• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
If you want to give it a blast without waiting/buying the tool, you can literally just bend the springbar (a bit) on the corner of a wall or table or something - is not pretty, but I've found it works. Probably only do this if you have loads of springbars - if you only have one (or an expensive one), perhaps best to use the tool.

hung123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/8/19
Here's another thread on Reddit where an owner has yellow markers - https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/csj25h/yellow_lume_on_new_vsf_v2_seamaster_is_it_just_me/

All of the chatter on here and other threads has convinced me to switch my order on the SMP300 to a different watch and I'll reorder when VSF corrects this issue. Do we have consensus on whether this is a problem with the most recent batch only? It would be helpful if owners with yellow vs white markers let us know when they purchased their watches.

Generous182

Looking Around
22/8/19
Think about buying this vsf seamaster but can’t tell
If it’s a v1 or v2? I’m new to the replica watch scene so any advice would be great! The pictures I’ve been sent aren’t good quality sorry.

Thanks peter

5ca6ae07-2e89-444b-86d6-c8ee1f3077aa

Last edited:

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
It seems ok, but it's hard to tell. I'm trying to get people like tbtheone1 to post their QC pictures to see how apparent theirs were in their QC pics.
It seems like yellow markers are a problem from the latest batch? Most owners earlier in this thread when V2 just came out seem very happy with the watch and there were no complaints about yellow markers.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
This knitpicking is getting ridiculous
Different aspects matter more to different people. Some care very strongly about marker alignment, and others are colour oriented. The variations are many.

I say let people be picky about what matters to them, because since no rep is perfect it makes sense that someone would want to have a sense of pride in having at least one aspect out of many that comes close to the original beauty of the gen.

At least, that's my take from seeing the stress in Rolex forums. Can't have it all, but if you can have one thing, it seems okay to feel strongly about it :)

Sent from my pOfEX V9.5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kayjay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/19
Germany
tbtheone1Duckber here are my qc pics (see Imgur link below) what do you guys think (and any anyone else who wants to weigh in). The markers seem to have a yellow hue to them but not sure?

https://imgur.com/gallery/805rhNd

Please keep in mind that the markers are not pure white in gen. If you see them in flesh (not photoshopped) you will notice a slight hue as well.

BTW: This is the best aligned watch I've seen so far. Pearl, bezel, bezel insert, markers and date window are very very good. Congrats!

Reactions: Matt88

Matt88

18/8/19
Please keep in mind that the markers are not pure white in gen. If you see them in flesh (not photoshopped) you will notice a slight hue as well.

BTW: This is the best aligned watch I've seen so far. Pearl, bezel, bezel insert, markers and date window are very very good. Congrats!

Agree. Saw the gen recently and there is a very slight hue.

tbtheone1

4/12/17
Canada
This knitpicking is getting ridiculous

nobody asked you chief. Its my watch I payed for it and im allowed to critique it... especially an issue that hasnt been noted and has appeared out of the blue for multiple people. Just like the AP v9... literally absolute stunning rep but has a consistent overpowered lume. Like I said this watch is literally almost perfect to me and I am still happy and grateful to vsf and this wonderful community... but to have a completely off colored index and reoccuring overpowered greenish yellowed lume in various types of lighting is for sure frustrating considering how close it was to perfection. Let people voice their opinion and mind yours :D THANKS

Here was my QC front face as its definitely apparent

https://i.gyazo.com/6a9b32d6e558958f157195b9cb0616fc.png

I just assumed it was still powered from the lume shot.

hung123

Banned
13/8/19
Different aspects matter more to different people.
Thanks Kenny G, that was most eloquently stated.

Thank you, sir. Dang, that's some high praise - I thought the alignment was good too. I will GL the watch on your recommendation and others on Reddit where I also posted my QC.

Agree. Saw the gen recently and there is a very slight hue.

Hearing this from you and Kayjay makes me feel better about accepting the watch, thanks.