• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Two tones are out on Trusty.. but from OMF :(

Last edited:

PennyForTheGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/19
Southern California, USA
Something off topic...

VTyBse.jpg

VT117G.jpg

Fuuuuuuuck, I thought the Grey/Blue looked clean. That should pretty much end the "can you wear a diver with a suit" debate.

Reactions: zkrollex

stephen88

Looking Around
21/6/19
stephen88 you must be fu*king kidding me. The bezel doesnt sound like gen?! You got a perfect rep for 1/10 price of the gen and you are complaining about the bezel click xD this rep is just GLORIOUS! and I don't give a damn bout the bezel click. Love this watch

just want to make sure, is it only my watch or all vsf like this..? maybe we could do some mod like replacing the bezel spring with the genuine one to make it even better..

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
just want to make sure, is it only my watch or all vsf like this..? maybe we could do some mod like replacing the bezel spring with the genuine one to make it even better..

Seriously dude.....
Every rep has issues if you look hard enough. Even if you did know that this was a difference, it would not be an issue that would be worth worrying about.

Mgrolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/19
UK
The OMF two tone looks good in black and yellow gold but the blue is way off gen colour

dorian1985

Known Member
24/11/17
Basically this entire thread is about the watch you reference. It is the most recent version in Black. There are other variations, ie blue, gray etc & every so often the other maker gets mentioned or some future possibility.

Thank you for confirmation.

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Just received my blue dial v2, beautiful watch. The bracelet screws seem super tight though, not had an issue on previous reps. Any suggestions / similar experience with this particular bracelet?

Current plan I think would be to take it off and soak it in WD40. Stinky stuff though.

Last edited:

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Just received my blue dial v2, beautiful watch. The bracelet screws seem super tight though, not had an issue on previous reps. Any suggestions / similar experience with this particular bracelet?

Current plan I think would be to take it off and soak it in WD40. Stinky stuff though.

Hold the watch head in your hand to protect it from heat and use a hairdryer on the bracelet to help release the screws. Also make sure your screwdriver is a precise fit.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: ffuhcu and zkrollex

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
I've been watching this threat for a while now, waiting to pull the trigger on one of these beauties, and I sold off 8 of my old reps that were not worn much to justify buying this. I was originally going to buy the grey dial on a bracelet and add the blue rubber, then I was leaning towards black. I couldn't make up my mind, so... I bought both! Placed the order with PureTime yesterday, hopefully I don't like one so I can sell it, but I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with both. I'll update once I get some QC pics if I see any issues with them, hopefully the issues of the old bracelets and misaligned dials and bezels are over, but we shall see.

Thank you everyone here for all your input in helping the rest of us decide and know what to look for in the QC pics, as always this community is incredible!

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Hold the watch head in your hand to protect it from heat and use a hairdryer on the bracelet to help release the screws. Also make sure your screwdriver is a precise fit.

Thanks a lot. A combination of hairdryer and remembering I had a decent set of Wera precision screwdrivers as well as the cheap watch repair kit got them out.

Reactions: tkingjr and Pietros

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I had a black one arrive yesterday. I’m very impressed. Also had trouble with screws on bracelet, when I haven’t on others. The cheap watch kit screwdrivers didn’t help. Time to buy good ones.
I found I only needed to remove one screw for each link and then could give the bracelet a few taps to get the pin out enough to grab it and pull it out the rest of the way. Previous watches needed a pin pusher to get them out, but the screws were also easy.
Waiting for a sunny day to do some wrist shots.

Reactions: ffuhcu

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
leo6929 I agree with your OMF comment so I will wait to see if you buy one first. :cool:

Didn't really make any comments. But I've had my share of JHF and OMF Omegas and they can't hold a candle to current VSF models. Will always wait out for the latter.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Didn't really make any comments. But I've had my share of JHF and OMF Omegas and they can't hold a candle to current VSF models. Will always wait out for the latter.

Just saying OMF I understood the meaning. When I compare my GF watches to against my two OMF's it is no contest. I could be worse .. they could be from ANF. I only bought the OMF's because GF would not make a 46mm Breitling SOH Chrono.

Reactions: leo6929

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I...... I couldn't make up my mind, so... I bought both! Placed the order with PureTime yesterday, hopefully I don't like one so I can sell it, but I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with both......!/QUOTE]

You will like them a lot & I have a feeling that you will keep both at least for a while. I have owned 40+ watches over the last 3 years including the 2 I got from you & this one is one of the best. Congrats!

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Baby take off your coat
Real slow
And take off your shoes
I'll take off your shoes
Baby take off your dress
Yes yes yes
------------------------------------
Some more Pics later...

00.jpg