• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Repnoob19

Horology Curious
7/7/19
I'm not talking about bezel to dial alignment, I'm talking about the bezel insert alignment (which is what I said)

VYrEir.md.png

Oh apologies. Thanks for pointing that out

robbo123

Looking Around
17/7/10
Excellent video Mac.

I've had the exact watch in my basket at Puretime for a few months now. Your video has finally persuaded me to purchase tomorrow. Many thanks.

Reactions: MacGruber

MacGruber

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/19
Excellent video Mac.

I've had the exact watch in my basket at Puretime for a few months now. Your video has finally persuaded me to purchase tomorrow. Many thanks.

You won't regret it Robbo! I just stare at the dial and forget it can tell the time too. LOL

I just added a YT link as well if you had any issues viewing it on Sendvid.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I just got my Seamaster VSF Gray dial from Puretime. It's freggin gorgeous! In my enthusiasm for my shiny new toy, I made a video.

If you're in the mood here is my lame box opening video: http://sendvid.com/t4ow2e9m

Edit: Sendvid is super slow for some reason so I just put it up on YT: https://youtu.be/ZwIcB-zlROQ

Great video, my friend. I have the exact same watch on the bracelet and it gets wrist time at a minimum at least once a week. This should definitely sway some of those on the fence about pulling the trigger. Great contribution to this thread.

Matmah

30/3/16
Has anyone recently tested the waterproofing?

I have just searched this thread and it seems that only one person has mentioned a waterproof test. I am thinking of buying one of these and it would be nice to be able to swim with it.

MacGruber

19/3/19
Great video, my friend. I have the exact same watch on the bracelet and it gets wrist time at a minimum at least once a week. This should definitely sway some of those on the fence about pulling the trigger. Great contribution to this thread.

Thanks fatarms! I don't think this watch will be coming off my wrist for a couple of months. Or at least until the honeymoon is over. I will probably put it on the steel bracelet I got with it in a few weeks to see how that feels. Most of my daily wear watches I tend to put a NATO on them pretty quick, but I have a feeling I won't be doing that with the Seamaster.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS

I have just searched this thread and it seems that only one person has mentioned a waterproof test. I am thinking of buying one of these and it would be nice to be able to swim with it.

Ppl have taken them for shallow swimming out of the box described earlier in this thread. They all seem to fail at 2 spots between 2-3 atm based on the 2 I have. But after dissection and regreasing of the rings and seals plus sealing off of the He valve area, they can pass 4atm, which is plenty for most water purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacGruber

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden

I wouldnt go swimming with my gen, let alone my rep! Not worth it. Get a beaterwatch instead! Even Gens dont like the water. No watch likes water.

Reactions: leo6929

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Ppl have taken them for shallow swimming out of the box described earlier in this thread. They all seem to fail at 2 spots between 2-3 atm based on the 2 I have. But after dissection and regreasing of the rings and seals plus sealing off of the He valve area, they can pass 4atm, which is plenty for most water purposes.
purposes.

Well, I tested mine and it passed without any greasing which is obviously recommended, though it was only for 10 ATM. I do think it is true that it can leak on lower ranges as you are saying, can anyone confirm this?

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Well, I tested mine and it passed without any greasing which is obviously recommended, though it was only for 10 ATM. I do think it is true that it can leak on lower ranges as you are saying, can anyone confirm this?

Water pressure testing with bubbles for clarification, not air testing.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

I tested mine straight out of the box passed @ 2, 5 & 10 atm. I would swim with mine & not not worry about it one bit. I wouldn't swim with it without testing it though.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Having owned this V2 watch in grey for a few months now, and having spent some time handling the original each time I hit the airport, two areas that are very obvious but dont seem to be mentioned are the fit and finish of the clasp and also the additional weight the replica has.

Each time I take the watch off, I feel the sharp edges of the deployant clasp when removing from the wrist.

I wondered if the original was the same, and it is not, its nice and smooth. So although they look identical to the eye, when touched they are clearly different. I have read of members over teh years claiming to have "softened there metal brancelets" but never found an article on how to do it.

So, I thought, let's just buy an original clasp :) But... will it fit? that was the gamble, but I can confirm it was a straight swap.

A very worthy $113 from the local OMEGA boutique well spent!

Part number for reference

xlfeio.jpg

Still with sticky label on it.

qnqkas.jpg

Rear shot

2dhdz4i.jpg

Comparison One (rep on left)

dvk520.jpg

Comparison Two

fvtr8.jpg

The only obvious thing now id like to fix is the dodgy slanted marker at nine on the dial, and the lume colour which is a little yellow when directly compared to the original. Other then that, for the money, it is a very good rep.

Hope this proves useful to know for some.

Oh, if anyone wants the v2 clasp, let me know by PM and I will list it for sale.

Last edited:

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Having owned this V2 watch in grey for a few months now, and having spent some time handling the original each time I hit the airport, two areas that are very obvious but dont seem to be mentioned are the fit and finish of the clasp and also the additional weight the replica has.

Each time I take the watch off, I feel the sharp edges of the deployant clasp when removing from the wrist.

I wondered if the original was the same, and it is not, its nice and smooth. So although they look identical to the eye, when touched they are clearly different. I have read of members over teh years claiming to have "softened there metal brancelets" but never found an article on how to do it.

So, I thought, let's just buy an original clasp :) But... will it fit? that was the gamble, but I can confirm it was a straight swap.

A very worthy $113 from the local OMEGA boutique well spent!

Part number for reference

xlfeio.jpg

Still with sticky label on it.

qnqkas.jpg

Rear shot

2dhdz4i.jpg

Comparison One (rep on left)

dvk520.jpg

Comparison Two

fvtr8.jpg

The only obvious thing now id like to fix is the dodgy slanted marker at nine on the dial, and the lume colour which is a little yellow when directly compared to the original. Other then that, for the money, it is a very good rep.

Hope this proves useful to know for some.

Oh, if anyone wants the v2 clasp, let me know by PM and I will list it for sale.

Do you know if you can buy the gen clasp online? I don't have an Omega location near me. This looks like it but it's way more expensive than what you paid.

Last edited:

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Do you know if you can buy the gen clasp online? I don't have an Omega location near me. This looks like it but it's way more expensive than what you paid.

I ordered this via email to the Omega boutique as they are one of the few places who keeps it in stock. They said they had a few and held this till I arrived to the USA.

There is a guy in UK who sells Omega spares (google search found him) and said he could order it, but it was about £35-45 pound more, hence I waited till I was travelling. I was suprised at the price, and even got them to double check it against the seamaster watch strap instore.

And for those conspiracy theorist and keyboard warriors, I have the reciept to prove it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tcc13c

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
I ordered this via email to the Omega boutique as they are one of the few places who keeps it in stock. They said they had a few and held this till I arrived to the USA.

There is a guy in UK who sells Omega spares (google search found him) and said he could order it, but it was about £35-45 pound more, hence I waited till I was travelling. I was suprised at the price, and even got them to double check it against the seamaster watch strap instore.

And for those conspiracy theorist and keyboard warriors, I have the reciept to prove it :)

Great idea. I just called a boutique in a large city I'm traveling to next week and I'm going to buy it from them. They said it costs $107 pre-tax.

Reactions: THXuk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
In my city I have trouble buying stuff without a serial number from a watch. I'm guessing this didn't happen to you?