• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Moerty

Horology Curious
18/8/19
Hey everyone! I have just orderes my grey Variante of the watch and got the quality pics and a Video from jtime. Pictures Look very good in my oppinion (I can Post a link if anybody wants to see), but the amplitude of the watch shows 320 degree. I have read that it Should normally have 260-300 degree. Is there a Problem with the watch? Thanks for your help!

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
QC pics from Jtime
Indices look like they may have the yellow tint that has been talked about, what do you guys think? Also alignment at 35,40 and 45 looks way off and some of the others look slightly off. Or it could be angle. Appreciate any feedback.
99072a19badd54f4506f48c1f473f4f2.jpg

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
I'd like to reiterate that when I talk about the yellow lume issue I am not talking about just a tiny tinge of yellow hue like gen has. I am not calling it an issue just cause it's not pearly white nor am I stating gen is all pearly white. But if someone has this yellow lume issue, it is REALLY yellow. Two examples:

74fbd736a161c6a2ee54a48dd93f0ccb8bcf3eb42c2fe791.png

TAOIgUu2e9a4552ee983747530e526c38723e5c.jpg

Gen never gets this yellow. The reddit topic that was linked here, the poster said he took his yellow lume replica to the AD and when comparing, he did note the Gen has some yellow to it but not nearly as yellow as his own replica with the yellow lume issue. Let's also not forget that people who have seen these photos here said that their own reps never got that yellow. So there is definitely some inconsistency is the yellow between batches.

Also, when certain posters try to dispel the yellow lume issue, they always used gen pictures in yellow lighting where the lume looked kind of yellow but so did the numbers on the bezel. Showing that the lighting hitting the indices and bezel numbers had the same hue to it, meaning it was a matter of room lighting. Here, you can see the yellow lume issue while the bezel numbers are pearly white. This means that there is no yellow lighting reflecting off the index markers to just "appear" yellow. It is just yellow! Not just yellow but really damn yellow. Show a gen SMP with pearly white bezel numbers and a yellow hue this strong. It won't happen.
Wow just looked at these pics that is very yellow, what color is like supposed to be?
739b979fb5c2edae8d61e80acaa0a457.jpg

Kayjay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/19
Germany
QC pics from Jtime
Indices look like they may have the yellow tint that has been talked about, what do you guys think? Also alignment at 35,40 and 45 looks way off and some of the others look slightly off. Or it could be angle. Appreciate any feedback.
99072a19badd54f4506f48c1f473f4f2.jpg

Seems to be the angle. Better ask for different pics.
​​​​​​Those indices have the normal slight yellow tint on it, nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Matt88

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
Maybe you can see the slight green tint on the markers of mine, but it's hard to capture. Tried to compare it to the pure white markers of my Davosa Ternos Professional:

83G25pg.jpg

6FDSWLw.jpg

Last edited:

indierock Jim

Horology Curious
3/7/19
Just received this from a TD on Saturday. One pic it looks like a yellowish tint, the next, not so much. Far more concerning to me is the lack of alignment on the bezel, especially a the 12 and 6 o'clock positions but it's just not printed correctly at all. Just didn't really notice on the QC pics. My first rep, rookie mistake. next rookie mistake, pics did not upload. Sorry, my first post with pics was a disaster.
https://ibb.co/k3WxWgY

https://ibb.co/P4LxGPz

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

spoos

Horology Curious
18/1/17
second set of qc pictures here..i think that has a little yellowish markers (when i see it on my phone's screen. on my pc screen it seems ok). not a big problem i guess.
is this v2 bracelet/clasp? omega logo is machined deeper than others.
full album here: https://imgur.com/a/zRj9BbB

IMG-3082.jpg
IMG-3081.jpg

Last edited:

spoos

Horology Curious
18/1/17
second set of qc pictures here..i think that has a little yellowish markers (when i see it on my phone's screen. on my pc screen it seems ok). not a big problem i guess.
is this v2 bracelet/clasp? omega logo is machined deeper than others.
full album here: https://imgur.com/a/zRj9BbB

IMG-3082.jpg
IMG-3081.jpg

I hate being nitpeaking but is the 3 marker crooked? and the pimp a little out on the right side? GL or RL?

Last edited:

shortlegs

31/5/19
Just received my QC photos. What do you all think about the lume color? It looks pretty yellow on my phone, but on the computer, less so. Quite different I must say..

https://imgur.com/a/LkPrBqI

Should I ask for additional photos under natural sunlight and under direct indoors light?

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Just received my QC photos. What do you all think about the lume color? It looks pretty yellow on my phone, but on the computer, less so. Quite different I must say..

Should I ask for additional photos under natural sunlight and under direct indoors light?
That's very fickle. I'd say ask for a natural lighting photo.

Also very interesting that you should say how different it looks on separate devices. Thank you for bringing that up! Different colour gamut levels on different devices will show slight differences so to the discerning eye this can be frustrating. Unless you have a graphics designer monitor with outrageous colour reproduction accuracy, it will be very difficult to get a perfect opinion.

Unless you have it on hand, then your eye will do the work of several thousand dollar devices ;)

Sent from my DHGate Shitter using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Moza

Devious21

Horology Curious
27/1/19
Has anyone had the issue of the date wheel not disengaging when attempting to screw down the crown? Is this a common problem or any idea on what it would take to fix something like that?

Setting the time is very difficult as I have to set the date multiple days before and keep attempting to screw down until it lands where I need it.

Devious21

Horology Curious
27/1/19
+1 I have same issue, when try to screw the crown in the watch remains in date change mode. Very annoying and i think this fault should didn't pass the dealer QC .
As many of us have this problem, somebody can share (if any) a step by step stem modification? I tried but i didn't find on the Modifications and repairs. Thank you in advance!

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

tbtheone1

4/12/17
Canada

see thats what the gen looks like, very subtle hue but overall very white. Ours are like always off color... and here's the thing. My markers look white in SOME LIGHTS, like very white. But in random situations the greenish yellow hue will show like a sore thumb. Its very weird, but those look good (Y)

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Has anyone had the issue of the date wheel not disengaging when attempting to screw down the crown? Is this a common problem or any idea on what it would take to fix something like that?

Setting the time is very difficult as I have to set the date multiple days before and keep attempting to screw down until it lands where I need it.

Yes I haven't found a solution but I just set my date to the day before the current day and then after I screw it down it goes to the correct date. I'm hoping a full servicing will fix this issue.