• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This knitpicking is getting ridiculous

This is a premium rep, not a DHGate shitter. having your watch glow neon yellow to a greenish hue is not appealing. This is NOT nitpicky, and it seems like the ones who call this nitpicky are the ones without this issue. Easy to say others are nitpicky when you don't have the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
This is a premium rep, not a DHGate shitter. having your watch glow neon yellow to a greenish hue is not appealing. This is NOT nitpicky, and it seems like the ones who call this nitpicky are the ones without this issue. Easy to say others are nitpicky when you don't have the problem.

I must agree, it spoils the whole look of the watch and something has definitely changed.
Here is a pic of my gen black dial with my VSF V1 gray dial, the indices on both are a nice, rich white.
IMG-6357.jpg

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Gen indices look yellowish in this video? For sure not stark white unless my eyes deceive me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Y8MB0jGZg&feature=share

I see it the same as you. Mine is no more off white than in the video posted of the gen.

@duckber
I am wondering if duckber & a couple others that have been the most actively complaining about the lume color actually own this watch? I haven't seen any evidence that anyone that has complained actually owns a watch with bad lume. Every pic I have seen that looks off has been is horrendously underexposed and/or has the white balance WAY off. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to get a good copy and somehow you can't or is there some other agenda?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I see it the same as you. Mine is no more off white than in the video posted of the gen.

@duckber
I am wondering if duckber & a couple others that have been the most actively complaining about the lume color actually own this watch? I haven't seen any evidence that anyone that has complained actually owns a watch with bad lume. Every pic I have seen that looks off has been is horrendously underexposed and/or has the white balance WAY off. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to get a good copy and somehow you can't or is there some other agenda?

I'm starting to wonder if YOU'RE the one with a hidden agenda here. Why are you so overtly defensive over people complaining about a legitimate issue? Do you have stock invested in VSF?

Are you seriously saying people who are complaining about the lume don't actually own the watch? Please, get off your high horse.

Exhibit A:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...00#post8091500

AND

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...07#post8091507

Exhibit B:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...07#post8094507

AND

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...06#post8094806

AND

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...04#post8101604

Exhibit C:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...is_it_just_me/

Which was linked in here via this post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...18-seamaster-diver-300m?p=8096165#post8096165

For delete comments in that thread:

https://www.removeddit.com/r/RepTime...is_it_just_me/

The fact that all of these have either been posted directly onto this topic or directly linked to this topic makes me think that you deliberately avoided those posts to make your "no one who actually has the watch has complained" argument purposely under a false premise, or you didn't thoroughly read this entire topic and do your homework. Which one is it?

Please, drop your snarky condescending attitude and let people talk about the issue that has arisen. I'm glad you love your VSF replica, but this weird "'VSF can do no wrong" mantra coming from you is very suspect.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Dude,
do you own the watch?

So your retort to my proving you made an incredibly fallacious argument is by moving past the argument and asking if I own it?

I put some work into obliterating your argument out of existence, and you completely ignore it. Tsk tsk.

No, I do not. I am currently ordering it through JTime with Li, under the conditions that the lume issue is not apparent. He agreed that he would look for me.

What does that prove, though? You made some ridiculous claims. What if I do not currently have it? I plan to, and am currently ordering one. But if not, so what?

That doesn't dispel the fact that multiple people have the watch and reported the issue. Doesn't change the fact that your argument was 100% horse shit.

I brought up this issue BECAUSE I want the watch. Does me not having one make the argument go away? Why are you singling me out? Talk to the people who actually said they have the problem and own the watch. You know, the people you blatantly lied about not existing.

Do you own VSF?

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I have the v2 and it's not yellow at all.

Glad to hear it. I do believe it has to do with the batch. I never stated everyone has it.

But if even 5% of people got it that's enough to alarm people to look out for it.

In the rose gold omega thread someone received his and it seems good, no yellow lume. So hopefully newer batches don't have the issue.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Im just shooting it out there. Everybody here has been to kindergarden and played around and mixed colors right?!

what happens when you mix green-ish (lets say the color from the lume) with a warm color (color from the sun). It becomes, you guessed it... Yellow! Is that an explanation?

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Im just shooting it out there. Everybody here has been to kindergarden and played around and mixed colors right?!

what happens when you mix green-ish (lets say the color from the lume) with a warm color (color from the sun). It becomes, you guessed it... Yellow! Is that an explanation?

Seeing that some people get the really yellow lume and others do not, it's not really a matter of the lume itself causing the problem from the sun. It's just likely a bad lume batch from the factory.

Reactions: philiusmaximus

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I might be wrong here, so please correct me if so. I was under the impression that parts like hands and dials normally come from different suppliers. Thats why there are often lume differences between hands and dials in some reps. Am I correct? So in my mind, if there is a lume batch issue, it would be unlikely that both the hands and the dial with have the same issue. Which to me points back to lighting issues. Just my two cents.

Kan31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
My TD just send me the qc on whatsapp, i ask him to send me photo via mail to have photos with better quality and value better..... but unfortunatly at the momenti i see the yellow tint on the lume...

shortlegs

31/5/19
My TD just send me the qc on whatsapp, i ask him to send me photo via mail to have photos with better quality and value better..... but unfortunatly at the momenti i see the yellow tint on the lume...

Mind sharing the photos you have at the moment?

Reactions: Matt88

Matt88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/19
I was more of a long time lurker here rather than an active participant, but here is my two cents on this topic. I saw the gen recently and as previously stated it was not a pure Colgate white in my opinion. There is a bit of hue/tint which gives it a little bit of yellowish look. I saw some QC pics where it is visible and slightly worse than the gen. There has to be a small problem with these, I recently inquired an AD and got the example QC pics that have been shared here before and they seem to have this issue. Perhaps it is not visible at all in some lighting conditions and more visible in others. Either way I will chill for a bit and ask for better QC pics of a particular model, these ones will probably be swapped and go to retail with no QC pics available beforehand. Just my opinion, I have decided to buy it already just gotta wait for a pretty good piece. Thanks everyone for your input and wisdom ! It is appreciated !

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I'd like to reiterate that when I talk about the yellow lume issue I am not talking about just a tiny tinge of yellow hue like gen has. I am not calling it an issue just cause it's not pearly white nor am I stating gen is all pearly white. But if someone has this yellow lume issue, it is REALLY yellow. Two examples:

74fbd736a161c6a2ee54a48dd93f0ccb8bcf3eb42c2fe791.png

TAOIgUu2e9a4552ee983747530e526c38723e5c.jpg

Gen never gets this yellow. The reddit topic that was linked here, the poster said he took his yellow lume replica to the AD and when comparing, he did note the Gen has some yellow to it but not nearly as yellow as his own replica with the yellow lume issue. Let's also not forget that people who have seen these photos here said that their own reps never got that yellow. So there is definitely some inconsistency is the yellow between batches.

Also, when certain posters try to dispel the yellow lume issue, they always used gen pictures in yellow lighting where the lume looked kind of yellow but so did the numbers on the bezel. Showing that the lighting hitting the indices and bezel numbers had the same hue to it, meaning it was a matter of room lighting. Here, you can see the yellow lume issue while the bezel numbers are pearly white. This means that there is no yellow lighting reflecting off the index markers to just "appear" yellow. It is just yellow! Not just yellow but really damn yellow. Show a gen SMP with pearly white bezel numbers and a yellow hue this strong. It won't happen.

Last edited: