• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Wogi82

Known Member
13/12/17
Asia
Hi all,

recently gotten a 2nd VSF omega seamaster. Realize that the rotor is kinda loud, hearable even the watch is on my wrist even on a slight movement. Is it normal?

anyone here did any rotor silencing and how was it?

Thanks.

Yobagemo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/5/20
Willy Wonka's Factory
Ive been using mine over a year now, daily use everyday. Even went swimming in pools and the ocean with it. Crazy quality. Was about to get another one but jumped on here and read that VSF closed down, sadly.. Lets pray they get back on their feet again.

sandman01

Looking Around
1/10/17
Hi all,

recently gotten a 2nd VSF omega seamaster. Realize that the rotor is kinda loud, hearable even the watch is on my wrist even on a slight movement. Is it normal?

anyone here did any rotor silencing and how was it?

Thanks.

If it's too loud then the noise might come from the rotor grinding against the deco plates. That was at least the case with my vsf seamaster, I had to send it to a watchmaker as the tiny parts coming from the deco plates eventually blocked the movement. Now after servicing I can baerly hear any rotor noise at all.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
I have the blue vsf from hont stainless steel and noticed the date getting stuck on certain numbers... 1-9 seem fine... then the date will get stuck halfway when triggered to change the date on 10-23... hacking the date in position 2 works fine....

can someone please help me on what to do? I bought it for $400 like a month ago for Hont - he offered a 12 month movement warranty

Hont said to send it back to him for repair but he didnt tell how to ship.... just gave me an address in China...

I have purchased 3 super reps so far in the past year and all of them are poorly made
1. ZZF ver 3 Submariner with date - loses 30 seconds a day ($500 from intime) winding the watch seems rough
2. Clean Factory Black Daytona - some markers have bigger lume spots than others but otherwise a smooth movement that keeps perfect time with a AAA bracelet ($800 from Mirotime)
3. Omega Seamaster 300/blue stainless steel - date wheel is screwed up, bezel clicking sounds seem off, winding the watch seems rough, bracelet is terrible quality $400 fro Hont)

so my experience with rep AAA watches is that all the TD's don't check anything except the wire transfer... all these Chinese movements are terrible with rough winding

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
I have the blue vsf from hont stainless steel and noticed the date getting stuck on certain numbers... 1-9 seem fine... then the date will get stuck halfway when triggered to change the date on 10-23... hacking the date in position 2 works fine....

can someone please help me on what to do? I bought it for $400 like a month ago for Hont - he offered a 12 month movement warranty

Hont said to send it back to him for repair but he didnt tell how to ship.... just gave me an address in China...

I have purchased 3 super reps so far in the past year and all of them are poorly made
1. ZZF ver 3 Submariner with date - loses 30 seconds a day ($500 from intime) winding the watch seems rough
2. Clean Factory Black Daytona - some markers have bigger lume spots than others but otherwise a smooth movement that keeps perfect time with a AAA bracelet ($800 from Mirotime)
3. Omega Seamaster 300/blue stainless steel - date wheel is screwed up, bezel clicking sounds seem off, winding the watch seems rough, bracelet is terrible quality $400 fro Hont)

so my experience with rep AAA watches is that all the TD's don't check anything except the wire transfer... all these Chinese movements are terrible with rough winding

Just find a local watchmaker that's willing to work on reps, or one on the board here that's in your country (EU/US etc.). It's a bad idea to send reps back to the dealer. Shipping is mostly super expensive and you risk having it confiscated or lost once again because it needs to pass customs once more (and back). In my opinion, warranty by dealers are useless unless you really like gambling. It's based on the 2824 movement so it's not super hard to work on.

bibby1

Known Member
2/3/15
United states

What is a "AAA" quality watch? Is there some replica grading agency I don't know about....

Reactions: GDorantes13

Get2thechopper

Known Member
19/9/18
2c26a1ce3fa278f17b959c9724a935b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: APjumbo

Robsen

I’ve been replaced by a box.
Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Hi all have a black VSF. Love it but the bracelet is poor and feels cheap and sharp. Is the ORF factory noticeably better for the bracelet? Tempted to try and get an orf and swap bracelet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Yes, that is exactly what I did. Much better now. I made a post in the omega section about it with a bunch of pics.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Just received a VSF and it seems the movement received an update, the movement now has a "small screw" at the balance's regulator, similar to the ORF movement.

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
Just received a VSF and it seems the movement received an update, the movement now has a "small screw" at the balance's regulator, similar to the ORF movement.
Makes me wonder if it really is VSF.. Some TD's still say, they can't source VSF no more as they are closed. Now others say they can but is there any proof the watches sold as VSF are really VSF ?

Reactions: Gumbo28

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada

Make sure you didn't receive a JVS. They have a screw on the reg.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
ShiroTenshi

Here are some notes I keep, I’m sure others will chime in.

I think the pearl is another tell but can’t remember how or why.

-Omega name and logo engraved on movement should be gold coloured. If it’s silver and balance adjuster has a screw it’s JVS.

-Gold engraving and screw on adjuster is ORF

-JVS and HRF all use VSF case and bracelet so crap crown guards bracelet is not as good as ORF either.

Last edited:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
ShiroTenshi

Here are some notes I keep, I’m sure others will chime in.

Omega name and logo engraved on movement should be gold coloured. If it’s silver and balance adjuster has a screw it’s JVS.

Gold engraving and screw on adjuster is ORF

JVS and HRF all use VSF case and bracelet so crap crown guards bracelet is not as good as ORF either.

Interesting to hear from the others who received their VSF seamaster.
But shouldn't the Omega name and engraving in silver too on VSF? I'm looking at the pics here:

https://www.theonewatches.io/index....rch=seamaster+300+vsf&description=true&page=3

Also from Puretime:

https://puretimewatch.io/2018-seama...elet-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel-23272.html#

omg2019041804-15_1.jpg

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
Recently asked my fav TD if he can source the VSF SMP and he said no. Any recommendations where I could order one ?
I dont want to go with ORF Because of the dark red on the dial..