• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Vince Ong

Horology Curious
11/4/19
I just came back from a Caribbean cruise with mine, I took it in pools, hot tubs and snorkelling in the ocean without an issue. Puretime water tests although they don’t guarantee it so I usually use an independent but didn’t have a chance this time before I left so took a chance.

The movement is is a powerhouse, absolutely no need to service immediately and mine is running +1.8seconds.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like puretime did a great job water testing it, I'm most likely ordering mine from intime, not sure about them haha

+1.8 seconds is very accurate!

Reactions: sense

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi everyone,........ But there are some reservations still regarding the movement and water resistance.

For those that got it, how is the 2824 clone holding up? Is it keeping good time? Do I need to get it serviced by a local watchsmith upon receiving it? .......

Also about the water resistance of it, .......

Movement:
It is actually A2836 not A2824. The 2 movements are basically the same except the 2836 adds the extra complication of the date. In any case the rep makers have gotten much better at building these things than they were 5 or 10 yrs ago. 10 yrs ago the advice to get your rep serviced right away was most likely pretty decent advice. Today: I just don't think it is sound advice any more. Wait until something happens. It'll probably last and if it doesn't then do something about it. Mine is running -2 or 3sec/day which is simply amazing.

As far as water testing:
I will test mine and report the result, but I would confidently lay 20:1 that it will be fine. Divers from the better rep makers have been MUCH better in this regard the last few years. I think the advice to get it tested is still good advice if you are doing anything more than washing your hands with it on, but odds are good that it will be fine.

Pyknic

24/10/17
Mine is a tad noisy. I’d prefer it a bit more quieter.
Apart from that... it’s running like a dream.

god damn that diesel is ugly! I want one.

Reactions: vcappp and Mr.JC

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Mine is a tad noisy. I’d prefer it a bit more quieter.
Apart from that... it’s running like a dream.

god damn that diesel is ugly! I want one.
VRWPqy.md.jpg

I agree! Its is a bit, just a tad noisy when the wheel rotates to wind the watch! But I’m comparing it to the Gen that is dead quite! :p
(Edit I take that back! I actually shook the Gen and it’s quieter but Rep is pretty similar!)

Hahaa! You can have it!

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Mine is not noisy at all. I guess you can hear it if you really try, but if you compare it to any miyota 9915 or any 7750, Asian or swiss this thing is very quiet. Comparing it to a gen ETA 7750 that I have I would say it only creates 20% of of the noise that my 7750 creates.

Reactions: vcappp

mattymarske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19

justwatch007

Looking Around
27/3/19
Hey all, so I just got some QC photos for my VSF V2 (already rejected one due to bezel being off). My chief concern is that the right marker at 12 o'clock seems to be higher up than the left. Does anyone agree? If so, noticeable enough to reject?

https://imgur.com/eBslHc7

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hey all, so I just got some QC photos for my VSF V2 (already rejected one due to bezel being off). My chief concern is that the right marker at 12 o'clock seems to be higher up than the left. Does anyone agree? If so, noticeable enough to reject?

https://imgur.com/eBslHc7

I have seen a few that were a little off here, but I think yours looks pretty close to right on. No way you are going to see that from a normal eye distance. I would accept it

Reactions: Pyknic

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
Can anyone with the rubber strap version tell me if it uses curved spring bars? I picked up one on a metal bracelet and bought the rubber strap separately, just wondering when I switch over if the same set of bars will suffice. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk