• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

kissmark69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/19
green lume is not noticeable when you start wearing it, its normal even with the Gen..im really impressed with the quality.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
green lume is not noticeable when you start wearing it, its normal even with the Gen..im really impressed with the quality.
Of course it is noticeable! Have you actually owned the gen and seen it in different lighting conditions. It is white! I’ve had three versions of the gen and currently have the steel and gold blue dial and it’s white. I also have the black vsf which is currently stripped waiting for my SL BGW9 grade A lume to arrive.

Last edited:
Reactions: keisuke_z

amazingasian42

Looking Around
3/9/19
zTiOR.jpg
zTazL.jpg
zTUvQ.jpg

How does this look to you guys? I think the lume color looks good but I can't tell if the bezel is misaligned or if it's just the angle.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
That image is inside a studio with charged lume! It’s pointless comparing what you see in a picture if you have not handled the gen to really compare in person. Too many people say this is bad and that is bad but they’ve never seen the real thing in person!!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
That image is inside a studio with charged lume! It’s pointless comparing what you see in a picture if you have not handled the gen to really compare in person. Too many people say this is bad and that is bad but they’ve never seen the real thing in person!!

I would agree with what you are saying, however I would take it a bit further and say "It is pointless making any sort of conclusion about any color based on a picture taken in isolation." What I mean by this is that anyone that knows anything about photography could make watch lume look any number of shades of white, yellow, green, blue etc whatever
just based on lighting & camera settings.

The ONLY way to really compare rep to gen if you are talking about lume color (or any other color question for that matter) is to take pictures of both the rep and gen in the same setting with the same controlled lighting with the same camera and same camera settings.

Until someone makes a comparison of rep vs gen lume doing exactly as I said there will continue to be a controversy about this.

Btw, I would be happy to do it, but I don't have a gen

kissmark69

30/9/19
I would agree with what you are saying, however I would take it a bit further and say "It is pointless making any sort of conclusion about any color based on a picture taken in isolation." What I mean by this is that anyone that knows anything about photography could make watch lume look any number of shades of white, yellow, green, blue etc whatever
just based on lighting & camera settings.

The ONLY way to really compare rep to gen if you are talking about lume color (or any other color question for that matter) is to take pictures of both the rep and gen in the same setting with the same controlled lighting with the same camera and same camera settings.

Until someone makes a comparison of rep vs gen lume doing exactly as I said there will continue to be a controversy about this.

Btw, I would be happy to do it, but I don't have a gen

this

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK

That was my point in posting this particular pic. To highlight the difference from the pic above.

To any who want my take on it

The lume is active 24/7. As soon as you get into any shadow it starts to glows green. But it glows green constantly not just when in shadow or darker light.conditions.

Hence the slightly green look to it.

Lume on every watch with green superlume would surely do the same.

You can see in the pics above.

the 1st pic it looks ok

the 2nd the left is practically glowing and the right less so, due to the shadow being cast over the left hand side.

There is nothing wrong with the lume IMO. Its just looks more green depending on amount of available light.

Last edited:

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Gen only uses green lume for pip and minute hand, indices and hour hand are supposed to be blue.

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
Gen only uses green lume for pip and minute hand, indices and hour hand are supposed to be blue.

I stand corrected the indices are blue lume. In the lower light it looks more green like the minute hand.
I still kinda think its the lume glowing in poor light that gives it its off color.

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
I stand corrected the indices are blue lume. In the lower light it looks more green like the minute hand.
I still kinda think its the lume glowing in poor light that gives it its off color.

Sounds like VSF used some good old remaining Radiomir..

edward01

Horology Curious
21/5/19
Good day! I have a question for all owners of seamaster 300 vsf. I received a watch and everything is perfectly done in it, but there is one obvious minus - a small backlash of the bezel, that is, the bezel can be shifted literally a millimeter before it goes to the next risk. Friends can you touch your bezel, does it really have a little play?