• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Nice! Is it light or is it somewhat photoshopped but why does your blue bezel look way more different than my bezel?

Photography is all about the lighting. Look at the bezel in his 1st few pics and then look at the bezel in the last one. See it? Completely different, right?

This is precisely why people should not compare tones and colors between pics that taken in different lighting conditions or with different settings on a camera. A skilled photographer can make the exact same watch appear very different in a picture.

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
I don't get this approach. It's a watch! You're meant to wind it. The rotor just tops things up.

Don’t want to take this too off topic but want to call this out for being false. Automatic watches are rotor first wind second. In fact excessive winding is known to degrade 2824 movements.

Reactions: vcappp and Pietros

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Don’t want to take this too off topic but want to call this out for being false. Automatic watches are rotor first wind second. In fact excessive winding is known to degrade 2824 movements.

We can go off topic briefly, especially as one of us (and no doubt many more people reading) are going to learn a bit more about their watches.

It was actually a forum watchsmith that told me I should fully wind a watch first. Having just looked at several user guides for numerous watches, they all seem to suggest that if a watch is stopped, you need to wind it first. Such as here for example:

VCN8j0.png

Can I ask where you get your info that says I'm false from?

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
We can go off topic briefly, especially as one of us (and no doubt many more people reading) are going to learn a bit more about their watches.

It was actually a forum watchsmith that told me I should fully wind a watch first. Having just looked at several user guides for numerous watches, they all seem to suggest that if a watch is stopped, you need to wind it first. Such as here for example:

VCN8j0.png

Can I ask where you get your info that says I'm false from?

Yeah no I totally agree you should manually wind your watch if it hasn’t been used in a while or if you are first using it. But I think saying that an automatic movement should be wind all the time as the rotor is “complementary” isn’t true and is likely because these Chinese movements simply suck.

Reactions: vcappp

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Yeah no I totally agree you should manually wind your watch if it hasn’t been used in a while or if you are first using it. But I think saying that an automatic movement should be wind all the time as the rotor is “complementary” isn’t true and is likely because these Chinese movements simply suck.

I see what you mean. Sorry, my original post was unclear then. I'd never/rarely manually wind a watch that's already running, it's just that I swap my watches twice or more daily and never wear them on back to back days so whenever I put on a watch, it's not running.

Confusion cleared up :thumbsup:

Reactions: vcappp and Pietros

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
I see what you mean. Sorry, my original post was unclear then. I'd never/rarely manually wind a watch that's already running, it's just that I swap my watches twice or more daily and never wear them on back to back days so whenever I put on a watch, it's not running.

Confusion cleared up :thumbsup:

Ah ok for sure for sure!

Getting back to the thing about the sticky rotor: has anyone else seen this in their reps or can offer a potential solution?

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Ah ok for sure for sure!

Getting back to the thing about the sticky rotor: has anyone else seen this in their reps or can offer a potential solution?

Does it sound like it's catching somewhere?
If not then a service could be the answer, maybe the lube was missed on the rotor bearing or jewel?

Reactions: vcappp and jaqueh

Pyknic

24/10/17
Good morning chaps! Wearing this one for a week straight:

The most accurate watch I've ever had, gen or rep.

​​​​​

I found my too to be very accurate the last 4 days.

I’ll reset the time today and see what exactly it is over 24hrs.

the stem of mine is a bit fiddly, it took some trying yesterday to get it in the right place to change the time.
once in place it winds and changes time very smooth.

Reactions: vcappp

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I found my too to be very accurate the last 4 days.

I’ll reset the time today and see what exactly it is over 24hrs.

the stem of mine is a bit fiddly, it took some trying yesterday to get it in the right place to change the time.
once in place it winds and changes time very smooth.

Stem on mine is dead on, it feels very gen like. Accuracy is exceptional, it's at +11 seconds. In a WEEK!!

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Anyone can review the VSF v2 black version versus the Gen ?

It would be very interesting :)

Thanks!