• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

specigold

Horology Curious
10/4/19
No worries mate. I have messed up about 50 times over the last few years. I keep buying different watches and they never seem to be quite right so I just keep buying more.... lol

haha, yeah i guess thats the way its going to be for me to, sadly. Next watch i will check everything up 10 times and maybe bump a forum post haha.

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
That’s a link to a Pepsi. But even if it was listed I’d be sceptical, guaranteed it’s a typo.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
For those of you that are new and looking at this thread, you are super lucky! This is one of the nicest reps ever and it just got so much better with the new bracelet and the other fixes for V2. No one wants or needs 904 & if Toro says they have this watch with 904 someone there is high. This watch is not and will not likely ever be made in 904 SS for lots of reasons including the fact that the O Factory does not use 904 for this one.

I finally got mine sized correctly and I am SUPER happy. This is one rep that will get some wrist time!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
so i've seen a lot of posts about this being a super rep and nwbig, to which i agree (mine is coming and will post pics as soon as on wrist :cool:)
anyone of you guys know what's the process for this model to go through the approval procedure by the experts?

Why would it matter so very much to you, if an "expert" would say, that this watch is a super rep? Would you feel better wearing it?

I don't give 2 shits if it's in the list, it's currently one of THE best made reps out there!
​​​
​​

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyknic and Pietros

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Sorry yes wrong watch! My bad. I thought it was too good to be true!

Too good to be true? You can be more than glad that it isn't! 904L is exclusive to Rolex,so..
On the other hand - what's this obsession with the 904L? It's just a tiny bit more corrosion resistant, that's it. It's not like this is your only watch for the next 60 years...
​​​And it looks exactly like 316L too.
​​​​

Reactions: vcappp

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Here is a photo of the VSF vs OMF. I think the bracelet is wrong. I would like confirmation.

It is a little harder to tell from your pic, but if you go to PureTime and go to the latest OMF 2018 smp 300 is is more obvious. OMF appears to be using the old style bracelet which is wrong for this latest seamaster.

In short:
Confirmed

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
A few pages back there was a question or two about waterproof testing. I had time today so I tested mine. My compressor only goes to 150psi which is about 10 atm or about 100m which is plenty good enough to be confident to do anything I would ever do with a watch on.

Disclaimer:
Just because mine is good to go, doesn't mean yours will be too. I think it is unlikely that you get a leaky one, but it is certainly possible so get it tested before swimming with it or take your chances.

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

Jakknel1988

Looking Around
15/1/11
doesn't VSF dial's logo looks a bit smaller compared to gen?

also the dial's wave pattern need to be engraved more IMO.

it is not precisely 1:1clone i would say.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
doesn't VSF dial's logo looks a bit smaller compared to gen?

also the dial's wave pattern need to be engraved more IMO.

it is not precisely 1:1clone i would say.

I have the gen black and a VSF in gray and I can tell you that the logo and dial engravings are absolutely bang on-the VSF case size is 41.5mm and the gen is 42mm but side by side, it's almost impossible to see the size difference.

stampsatit

15/3/16
I have the gen black and a VSF in gray and I can tell you that the logo and dial engravings are absolutely bang on-the VSF case size is 41.5mm and the gen is 42mm but side by side, it's almost impossible to see the size difference.

Is that true VSF 41.5 mm? I see PT say in website. it is 42 mm.

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
It doesnt matter if it's 41,5 or 42 mm. I am sure it is a super rep. There are lots of users saying that it is good as hell! Can't wait till mine seamaster arrives :)

Beemer913

9/10/17
For anyone who has ordered it with the rubber strap, does it have the notch to hold the excess strap in place like gen? I’m looking to order the strap only

Reactions: vcappp and Pyknic