• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

cyblade

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/4/18
Sorry, i don't know about micro adjust, but font difference is under the sunlight.

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
My insert/scallop is misaligned a little bit too.
IMO it isn't so big deal if misalignment isn't too blatant.

BEZEL-SCALLOP-01.jpg

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
They are ALWAYS a bit off. Trust me. You’ll NEVER get a perfect aligned one. This exemplar is very very good. I would accept it.

Btw if the insert alignment really bothers you you can fix it easily by yourself. Heat it up with a hairdryer, lever it up with a razorblade (gap between bezel and insert is big enough). Push it back in with better alignment. Done. 10 mins job.

From what I've seen on people's QC pics posted, you're right, but some are definitely better than others. I'm still waiting on PT to get back to me about correcting the misalignment, I'd rather someone with some experience fix it than try myself and not get it right or break the insert. If it's as easy as you say, I'd imagine PT would be willing to correct it?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
My insert/scallop is misaligned a little bit too.
IMO it isn't so big deal if misalignment isn't too blatant.

BEZEL-SCALLOP-01.jpg

I'll try to be gentle....
you mention your scallop being off a bit and then post that image with V1 & V2 & key differences. Is there a question here or are you trying to be helpful to someone that doesn't know? In either case this is a bizarre post to me.

The pic and the "key differences" are either a) misleading or b) just straight up wrong.

The pic on the left is of the new 2018 omega smp 300. The one on the right is of the older style seamaster that was sold through 2017 and into roughly aug 2018 or when ever they ran out. The "key differences" look to me to be what Omega is saying is different with their "New" watch.

Now the really confusing part is you have the watch on the left labeled as V2 & the one on the right as V1. If you are either asking about or making a statement about the differences between VSF V1 & VSF V2 then this watch on the right is a completely different watch which has many threads if it's own. If you are trying to point out the differences between VSF V1 & V2 then the list is incorrect.

Reactions: Pietros and Kayjay

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
you mention your scallop being off a bit and then post that image with V1 & V2 & key differences. Is there a question here or are you trying to be helpful to someone that doesn't know? In either case this is a bizarre post to me.

The pic and the "key differences" are either a) misleading or b) just straight up wrong.

The pic on the left is of the new 2018 omega smp 300. The one on the right is of the older style seamaster that was sold through 2017 and into roughly aug 2018 or when ever they ran out. The "key differences" look to me to be what Omega is saying is different with their "New" watch.

Now the really confusing part is you have the watch on the left labeled as V2 & the one on the right as V1. If you are either asking about or making a statement about the differences between VSF V1 & VSF V2 then this watch on the right is a completely different watch which has many threads if it's own. If you are trying to point out the differences between VSF V1 & V2 then the list is incorrect.

I love you too!
On the picture in my previous post (left side) is shown the perfect centering of GEN insert and ... nothing more!!!
I've no time to crop the picture and just posted the image as is it and everyone who see the red arrows on the left side of the picture will understand what I'm meaning.
But you,my love,are talking about some comparisons and some other things which I'm not understanding.
I've posted in this thread a couple good looking images with only idea to help someone and I don't remember you are saying something positive about them,but now you say ...."I'll try to be gentle"
Stay healthy and do not bother more with me!

Last edited:

ffuhcu

14/7/16

As I take it this image shows a few things:

* The original image shows the upgrades the gen received in 2018

* The edited image (the red bits) shows a couple of interesting things for rep buyers:

1) The correct alignment of the bezel insert within the scallop (mine is a tiny bit off, but I wouldn't reject QC for that if the watch was fine otherwise as it seems a simple fix if it bothers me)

2) The difference between a VSF "V1" bracelet (actually leftover stock from the pre-2018 reps) and a "V2" bracelet (the same as a gen 2018-on)

So for me, I think it's a helpful image.

Last edited:

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Hi boys,

My hands are itching to get one of these, but I am wondering if the watch needs to be touched up by a mod to take it to the next level? or it's awesome straight out of the box

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Hi boys,

My hands are itching to get one of these, but I am wondering if the watch needs to be touched up by a mod to take it to the next level? or it's awesome straight out of the box

It’s awesome straight out of the box.

My love for this watch never fades. Gets the most wrist time by a long shot.

Reactions: MacGruber

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Awesome! I have just placed an order with jtimewatch ...Decided to give the new TD a try, as Andrew has been very mehhhhh for my last 2 orders...(the dude actually said to me.."don't be a nitpicker" when I pointed out the bezel alignment issue I had with a daytona..and it was the 1st qc pics)...

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Just received my Seamaster from Ryan, superb service, he really cares for his customers. Amazing piece, really nice job from VSF there, not much to complain about!

Quick shoutout to you guys, thanks for providing all that info and insights on the piece, which got me into buying it in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zkrollex