• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Coops5087

Looking Around
16/2/19
Hey everyone. I am brand new so please don’t jump down my throat if this has already been covered. I am looking for this 2018 omega seamaster but with the rubber strap instead of metal bracelet. Can I find that anywhere? Also, where is the best site to get this seamaster? I am looking for the black version. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Hey everyone. I am brand new so please don’t jump down my throat if this has already been covered. I am looking for this 2018 omega seamaster but with the rubber strap instead of metal bracelet. Can I find that anywhere? Also, where is the best site to get this seamaster? I am looking for the black version. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

You need to check out the 'trusted dealers' section of this great site, do a bit of reading and make your choice.
I don't think a rep of the rubber strap exists yet but someone advised that VSF will have one available 'after the Chinese New Year' so I'd keep checking the 'new arrivals' section on the TD websites.

Reactions: phdsjain

JMK

13/2/18
The datewheel is not centered. Other numbers will be misaligned as well. The dial also might be misaligned and this is why the date window is not aligned with the datewheel. I had this happen on at least 2 of my reps so far. The misaligned date makes me insane, especially because I KNOW for a fact that good ones can be found..

This topic is one area of the hobby that blows my mind.... cheap (non-reps) don’t have this problem...

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m going to have to try to alter the DW or dial to get these things centered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Those links are actually with the old braceley; i can't find anyone already selling the updated (correct) bracelet..
I mailed Ryan a couple days ago but still has to answer

TDs rarely update their websites and many times have no idea of our discussions on this board. This is not Amazon.The new bracelet was introduced to the grey version just before CNY and it will be also available on other colors after the old stock sells out completely. Just breathe and be patient.

Reactions: Cloney and Elfriede

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
This topic is one area of the hobby that blows my mind.... cheap (non-reps) don’t have this problem...

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I’m going to have to try to alter the DW or dial to get these things centered.

You can't alter the DW. Sometimes you can move the dial a little bit.

peterpl

24/7/11
New Years pause is over... Just got my qcs. Waiting to see if the bezel is chipped above the pip and will accept. I’ve learned to live with off center dates on these reps.
8c44a4a082d854845c6cd2574ce3933c.jpg

That off centered date would annoy the heck out of me every time I looked at the dial. Surely your TD could get you one with a centered date? That is not much of an ask to be honest.

JMK

13/2/18
You can't alter the DW. Sometimes you can move the dial a little bit.

You can separate the paper wheel from the metal sprocket and recenter on Rolex models... I assume it would be the same on this DW.

JMK

13/2/18
That off centered date would annoy the heck out of me every time I looked at the dial. Surely your TD could get you one with a centered date? That is not much of an ask to be honest.

Hear you... I feel a little bad as this would be my 3rd reject. I had two from before CNY which had terrible bezel paint issues.

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Hear you... I feel a little bad as this would be my 3rd reject. I had two from before CNY which had terrible bezel paint issues.

date was good on the other ones or is it a recurring issues with this model?
btw, what td are you buying this one from?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
btw it's an ETA clone. My movement was defunct on arrival, so I quickly swapped it with a brand new swiss selitta sw200 :)
d5daccf2a4f271ce73f7b1f8d5ee6dba.jpg
232e20ff488d6999854e95a6b69a0855.jpg
1c5934a1f9608297118cdb7c6073d31a.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

Hi Frediii, I have never purchased a movement before. I want to try swapping the movement as you did. I saw your shopping list for the tools so I only need the hand removal tool. Would you be kind enough to tell me where you ordered the movement? I figure my risk level is low. If I fail I will send it off to Strodda to pick up the pieces.

Reactions: cdzsmith

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
V2 Bracelet is released but VSF won't sell the bracelet. To quote VSF "The new bracelet won't fit V1 version watch". I think this is just a ploy to force us crazed RWI members to buy a new watch. I even tried ordering a new V2 watch plus 2 extra bracelets. The response was "What part of no don't you understand ?" ( I am translating from Chinese to English.) Do I believe this ploy....No. So I ordered a V2 with a black dial. As soon as I receive my V2 watch I will see if the new bracelet fits my V1 watch.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
V2 Bracelet is released but VSF won't sell the bracelet. To quote VSF "The new bracelet won't fit V1 version watch". I think this is just a ploy to force us crazed RWI members to buy a new watch. I even tried ordering a new V2 watch plus 2 extra bracelets. The response was "What part of no don't you understand ?" ( I am translating from Chinese to English.) Do I believe this ploy....No. So I ordered a V2 with a black dial. As soon as I receive my V2 watch I will see if the new bracelet fits my V1 watch.

It probably does. I'm sure we'll be able to get the V2 bracelet once the initial hype dies down.

Reactions: tkingjr

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Maybe they should have just repped the correct bracelet in the first place...

At least they've also updated the pearl, dial and balance wheel, which makes the V2 a decent upgrade over V1

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Mine QC pictures, rly not satisfied

bde2000719e5e19956964e11156e70b1.jpg

d9ac0be793f3b8ec1fb94d1f68ac90f8.jpg

2d0953c176941ebed1d09b35ded73692.jpg

nice but a bit of glue near the pearl..
except from that what flaws do you see? From what i heard the off center datewheel is something to get used to it.

Can you please tell us which td is this?

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
Its not bad photo take, its bad replica, very bad luck, hope TD will change for new one, from PT ????????

frediiii

3/7/15
Hi Frediii, I have never purchased a movement before. I want to try swapping the movement as you did. I saw your shopping list for the tools so I only need the hand removal tool. Would you be kind enough to tell me where you ordered the movement? I figure my risk level is low. If I fail I will send it off to Strodda to pick up the pieces.
the movement came from ebay :)

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk