• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Received my QC pictures, looks great.

Two questions
  1. do the 3 and 9 hour markers look crooked to you all? Or is it just the angle of the photos?
  2. is the date wheel aligned? Looks a bit off in the picture with the date wheel set at 8.
Thanks in advance!

I would be willing to lay odds that what you are seeing on the 3 & 9 is just the angle that the pic is taken at.

The 8 does look off a bit. You could ask to see pics of different dates. Different dates do center differently quite often, but with that said on the wrist that would not bother me.

I would accept it

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
My bezel click spring for the V2 Seamaster is fried, all three notches are broken.

Since the gen uses another kind of new spring I can’t even replace it with a gen spec spring even if I could somehow order it through offrei or cousinsuk.

Besides it’s a whole other circumference (37.2mm inner 38.8mm outer)

Now my question is would the TD from which I got the watch provide me with such part?

I would ask the TD that you bought the watch from. Some are better than others, but a lot depends on VSF too as they may or may not be willing to to sell a part like that.

I have had the best luck getting parts like that by asking my TD when ordering the next watch. It does help if you are a long time repeat customer...

Last edited:

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
How did you manage to damage the bezel click spring? Were you trying to make the click more gen like? Just wondering...
No idea if Vsf provide spare parts to dealers but I would expect support from your dealer.

Well, actually from normal use, I didn’t try to mod or anything. Perhaps they aren’t meant to be used that much?. I’ll try to get at least a pair of springs for the future.

As time passed by I’d have less resistance and crispness I presume by losing a spring ’tooth’ at a time, now all clicks are gone. Took the bezel out and confirmed this.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Well, actually from normal use, I didn’t try to mod or anything. Perhaps they aren’t meant to be used that much?. I’ll try to get at least a pair of springs for the future.

As time passed by I’d have less resistance and crispness I presume by losing a spring ’tooth’ at a time, now all clicks are gone. Took the bezel out and confirmed this.

Sourcing a spring shouldn't be a big deal for a TD. Sending the whole watch back to repair would be much worse for him too.

Reactions: chentepilot

Chewwy00

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
Hi Guys,

New here on the forum. I've been following closely the discussion on the Yelowish lume thing and wanted to share pictures received for my QC a few days ago and pictures taken in a OMEGA store of the GEN...

Now the GEN:

Reactions: leo6929 and obrienk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi Guys......I've been following closely the discussion on the Yelowish lume thing and wanted to share pictures received for my QC a few days ago and pictures taken in a OMEGA store of the GEN...

Now the GEN:

I think these 2 pics depict exactly what I have been saying all along which is that lighting conditions and camera settings can change the color a lot in a pic especially when you are talking shades of white. I still believe this whole lume thing is somewhere between completely blown out of proportion and just straight up wrong.

Look closely at these two pics of the gen in the Omega store & tell me the gen lume is pearly white just like the bezel insert. It straight up just isn't. VSF lume color to me is perfect. If they were to change it to a more white color there would be an outcry saying they ruined the watch and it is way too white.

kissmark69

30/9/19
i have the black one vsf and i can say that the indices is color green compare to its hands which is whitish, hope they are they same color, maybe they came from different factory.

kissmark69

30/9/19

its greenish, please vsf, change it to more whitish gen like, pls...

Last edited:

Matt88

18/8/19
After having looked at this thread and the many examples as well as two gens in different lighting conditions here is my conclusion. My piece arrived recently and it is a bit yellowish, yes. The gen is a bit whiter, but this is a long discussion. There is a slight difference. Having said that, a LOT, depends on the lighting. In natural/cold light it is white. Warm light does give it a bit of a yellowish vibe. I can take two pics of mine - perfectly white and yellowish without playing around with filters, it will be just the light. To sum it up from my side - Guys, this is a great rep. There will be different lighting conditions in your life ;) Enjoy it and wear it in good health. I would however refrain from getting the white dial. It might be risky given the circumstances.

kissmark69

30/9/19

the hand’s lume is white compare to marker, wish they are the same color..anyway it is beautiful piece..

Last edited:

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Don't understand why they don't just use the same lume on both

Not sure if I should confirm QC for my white dial or opt for the blue or bluegray model :(

kissmark69

30/9/19
Don't understand why they don't just use the same lume on both

Not sure if I should confirm QC for my white dial or opt for the blue or bluegray model :(

different factory i guess
i wanna order the white dial, are they going to address/fix this?...

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I've had mine for a week now and here some thoughts. Compared to my VSF 45.5 mm CRPO, this feels cheaper in quality. Crown is not as smooth, bracelet and espacially the locking system is noisy and flimsy (oil bath helped a lot). Bracelet fitment to the watch head is not precise, it is very difficult to remove the bracelet as it is too tight fit - I used sandpaper to narrow the end links and now it is better but not good. Also the end links do not fit nicely, there are gaps visible on the curved side.

Overall it looks very nice and details are top notch - no dust or fingerprints inside, no sharp edges or spilled lume - these were normal signs for reps just few years ago. Lume is just fine, trust me. I ordered mine with rubber ad bracelet. Rubber is kind of stiff but I have not seen genuine. Compared to older Noob CRPO rubber straps again this feels cheap and plasticky - I have received far better feeling straps from Ali for usd10.

I am happy with it, but imo there are much more important improvement details than the lume color. But for sure no need to wait for Vx to have all the details ready or you will wait forever.

IMG_20191031_092124__01_zpsffbdbsrk.jpg

IMG_20191030_084351_zps4yx9rgtu.jpg

Last edited:

kissmark69

30/9/19
i just visited omega authentic dealer today and i compared mine, the gen was pearly white indeed, thats the only difference ive notice, wish we have the same lume color :(

Last edited:
Reactions: botsyboy