• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Shogo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/4/19
Any tips on how to avoid the yellow lume issue? Can I tell the TD to not consider those for me?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Rehash please I don’t know how to search in this thread.

No idea if it is in this thread, but since you asked....

There are 2 ways that I am aware of to swap a bezel insert. I have only done method #1 myself.

1) Remove the entire bezel and then remove the insert. You take a knife (a thin kitchen knife works well) insert it in between the case and the bezel and twist. The bezel will snap out in one spot and then you can remove it. Once removed you will be able to see the back of the bezel insert. Usually the insert is installed with some very thin double sided tape/adhesive that is made just for this purpose & is softened with heat. Take a heat gun ( or hair drier) & heat up the bezel/ bezel insert and then using a knife slowly loosen the bezel insert. When reinstalling the bezel & insert it is best to snap the bezel back in before you put the insert back in so you get everything lined up right.

2) The 2nd way avoids removing the bezel, but might not work. Method #2 is basically the same as #1 except after heating up the insert you remove the insert using a razor blade by inserting in between the insert & bezel & carefully it out.

Reactions: obrienk and leo6929

mastermachetier

Horology Curious
15/5/17

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
VSF does a really good job with the lumes.
No one will tell you that your watch has a yellowish lume.
Wear it proudly and enjoy.

Cheers

Reactions: Tcc13c

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Going to look at a used gen tomorrow. Anything in particular I should be looking out for? Pretty sure it’s not a rep but can’t be too careful

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Look at the 11th day on the date wheel, the cuts on the dial should be perfect and the hands also.
On the back, the movement should be clean as a whistle.
The crowns are smooth and well made.
The winding of the movement should be like a dream :)

Cheers

Reactions: Matt88

yosemite1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Hello everybody! I received my watch two days ago, and I am very impressed by the quality. Yesterday I have been in Munich at a local watch supplier and checked out the gen watch. There is nearly no dofference. Only the spots on my watch look slightly yellowish in direct comparison, but this was very, very slightly and I think it will be not noticed if you dont hold both parts next to each other.

But I have one question to all of you: when i screw out the crown and change time and date, everything works fine. But while screw the crown back in there are very strange noises which sound not good to me. Is this normal, or is your watch complete silent (except of the normal ticking) when you screw the crown back in? Thank you for your reply!

Same here. That and the low power reserve is the greatness weakness in my opinion. It sounds really awful when I screw back the crown (and I took greatest care from the beginning). And I think it‘s only a matter of time before it‘s broken as I don‘t think it goes back all the way in already (tiny, tiny gap between crown and watch body).

Mark L

Known Member
28/8/19
UK
uummm white.

IMG-4252.jpg

dutchguy2

27/2/11
I love my black V1 version of this watch. It is a fantastic watch and I don't care if it is a good Rep. I love that ivory white lume. It realy makes the watch.
v9UK.jpg

I love it so much that I ordered the gray blue one from Sead.

If someone can help me with a link to the aliexpress rubber strap that would be much appriciated.

Also some pics of the gray blue one would help me with the wait.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Have you guys seen the new 007 limited edition?
I don't know what to get now :S
The 50 year anniversary? Yeah. I hope VSF doesn't do that one. It will be over for my wallet, lmao

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk