• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Nice rep but:

- wrong bracelet (they still have remaining stock of the old seamaster one that they have to sell before producing the new style one)
- decorated ETA instead of clone movement, pretty big tell as the balance wheel is golden instead of black like in the gen.

The rest is pretty much spot on.

Reactions: johnlogan

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Only bracelet currently produced by any factory is this one. Either you go gen or you wait until VSF updates it.

GENneral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/18
This is the pic from Omega site. The Bracelet looks pretty the same, can you tekl me the difference?
Omega Official

Miko8442

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/10/18
I have both the blue and the black one sir. If you like it go ahead and order it. Dont listen too much to other members here coz you'll end up never buying anything lol

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
The end link is not too bad but the bracelet is very different on the new watch.
The new bracelet is flatter in profile and thicker too. The centre section is wider now and the last link where it connects to the end link is permanent. And as stated it comes with an adjustable clasp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I have both the blue and the black one sir. If you like it go ahead and order it. Dont listen too much to other members here coz you'll end up never buying anything lol

I don't agree with your stance, the forum exists precisely to share knowledge among members so that they don't buy crap and overpay for it. While VSF is generally a good factory they f***ed up big time with the bracelet in this one, we are not talking about some microscopic flaw that no one would notice.

GENneral can of course go ahead and purchase it but he needs to understand what he's buying and that if a new version comes out soon (as we all know it will) it will be hard for him to re-sell his here at even a fraction of the price he paid for it. This is a lesson I learned the hard way: the rep game is all about waiting for the right release otherwise you'll just end up purchasing multiple versions of the same watch and burn through boatloads of cash.

There are several other Omega reps from VSF which are way better in terms of how close they are to gen (e.g. the Aqua Terra, or the most recent batch of the Seamaster Spectre) and he might want to choose one of the others while he waits for a better version of the Seamaster diver 300 to come out.

GENneral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/18
Thank you everyone. I think I will wait. As I understood Not so far left before they will release a new model with Updated parts.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I love mine and put it on a cheapie bracelet bought on ebay. Tried to look for a gen bracelet online but could not find it. Haven't tried the AD though. What do u guys think is a good option?
d48af4d93cbf10f29260083ff2f79a1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I was thinking of doing the same and buying the new bracelet when it comes out. But I have a couple other watches ahead of this that I will need to spend some time with, so likely will wait. Ultimately, you gotta do what makes you happy!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I don't agree with your stance, the forum exists precisely to share knowledge among members so that they don't buy crap and overpay for it. While VSF is generally a good factory they f***ed up big time with the bracelet in this one, we are not talking about some microscopic flaw that no one would notice.

GENneral can of course go ahead and purchase it but he needs to understand what he's buying and that if a new version comes out soon (as we all know it will) it will be hard for him to re-sell his here at even a fraction of the price he paid for it. This is a lesson I learned the hard way: the rep game is all about waiting for the right release otherwise you'll just end up purchasing multiple versions of the same watch and burn through boatloads of cash.

There are several other Omega reps from VSF which are way better in terms of how close they are to gen (e.g. the Aqua Terra, or the most recent batch of the Seamaster Spectre) and he might want to choose one of the others while he waits for a better version of the Seamaster diver 300 to come out.

exactly. excellent comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I love mine and put it on a cheapie bracelet bought on ebay. Tried to look for a gen bracelet online but could not find it. Haven't tried the AD though. What do u guys think is a good option?
d48af4d93cbf10f29260083ff2f79a1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i tried gen bracelet. the look is quite different than the one on the picture. it is just released , therefore no new bracelet on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benjinh0

24/10/17
The vs planet ocean is one of the best reps ive ever seen. I had the new vs seamaster which came on nato, as mentioned I couldn't live with the flaws on the movement so moved it on.
0bc2eb254b6477c786c29d5d30a711a9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

Miko8442

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/10/18

That is your perspective sir. But people have different perspectives. And do we have to force our personal perspectives to other people? That would mean people living their lives according to our perspectives and standards.

Let me further elaborate. Clearly General would like to purchase the watch so he ask for ‘expert opinion’ about it. Someone pointed out the ‘wrong bracelet’ which at first really does not bother him. The decorated movement, the golden balance wheel which is an instant tell... These are your considerations and standards in buying a watch and not everyone else. Some just wanna buy coz they like what they saw. Not to wear it and act like if it’s genuine.

So as what I’ve said earlier, Listen to others and you’ll end up not buying anying. And precisely that’s just what happened to the poor guy. Listen to what your heart wants, act on it(meaning ‘go buy it’) and you’ll never go wrong because what your heart yearns is the only thing that matters. But then again, I respect your opinion and I don’t intend for you to change your stance. :)

benjinh0

24/10/17
Some people dont have the knowledge, I know I didn't, I thought some watches were awesome when I started collecting, it turns out they were shit. If you can live with the flaws then thats up to you, and up to the op. But to bash people for highlighting the flaws is just plain ridiculous.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk