• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
For those that have received theirs, what's needed to resize the bracelet? Is it tiny screw drivers like gen? Is there loctite?

Yea, just a small screwdriver. It is always a good idea to use a little of the removable loctite after you figure out the right # of links to remove.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
I think my Tuna is my favorite watch at the moment too. Here is mine at the beach in FL last week. The Tuna is one heck of a watch. It is considerably more expensive than the 2018 smp rep as I guess most nice watches are. For $1000 I don't think you can find anything that is built any better than the Tuna and this 2018 smp is 1/3 the cost and holds up really well to the Tuna quality wise. The AR on the crystal is outstanding and the Dial is just mesmorizing. I wore my new 2018 smp rep today all day and frequently caught myself glancing at the time just to look at the beauty of the watch.

My Tuna says hi to your Tuna:

Jesus Christ thats a big as watch!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Nanook65 Now that's where the Tuna belongs, on the beach and in the ocean :) Mine hasn't seen that just yet.. I hear what you say about the SMP, I look at it all the time..for no good reason, I simply love it :)
​​​​​​@Nashiey Seiko Tuna SBBN033 is not big at all, it has no lugs, so it wears like a 42mm watch.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
It's preying at you at night, trust me.. And I doubt there are many daddies big enough out there to sport this thing. It should be named Morbidly obese daddy. Or just Fat bastard :D

Reactions: Pyknic

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
It's preying at you at night, trust me.. And I doubt there are many daddies big enough out there to sport this thing. It should be named Morbidly obese daddy. Or just Fat bastard :D

Hahaa! I bet it is planing my demise! :(
Its just a horrible watch but I just had to buy it just because! Never worn it and would not want to be seen with it!

i have no idea how many mm but I’m pretty sure the thing has a gravitational pull and things orbiting it!

Reactions: Pyknic and leo6929

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
For those that have received theirs, what's needed to resize the bracelet? Is it tiny screw drivers like gen? Is there loctite?

I just did mine. You need a 1.8mm screwdriver. That is all you really need, but I would suggest a loop so you can see what you are doing. The slot in the screw is not very deep and if you slip it is really easy to mess up the head of the screw. Ask me how I know.....lol

I was actually successful the 1st time on this one, but I have messed them up before to the point that the screw was completely unusable.

I do think the factory applied a little loctite on these and I would suggest doing the same so the screws don't work their way out.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
My Seiko SKX009 says hello.
VcYobX.jpg
​​​​​​

Vince Ong

Horology Curious
11/4/19
Hi everyone, after reading most if not all 76 pages of replies on this thread, I'm pretty set on getting the V2 black. But there are some reservations still regarding the movement and water resistance.

For those that got it, how is the 2824 clone holding up? Is it keeping good time? Do I need to get it serviced by a local watchsmith upon receiving it? I've read about the hit-or-miss reliability of them, and I'm just wondering will it last another 2-3 years or so until I've saved up to get the gen haha

Also about the water resistance of it, have anyone here taken theirs for a dip? I'm not talking diving all, but the ability to wuthstawi a shower and a occasional swim will be really nice. Will it be able to do that? Thanks for reading and hope to get some replies soon haha

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
No idea on water resistance, I keep my reps away from water.

You have no worries with an A2824, these are the most reliable workhorses. Sure, you can get your watchsmith to clean it a little and maybe lube it a bit, but VSF watches are usually very well built.

Mine is running at less than +1s/d, the most accurate rep I've ever had. My watchsmith took the back off and said that it is the first rep he doesn't have to touch, it's clean and properly lubed. He's just lubed the O ring and that was that.

haha?

Reactions: Vince Ong

Vince Ong

Horology Curious
11/4/19
No idea on water resistance, I keep my reps away from water.

You have no worries with an A2824, these are the most reliable workhorses. Sure, you can get your watchsmith to clean it a little and maybe lube it a bit, but VSF watches are usually very well built.

Mine is running at less than +1s/d, the most accurate rep I've ever had. My watchsmith took the back off and said that it is the first rep he doesn't have to touch, it's clean and properly lubed. He's just lubed the O ring and that was that.

haha?

Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear the reliability of the movement. Maybe I should get a local watchsmith to pressure test it haha.

Are you singaporean by any chance?

Tokei_R

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/19
Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear the reliability of the movement. Maybe I should get a local watchsmith to pressure test it haha.

Are you singaporean by any chance?

Saying hi from Singapore! You know any watchsmith that can pressure test locally?

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
I just came back from a Caribbean cruise with mine, I took it in pools, hot tubs and snorkelling in the ocean without an issue. Puretime water tests although they don’t guarantee it so I usually use an independent but didn’t have a chance this time before I left so took a chance.

The movement is is a powerhouse, absolutely no need to service immediately and mine is running +1.8seconds.

Reactions: Pyknic