• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
KhFgo.jpg

look at that super white indices :megusta:, then i look at mine(the same angle and light) sad face:( ...

Last edited:

bwsoldier

Horology Curious
5/9/19
Got mine today from Li at jtime, excellent service but the lume is yellow and completely ruins the watch! Looks like the newer models with the gold etc have the correct lume, I wonder if these are models that are floating about. I won't be wearing mine.

HerGy

17/8/19
I cancelled my SMP300 order after reading this thread.
I wonder, does the new SMP300 007 facing the same yellowish lume issue?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
My bezel click spring for the V2 Seamaster is fried, all three notches are broken.

Since the gen uses another kind of new spring I can’t even replace it with a gen spec spring even if I could somehow order it through offrei or cousinsuk.

Besides it’s a whole other circumference (37.2mm inner 38.8mm outer)

Now my question is would the TD from which I got the watch provide me with such part?

Could you post a photo of vsf bezel assembly?

Reactions: rabl253

bwsoldier

Horology Curious
5/9/19
Seems like the rose gold, gold and ceramic models have the whiter lume to me unless it's just the photos. I wonder if there are older ones floating about that they try to get rid of, but fresh ones are now ok?

Here's my QC link on Imgur http://imgur.com/a/csOJzGh

Here's some shots I took at home with different amounts of light http://imgur.com/gallery/o41SfbL

It's very hard to capture in a picture, but when looking at it with my own eyes, it's got a yellow tint and its annoying. Anyone wanna buy it haha!

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

wonkycrown

26/3/19
Hi everyone. I have the black dial vsf and rose gold vsf and can confirm that the lume is a yellow tint on the black dial and clean white on the rose gold version. The lume is slightly stronger on the black dial after a charge in sunight but they both taper off into the same brightness. When left on my table overnight they are still equally visible right through the night so an indication of good quality lume. I'm disappointed that the black dial is not perfect white but it is still a great piece and daily wear for me leaving the rose gold for weekends / eveings out.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I have a silver dial SMP 300 V1 from VSF and the lume is a perfect white. Guess it depends on the luck of the draw

Last edited:

bwsoldier

Horology Curious
5/9/19
Wow that is the worst one ive ever seen, are they getting yellower over time?

That's my watch it's way over exaggerated from me shining a light on it and getting it at a certain angle. I've just taken a picture right now and it looks almost white........ But it still has a yellow tint compared to gen.

Reactions: Mark L and Seefeld

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Gutted mines got this yellow tint! Doubt I'd even be able to sell it either now.

This is absurd! Why would you even say this? You have been here for a short time and have almost no posts so what exactly makes you an expert on this?

You yourself have admitted that you intentionally made your picture look much worse than it actually is.

News flash.....
Reps are not Gens and every rep has some minor differences from the Gen. If they were exactly the same, they would be Gens. And yet, every day there are dozens, if not hundreds of reps that get sold on m2m right here on RWI every one having slight differences from the gens.

Trust me, you can sell your watch if you want to, in fact I will publically offer to take it off your hands for $50 and rid you of this awful watch.

bwsoldier

Horology Curious
5/9/19
This is absurd! Why would you even say this? You have been here for a short time and have almost no posts so what exactly makes you an expert on this?

You yourself have admitted that you intentionally made your picture look much worse than it actually is.

News flash.....
Reps are not Gens and every rep has some minor differences from the Gen. If they were exactly the same, they would be Gens. And yet, every day there are dozens, if not hundreds of reps that get sold on m2m right here on RWI every one having slight differences from the gens.

Trust me, you can sell your watch if you want to, in fact I will publically offer to take it off your hands for $50 and rid you of this awful watch.

This is why everyone uses RepTime on Reddit just because I have a few posts you talk to me like this, means nothing about what I actually know. This forum is far from friendly looking at answers to new members!

Reactions: Shimmyshims