• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Mista

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/18
May i can clean the pearl? It seams theire be rest of glue or something?

spoos

Horology Curious
18/1/17
IMG-3792b.jpg

just received my qc..mine also has a lot of glue (i suppose this is glue) on the bezel. also the clasp seems scratched??
i would love to hear your opinion and if i miss something else.
Photo gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/n9hMLev

Last edited:

Kayjay

2/7/19
Germany
IMG-3792b.jpg

just received my qc..mine also has a lot of glue (i suppose this is glue) on the bezel. also the clasp seems scratched??
i would love to hear your opinion and if i miss something else.
Photo gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/n9hMLev

Lume on the dial marker (12) seems to be uneven but might be some kind of reflection. If you ask me, too many flaws on this one.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Does anyone NOT have an issue with lume/indices looking too yellow?

I just heard of this complaint and I am curious if everyone has it or just a few.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I just heard of this complaint and I am curious if everyone has it or just a few.

Seriously.....
I have read this entire thread & owned V1 and V2. Maybe I missed someone mentioning this, but to the best of my memory I do not recall this mentioned even once & you are suggesting that this is a major issue that all of these watches have and somehow all of us missed it.

if you have any doubt about how nice this watch is, just go back and read this thread start to finish.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Seriously.....
I have read this entire thread & owned V1 and V2. Maybe I missed someone mentioning this, but to the best of my memory I do not recall this mentioned even once & you are suggesting that this is a major issue that all of these watches have and somehow all of us missed it.

if you have any doubt about how nice this watch is, just go back and read this thread start to finish.

Maybe it's not a major issue, but it has been mentioned on many rep forums.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...18-seamaster-diver-300m?p=8007588#post8007588

Here is an example of it being mentioned in this very topic.

I believe it is a batch issue.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS

I've been following this thread from almost the beginning and have owned 3, currently still own 2. No issues here or from my other 3 RWI friends that own also. Not apparent in posted pics either.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've been following this thread from almost the beginning and have owned 3, currently still own 2. No issues here or from my other 3 RWI friends that own also. Not apparent in posted pics either.

That's good to hear.

Believe me, I want to get this, I just seen some people on other forums say it annoyed them. Glad to see it is not as common here. Really interested in picking one up.

Mista

24/7/18
I own a lmpo 1948. And the ume/indices looking too yellow for me. I hope the diver 300 2018 v2 from vsf does not look yellow, but in the qc picture it looks like yellow..

https://imgur.com/a/kBZKtrl

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Unfortunately the vsf has a green tint in full daylight unlike the gen which is crisp white in bright conditions. It’s the only thing bothering me about mine as the rest of the watch is very well executed!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.

Mine has a green tint in full light whereas the gen is crisp white and does spoil the watch from being a super rep in my opinion.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Well now a few users showed up to speak about it. Glad I wasn't the only one who heard of the yellow tint.

Mine has a green tint in full light whereas the gen is crisp white and does spoil the watch from being a super rep in my opinion.

Can you possibly show pictures?

Reactions: mattymarske

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Hello fellow SM lovers. Please help me out.

I’ve read the first ten pages of posts and the last ten pages. Couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Did any of you open up the watch? I got it from Sead a while ago and wanted to test for water resistance. For that, one needs to remove the mechanism in case there is a water ingress (happened to me often enough to be willing to spend time on removing the innards first - either work for five minutes first, or potentially several hours cleaning and servicing the movement). Anyway, I opened the back, but have no idea how to remove the stem.

This is reportedly a modified 2836. There is certainly no little hole for stem removal where the the ETA’s have them. The top plate looks to be glued onto the base plate - most of the screws are not actual screws but just little buttons glued onto the “winding bridge”. The “screw/crown” holding winding rotor in place is also glued on. Do I need to remove the fake top plate first? Hmm..

Any help would be appreciated.

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
Did anybody else have a problem with the winding stem being REALLY difficult to put back in place? I bought 2, and one of them works as all my other reps do, but the other seems to have a really stiff stem operation. Pushing it back into place, the spring under the crown starts to compress before it gets out of time setting, and it won't get out of date change setting until I begin winding it back in place causing the date to begin to change half a day. Once it pops into place, there's no binding and I can wind normally, it just seems pulling the stem out and setting it back in requires a lot of force. Do you think this can be fixed easily?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
TAOIgUu2e9a4552ee983747.jpg

Here is a clear example of the yellow index issue. Gens do not look remotely like this.

As far as how widespread this issue is on VSF models, that's the question, but this problem does exist fairly often enough.