• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Except for the movement.. hahah

I stand by my statement that they are visually close enough that unless you really know what to look for you are not going to notice anything. Come on guys, lets be real here. I am not suggesting anyone do this, but I would guess if you showed the back of this one to sales guys @ AD's not one in 100 would even notice the difference. The one on the left is from the Omega website and the one on the right is my VSF V2

Reactions: leo6929

Linear

9/6/16
No idea, but I just took a pic of mine. It isn't that easy to photograph, but assuming you are referring to the number on the back of the lug @ 1 mine is 89236388

47840950061_118d986708_c.jpg

I scanned through a bunch of photos here, and they're all the same. My QC photos also had the same serial. Not a deal breaker but I'm pretty sure my other reps had random serials...

And I guess that's why they're offering the free warranty cards.. Easy to do when they're all the same number!

2018-seamaster-diver-300m-vsf-1-1-best-edition-blue-ceramic-gray-dial-on-blue-rubber-strap-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rabl253

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I scanned through a bunch of photos here, and they're all the same. My QC photos also had the same serial. Not a deal breaker but I'm pretty sure my other reps had random serials...

Yea, there are other reps that have random sn's and in my opinion that would have been a better idea. Maybe V3?
However........
I have excellent vision and yes I can read the number if I rotate the watch just right in the right lighting conditions, but unless being VERY intentional about trying to read the number in most lighting conditions I would not even know for sure that was even a # vs on the lug @5 where it says Stainless Steel. This number is on the back of the watch and is extremely small. Yes, it is a tell but it just isn't very noticeable at all. I have 0 concerns about this.

Linear

9/6/16
Yea, there are other reps that have random sn's and in my opinion that would have been a better idea. Maybe V3?
However........
I have excellent vision and yes I can read the number if I rotate the watch just right in the right lighting conditions, but unless being VERY intentional about trying to read the number in most lighting conditions I would not even know for sure that was even a # vs on the lug @5 where it says Stainless Steel. This number is on the back of the watch and is extremely small. Yes, it is a tell but it just isn't very noticeable at all. I have 0 concerns about this.

I totally agree, like I said, not a deal breaker. I was just curious. It's funny though, the other pics on the TD sites have different numbers so I thought maybe there was a chance others had different numbers.

nickt

Supporter
Certified
8/3/15
Do you guys see differences between AR on rep and gen??
Pictures you are giving here are always with little light on crystal. I think gen has much better 2xAR.
Only Therion666 shows photos almost without visible crystal

Merlinski

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/16
Switzerland
I stand by my statement that they are visually close enough that unless you really know what to look for you are not going to notice anything. Come on guys, lets be real here. I am not suggesting anyone do this, but I would guess if you showed the back of this one to sales guys @ AD's not one in 100 would even notice the difference. The one on the left is from the Omega website and the one on the right is my VSF V2

What about the position of the text on the case back? Should it not be aligned due to this new patented way to screw the case back on?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
What about the position of the text on the case back? Should it not be aligned due to this new patented way to screw the case back on?

No, that is not a mistake. It is just the way the case back is rotated to make it shut all the way

Enthusiast88

Known Member
28/2/19
Turkey, izmir
I got my grey dial last week. I just want to give a little feed back.

1. 3 and 9 markers are misaligned.
2. Pearl is sharp with bad finish and can cut your fingers. I used the back of old belt to rub it and it solved the problem without scratches.
3. My bezel can turn backward a little bit. It is not GMT(lol).
4. I feel the rubber is too soft but some friend here say it is supposed to be soft as the gen is also soft.

over all I think it worth the money.
I like it:)

Holy shit thats a lot of flaws! I don’t have any of those problems... sounds like you got unlucky with your piece.

Lfaustino2

Horology Curious
3/5/19
I got my grey dial last week. I just want to give a little feed back.

1. 3 and 9 markers are misaligned.
2. Pearl is sharp with bad finish and can cut your fingers. I used the back of old belt to rub it and it solved the problem without scratches.
3. My bezel can turn backward a little bit. It is not GMT(lol).
4. I feel the rubber is too soft but some friend here say it is supposed to be soft as the gen is also soft.

over all I think it worth the money.
I like it:)

What dealer you got it from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less

30/9/18
DE
That is an easy fix for anyone that has done any work on watches at all. All you have to do is shorten the crown stem maybe 1mm or something and reassemble. I can see why you would be annoyed, but that is part of the fun with reps, right?

It definitely is part of the game. :) That's why I'm not too picky with QC. I'm just very relieved that you say it is an easy fix. May I ask you to explain to me why to shorten it rather extent it (which was my first instinct - I never worked on watches)? Thank you!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I disagree with the AR not being all that good on this one. I have had many reps and many gens and this one is better than any rep I've ever had and just about as good as the profrnr AR Crystal. Quite frankly, I have never seen a Gen as good as the profrnr AR

cannockwolf

Known Member
18/2/19
UK
I'm comparing it to my other two, perhaps it's because I haven't worn in yet but the GMT and PO seen better

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
It definitely is part of the game. :) That's why I'm not too picky with QC. I'm just very relieved that you say it is an easy fix. May I ask you to explain to me why to shorten it rather extent it (which was my first instinct - I never worked on watches)? Thank you!

Hmmm,
I think you are right. I read it too quickly. I bit more complicated because you are probably going to need a new crown stem. I don't know this with 100% certainty, but I'm guessing that an ETA stem would work just as well as an Asian ETA