepTime on Reddit just because I have a few posts you talk to me like this, means nothing about what I actually know. This forum is far from friendly looking at answers to new members!

I am sorry for hurting your feelings. I am not sorry that I called you out for intentionally doctoring a picture to make the look worse than it actually does and then coming here and whining about it. Why you would do this sort of thing is beyond me.

For those who would like to know what the watch actually looks like I just took a pic of mine. I didn't edit it or charge up the lume or do anything else other than take the pic with the proper camera settings. No, the lume is not a bright white like the lettering on the bezel, but it isn't all that far off and to be honest I am not sure if it is any different than the Gen or not. I have been to the AD 2x to look and have looked at hundreds of pics of the Gen on WUS and I am still unsure. My opinion is that the watch is a VERY NICE rep and is passable as a gen. Others may have a different opinion and that is ok. If the slightly off white color of the lume bothers you enough it can easily be changed by someone that knows how re-lume a watch.

btw, for anyone that is thinking that the bezel is not lined up because it looks like it isn't at 3 & 9 this is just because of the camera angle. The camera is slightly higher than at a 90 degree angle to the face of the watch. The bezel lines 100% perfectly and if I had taken the time to get it to look right, it would.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
I rarely visit this thread anymore.
It used to to a great place to research the VSF 300, but now its just endless back and forth over lume colour.
as @Nanook65 states, the actual tint is not far from being white and can look worse when under incandescent lighting, or when the lume is charged and moving watch into shaded area.
I took a pic today for another member who was considering if they wanted to get it and this is what i got standing outside while taking a break at work
hNRK3.jpg

Sure i have other images where im in a shady room and the lume appears a slight green/yellow tint
If your going to let it ruin your day then move on. This isnt the one for you.
Quit the thread also... as there are many who would just like to enjoy this watch and talk about other aspects, without getting lost in lume.
There are over 100 pages of lume debate so i think anyone looking would be well informed that its not pure white in all lighting conditions.

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
stop producing smp with green or yellowish lume and problem solve because looking at the watch with super pearly white lume is very satisfying..

kissmark69

30/9/19
kissmark69 maybe keep a picture of Gen close by your side to look at to satisfy yourself. Out of your 57 posts, 56 has been moaning about the lume. We get it, you dont like the lume. Now get over it.

i already did, i visited many times the omega geniune stores..i just reminding the new customer to think many times before buying this, i want them to wait until the green/yellow lume is address, owning this watch with this lume is a bit stressing, or buy it and see for yourself...

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I can live with not perfect lume. Hell if it really bothers me i’ll even try to fix it myself. I’m sure many has noted your disapproval of the lume, you do not need to keep shoving it down everyone’s throats. We can decide for ourself if we can accept it or not. Maybe sell yours if you are that disappointed.

Reactions: Mark L

kissmark69

30/9/19
ill keep posting about this lume issue for new customer, it is really a nice watch, a well made watch...

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
ill keep posting about this lume issue for new customer, it is really a nice watch, a well made watch...

you really don't need to. any one reading this thread (and other threads) will clearly not your concerns. no need to mention it so many times. sell your watch. you are clearly very disappointed in it.

Reactions: Mark L

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
stop producing smp with green or yellowish lume and problem solve because looking at the watch with super pearly white lume is very satisfying..

No one here can make them change it.

May i suggest going for the OMF version of this then?
or a Rolex Explorer II?
or the GF SOH II.... Dont have to worry about lume at all with that one.

Oh wait, you bought the VSF. That was a mistake. yes?
Did you not read here that the lume can appear yellowish at times?
There has been a lot said that should have warned you in advance of buying.

Well thats a shame. I think you should put it in the box and start looking for your next purchase :jerry:

Reactions: Seefeld and jpchub

kissmark69

30/9/19
No one here can make them change it.

May i suggest going for the OMF version of this then?
or a Rolex Explorer II?
or the GF SOH II.... Dont have to worry about lume at all with that one.

Oh wait, you bought the VSF. That was a mistake. yes?
Did you not read here that the lume can appear yellowish at times?
There has been a lot said that should have warned you in advance of buying.

Well thats a shame. I think you should put it in the box and start looking for your next purchase :jerry:

vsf doesnt have lume issue before...just dont want the new customer to do the same mistake..wait until they address this flaw..

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
its such a shame that this beautiful piece turn out into this :

Good grief dude....
Please stop posting pics that have been intentionally doctored to try and make your point. This pic is NOT at all representative of what the watch actually looks like

Reactions: Seefeld

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Cant forget this one
jJNao.jpg

Rose gold? I'm thinking that the rose gold borders help hide any off white color cast.

Also having a hard time deciding between black and rose gold or blue and rose gold. Yellow gold seems too sporty for me.