• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

GENneral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/18
I agree.
I had a rotor come loose one time on a rep. Super easy fix. Don't wear the watch or even try to wind it up. What ever it is could easily cause damage if it gets into the wrong place.

Can you see anything loose?

I dont see anything loose. But sounds lile rotor hits the Glass back.
CAN I FIX IT MYSELF?

Please tell me what tools I need to open it?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I dont see anything loose. But sounds lile rotor hits the Glass back.
CAN I FIX IT MYSELF?

Please tell me what tools I need to open it?

Probably yes. The screw right in the center that holds the rotor is probably a little loose. If that is what it is, all you have to do is tighten it and you should be good to go.

If that is all it is, you can most certainly fix it yourself. If you are a tinkerer and you see yourself tinkering a bit every once in a while then it is worth buying the tools, otherwise you might be better off just letting someone else do it

Reactions: vcappp

stampsatit

15/3/16
I know it is a bit strange quoting yourself, but I just had to. I measured the VSF V2 case just like I said I would and just like I said this non sense of the case possibly being 41.5mm can be put to rest. I measure it exactly as 1.655 in as seen in the pic which is the same as 1.655 in * 25.4 mm/in = 42.0 mm

Please don't be the next guy to come into this thread and make your 1st post about how something basic like this is wrong. This thread has been going strong now for 9 months and quite a few of the people that are posting have a LOT of experience with both gens and reps and have really good eyes. At this point it is pretty well established that there is nothing obviously wrong with this rep. V2 has corrected the most obvious tells and just about the only thing left is the movement and even that is a tough tell unless you really know what to look for.

46943277324_de25f2911d_c.jpg

wow you really do.
Thank you very much

Less

30/9/18
DE
It is a little harder to tell from your pic, but if you go to PureTime and go to the latest OMF 2018 smp 300 is is more obvious. OMF appears to be using the old style bracelet which is wrong for this latest seamaster.

In short:
Confirmed

Can you tell me the differences (V1, V2, omf)? My eyes can't spot the details. :( Thank you!

GENneral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/18
Is Anyone here from Israel ?
I am looking for a watch Repair center...

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I just recieved my 300m seamaster. It's a beauty but I got real issues shortening the ss bracelet. The screws are extremely tight and wont open. I already tried several but I am afraid that I will break them if I put too much force on them. What can I do to untighten the screws? I dont want to mess up the bracelet.
Thank you very much.

Howitzer

19/7/17
UK
I paid back in Feb and still waiting. I knew going in that it would take a long time though.

Over two months wait is way too long. It took about a week for Sead to send QC for my black V2, which I rejected due to a badly sunken pearl (plus the 12 markers were a little wonky, although would have been OK but for the pearl). The reorder QC pics arrived four days later over this weekend and it’s a beaut. Will of course post pics when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and Pyknic

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I just recieved my 300m seamaster. It's a beauty but I got real issues shortening the ss bracelet. The screws are extremely tight and wont open. I already tried several but I am afraid that I will break them if I put too much force on them. What can I do to untighten the screws? I dont want to mess up the bracelet.
Thank you very much.

Unless you have the right screwdriver you are going to have real trouble. You need a 1.8mm screwdriver and it needs to be in good condition. A loop will help too. You know what they say about having the right tool for a job. It holds true here as much as any job

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
Unless you have the right screwdriver you are going to have real trouble. You need a 1.8mm screwdriver and it needs to be in good condition. A loop will help too. You know what they say about having the right tool for a job. It holds true here as much as any job

Do you think this one will do?

https://www.amazon.de/Wiha-Feinschr...reher+schlitz&qid=1556029418&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It is 1,8mm. I already browsed the web and it is really hard to get exactly 1,8mm. Most have 1,5 and 2mm. Do you think a 2mm will do as well?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Do you think this one will do?

https://www.amazon.de/Wiha-Feinschr...reher+schlitz&qid=1556029418&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It is 1,8mm. I already browsed the web and it is really hard to get exactly 1,8mm. Most have 1,5 and 2mm. Do you think a 2mm will do as well?

Yes, I'm sure you can make that one work, but I would still advise getting a loop & that little wire thingy that goes around your head so you can see what is going on.

1.5mm will slip because it is too small & 2mm won't fit all the way in so it will bungle up the job too.

Devious21

Horology Curious
27/1/19
Over two months wait is way too long. It took about a week for Sead to send QC for my black V2, which I rejected due to a badly sunken pearl (plus the 12 markers were a little wonky, although would have been OK but for the pearl). The reorder QC pics arrived four days later over this weekend and it’s a beaut. Will of course post pics when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it took quite a while but I told her I'm more interested in getting the best sample than getting it quickly and stressed that numerous times. So it's possible others have gotten theirs before me. But I've been in communication with her. I went with her because I wasn't in a hurry and wanted a really good watch and I had heard that's what she specializes in.

I got QC pics finally last week and had a small concern about one of the photos so I asked for one additional pic of the pearl. I am waiting (again) for that, so I can approve.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK