• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

yagmot

Horology Curious
23/3/17
Tokyo
So long story short, my rotor stuck cause of a screw jumping around the case, took it to my watchmaker, he managed to put it back where it’s supposed to. He did state that many screws in the movement were loose, he did tighten them all and did pressure check to 10 ATM after repairs, all good now!

I get the feeling this is a common problem with clone movements. So many fake screws that are just there for decoration but not properly affixed. I had two fall out on my PAM512. I was lucky and caught them in time before they got tangled up in the balance wheel.

frediiii

3/7/15
Does this watch use a date wheel overlay or does it use the actual date wheel?
It's an actual datewheel. depending of the current movement position you should be able to realign the movement in the movement-holder ring and then realign the hands.

REPLACED

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/18
Will VSF be repping this?

omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21092442001001-l.png
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-omega-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21092442001001

When I asked one TD about it, (don't want to say which one, but you can be sure that one of the top TD) - confirmed that VSF is working on it :)

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
When I asked one TD about it, (don't want to say which one, but you can be sure that one of the top TD) - confirmed that VSF is working on it :)

I hope they get it right. Since the ceramic one is 43.5mm and not 42mm as the regular Seamasters. Let's see.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I hope they get it right. Since the ceramic one is 43.5mm and not 42mm as the regular Seamasters. Let's see.

You watch this one....
they will do it like they did the Aqua Terra GMT. 1st it will come out with the current case with dlc coating and all the TD's will act like they have everything right. A month or so will go by and a few people will start to realize something is wrong. Eventually they will redo everything and get it right.

That is my prediction

Last edited:

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
You watch this one....
they will do it like they did the Aqua Terra GMT. 1st it will come out with the current case with dlc coating and all the TD's will act like they have everything right. A month or so will go by and a few people will start to realize something is wrong. Eventually they will redo everything and get it right.

That is my prediction

True that. They cannot get it right on the 1st attempt, that is against the rep game rules.

Reactions: tkingjr

JMK

13/2/18
Hey guys... so I felt it’s time to straighten the dial and insert on my VSF SMP

Before I go prying... any suggestions? Is it glued in or just a snap? Thanks!!

e628e03ec5c69b8f56318916e8205caa.jpg

7edad382cb196e2ab5db575019f0efc8.jpg

Can’t unsee the crooked dial/insert
d9f3e306b70faf923353ce61bbec105a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: chentepilot

JMK

13/2/18
Ok... one more q...

Anyone know where the crown release is? I’m thinking it’s actually the screw... thoughts?

f5a2877321326fdc2f00bc54dc992a41.jpg

Reactions: Nashiey

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I have not removed the insert on this specific watch so I guess I don't know 100% for sure, but I have on several others. Usually the bezel insert is attached with very thin double sided tape. Go slow using a case knife. Be sure and put the bezel back on before you put the insert back on other wise it will just be messed up again. I wouldn't use any sort of permanent adhesive when reattaching the insert or you can never go back

JMK

13/2/18
I have not removed the insert on this specific watch so I guess I don't know 100% for sure, but I have on several others. Usually the bezel insert is attached with very thin double sided tape. Go slow using a case knife. Be sure and put the bezel back on before you put the insert back on other wise it will just be messed up again. I wouldn't use any sort of permanent adhesive when reattaching the insert or you can never go back

Thanks... it was glued. Some heat gun and slow pressure got it lose :)

Straighten insert - check

Now to rotate the movement. — :)

Reactions: leo6929 and Nashiey

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Anyone know how to find the Part Number for the Gen Black Rubber Strap for this one?

I called my local AD and he asked me for the SN or the Part Number and said there were just too many different watches and straps and without one or the other he would not be able to help me. To me that seems rather unhelpful when someone calls and wants to spend $300, but what ever.

A quick google search did not yield what I am looking for & I can't really give him the SN off my watch so any help would be appreciated.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Anyone know how to find the Part Number for the Gen Black Rubber Strap for this one?

I called my local AD and he asked me for the SN or the Part Number and said there were just too many different watches and straps and without one or the other he would not be able to help me. To me that seems rather unhelpful when someone calls and wants to spend $300, but what ever.

A quick google search did not yield what I am looking for & I can't really give him the SN off my watch so any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like an intern or a moron to me! He knows the watch model so he should be able to figure out what part number for the strap since the strap is not unique to only Omega watch owners.

Ask to talk to his manager or call another company!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Sounds like an intern or a moron to me! He knows the watch model so he should be able to figure out what part number for the strap.........

I know, right?

It doesn't seem all that difficult to me

JMK

13/2/18
Turns out the screw was decorative ... any suggestions on the crown release? There are 3 holes around stem area but I’m not seeing anything in them. Perhaps behind one of the darker screws?

2e7dae2bca4d5a5c35e1408e8cb19d41.jpg

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Turns out the screw was decorative ... any suggestions on the crown release? There are 3 holes around stem area but I’m not seeing anything in them. Perhaps behind one of the darker screws?

2e7dae2bca4d5a5c35e1408e8cb19d41.jpg

Would you not have to whip the rotor out and take the deco plate off first? The stem release might be hidden underneath all that shite.