• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It is annoying that OMF just released this model too but OMF does not have the level of skills that VSF has.

kobe24
By the way, what is the reason that VSF does not use their super clone movement for this watch model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
It is annoying that OMF just released this model too but OMF does not have the level of skills that VSF has.

kobe24
By the way, what is the reason that VSF does not use their super clone movement for this watch model?

Yes. OMF is a 3rd tier maker, I have a couple of OMF's Breitling SOH's.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06

kobe24

The gen doesn't use the same movement as the clone. (No independent hours hand set / use regular quickset date) its caliber 8800, not 8500

Using the clone movement would be functionally wrong.

Last edited:

hare9lon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
SF Bay Area
I love the look too. I just ordered a rubber strap from the Ali express link someone posted in this thread. Will post pictures and a short review once it comes in. Looking forward to the VSF straps too , hopefully they can be ordered separately.
Scrolled through the thread and didn't find the link, is it a gen like strap or something more generic?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

kobe24

What kobe and Vric said^^^.

Got a link to OMF rep?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
It’s listed on TSWatch

Thanks.
It doesn't look too shabby. Actually, it is surprisingly good.
I used to lol on OMF reps as they couldn't match a correct clasp code nor any of their pearls was good, but as per TSWatch photos:
- clasp code is correct
- v1 pearl is not bad at all
- it has a red gasket on helium.

OMF v1 bracelet is wrong (same as v1 VSF was) but OMF probably deserves for the own thread.

Reactions: vcappp

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Patience is a virtue, as a TD, they are well respected and reliable!

QC's can take up to a week. Though as this watch is considerable new, I expect one to two days max. Careful to read the TD email as some TDs only offer buyers 24 hours to provide any comments before they assume you are ok and will ship. In my opinion, I would look for glaring mistakes that, you believe, will be noticeable when on wrist, i.e. misaligned hour markers, spelling, inconsistent patterns, any marks or scruffs on the finish. Anything you need to zoom in for is not worth declining. On occasion when I have received something which doesn't quite meet my expectation IRL (whether the dial printing went amiss that we didn't spot during QC and/or the movement had issues) I was fine to ship back and have it repaired or exchanged relatively promptly.

Delivery is tracked and usually takes 3-5 days to arrive in your country, from dispatch. In the UK you may suffer custom charges if Parcelforce is involved but these aren't material.

EXCELLENT response! Thank you so much! Im not picky at all. I realize that I'm buying a replica made in the hundreds and can't be as picky as a genuine watch.
So now waiting for the QC from Andrew. Exactly. Blowing pics up and being nitpicky isn't going to work.

Reactions: tkingjr

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
EXCELLENT response! Thank you so much! Im not picky at all. I realize that I'm buying a replica made in the hundreds and can't be as picky as a genuine watch.
So now waiting for the QC from Andrew. Exactly. Blowing pics up and being nitpicky isn't going to work.

FYI: Trusty (Andrew) isn't a TD here

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Has anyone sourced one of these with a rep of the Blue Rubber strap? I saw a gray dial with the blue rubber strap in a window at an Omega AD and fell in love. Just wondering if they're available and if anyone has pics.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My dealer charged me $55 to supply the blue rubber (its from a different factory)

No pics yet.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Oh really?! How come? He has been quick to respond and very helpful so far!

i think I saw him as an TD on RWG and read good things about him.

Don't worry, you're in good hands. He's a TD on RWG and provides an excellent service.

jonrock

Supporter
Certified
4/3/16
Honestly given the issues with misaligned markers I'm seeing for the Black Bay Bronze, I think VSF/XF recently hired either a drunk or a blind employee to assemble those...

Thank you. Not sure how I can be seen as too picky looking at these pics and other members comments on other reps I've seen about tiny differences.
Without this there wouldn't be 'super reps' !

J

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It's OK to be picky. You gave them good money,now they have to find you a good watch,simples..