• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Most I have seen have date wheel slightly left. How much to the left can differ though.

Overall I wouldn’t be happy with those, definitely not the black one.

Part of why I have a v1 bracelet...it came with the best qc pics I’ve ever seen with this watch.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Most I have seen have date wheel slightly left. How much to the left can differ though.

Overall I wouldn’t be happy with those, definitely not the black one.

Part of why I have a v1 bracelet...it came with the best qc pics I’ve ever seen with this watch.

V1. But perfect in my eyes
1dba57ccc1a9a3dfa90a99125df86792.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
Beautiful! I'm really looking forward to getting mine, I ordered the black rubber as well, so I'll have the ability to wear either with the bracelet, or with the matching rubber. The grey dial is such a stunner on the bracelet!

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

jonrock

Supporter
Certified
4/3/16
Nit picking the date wheel position is kinda funny once you see the '11' on the date wheel

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
Nit picking the date wheel position is kinda funny once you see the '11' on the date wheel

11 comes around tomorrow. Now I’m anxious to see it.
Yeah I’m suggesting to not get too picky on date wheel, chances are the next one will also be a little left.

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
I've been reading and posting on this thread multiple times since the beginning of it, done my research, bought one of these and enjoying it like crazy, however there is something i didn't find answer to:

what are the tells of this watch, if there are any?

I'm not talking about bad watches with not centered datewheels, rotated dials or misaligned inserts (which can be fixed) but actual particulars that the factory did not get right in EVERY v2 model.
as a comparison example, the NOOB submariners not getting the correct white engravings in the insert or ARF's wrong curvature on the sel and case shape.

Only differences i noticed are the bezel turning kinda cheap feel, the decorated clone movement and the slightly noisy rotor, however i couldn't find anything which could be spotted while the watch is on the wrist just by looking at it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

What I could see just from my initial inspection on the black dial watch, the Bezel insert is not lined up with the bezel, the Bezel is not lined up with the watch, the date wheel is too misaligned, the white inlay in the bezel insert has defects everywhere which is the real deal breaker.

On the blue dial, the 9 and 3 indices are not spaced the same from the end of the dial, one at 12 is misaligned, and there is glue protruding from the underside of the 7 which is the real deal breaker to me. The bezel isn't lined up, but that could be because it's just turned a bit, may not be a "defect" but it's irrelevant with all of the dial problems.

I actually just noticed that the spacing between the two 12 o'clock indices looks different on both, the black dial has them too close, right?

So, the question is, of these problems, do any of you think they are "acceptable" (not the watch as a whole), in other words, if the watches had just one of these defects, would you let it slide? I'm curious to know your thoughts.

This is just one guys opinion so take it for what it is worth... I think you are being too picky. In my opinion just about everything you mention is not going to be visible on the wrist.

Black Dial:
You: Bezel insert is not lined up with the bezel
Me: The 3, 6, & 9 are almost 100% dead on. It does look like the 12 is off a bit, but it could easily just be the picture. Even if it is off, it is only off by a very small amount and by itself is certainly not worth rejecting.
You: Bezel is not lined up with the watch
Me: I agree. This one I do think is worth rejecting for a lot of folks. If that was the only thing I might accept and fix it or just live with it. It is an easy fix.
You: the date wheel is too misaligned
Me: It is slightly off. I might ask to see some other dates, but honestly it is not all that bad at all. I would not reject for this alone.
You: the white inlay in the bezel insert has defects everywhere which is the real deal breaker.
Me: I think it is very likely that what you are seeing is a plastic protective bit that is on there. I really don't that what you are seeing is anything at all. You could ask about this, but I am not rejecting without further info.

Blue Dial:
You: 9 and 3 indices are not spaced the same from the end of the dial
Me: You are right, but there is no way you are going to see this on the wrist. You are looking at pictures that are at least 5x bigger than in real life. No way I reject for this.
You: one at 12 is misaligned
Me: We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think you are just wrong here and even if you were right it is such a minuscule flaw that no one including you is going to see it on the wrist.
You: there is glue protruding from the underside of the 7
Me: Again this is something that I really don't think you are going to see, but you are right and it shouldn't be there. I probably would have missed this, but if I saw it I would reject for this.

Reactions: zkrollex

yosemite1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
Only differences i noticed are the bezel turning kinda cheap feel....

I really like this watch and even a couple of gen Omega owners didn't spot it as a fake/rep. However I agree with you on the bezel. It's very clunky and hard to turn, no smooth action...it just doesn't fit the overall very nice rep.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
....... I agree with you on the bezel. It's very clunky and hard to turn, no smooth action...it just doesn't fit the overall very nice rep.

Have you tried the bezel action on a gen? It is for shit too. If you need better bezel action go for a bezel with a coin edged bezel like Planet Ocean. I really like my 2018 smp and the looks are off the charts, but the bezel with scallops is always going to be a little more difficult to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Cyber1050

14/12/17
Is it possible that my package was taken by customs? It’s been exactly 1 month since Lucy provided me a FedEx tracking # and there is not even a single activity ever since. I’m going to lose my mind.

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Below on the Pic my eleven is visible left,but that don't make me less happy.Today i was abroad and visit my REP Dealers.I know them for 15 years and i showed my SMP.Nobody said to me "It's not a GEN"!!! :)

20190711-184808.jpg

Last edited:

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
I stared and compared thru the window at my wrist and the plastic wrapped gen in the Omega boutique on Kalakaua in Waikiki yesterday. Down to the strap I couldn’t tell much if any difference. LOL poor marker alignment at 3 on gen!

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I stared and compared thru the window at my wrist and the plastic wrapped gen in the Omega boutique on Kalakaua in Waikiki yesterday. Down to the strap I couldn’t tell much if any difference. LOL poor marker alignment at 3 on gen!
Right? Gens aren't perfect either!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagunax

MacGruber

19/3/19
So this is the second watch I have gotten QC pics on. Everything looks decent from what my inexperienced eyes can tell. My only hesitation is the watch is running 14 seconds slow. This seems to be pretty off. What do you guys think?

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
So this is the second watch I have gotten QC pics on. Everything looks decent from what my inexperienced eyes can tell. My only hesitation is the watch is running 14 seconds slow. This seems to be pretty off. What do you guys think?

Some of the TD's use in house or their watchsmiths for minor repairs and fixes. You could inquire to see if they could regulate it, but +/- 15 sec is normal specs. There are watchsmiths on this forum as well that you could mail off to regulate, waterproof, straighten markers, etc.

Sometimes the chronograph doesn't match what you get in hand either.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacGruber

Stoozak

6/2/15
I've got some spares available in the sales section. V2 case including bezel for those that want to upgrade their V1