• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Is the background white color of the date wheel for silver dial model correct? k4jun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not white, looks silver/grey depending on the lightning, it is Ok for me.

OMG0594B_02.jpg

OMG0594B_06.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and Pietros

eddi

Supporter
31/7/10
Definitely not white, looks silver/grey depending on the lightning, it is Ok for me.

OMG0594B_02.jpg

OMG0594B_06.jpg

the backround colour seems ok - but the printing colour og the numbers?
shouldn't these be more blueish? These look almost black...

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It looks even better in person if it's anything like other VSF reps.

I went to an Omega AD yesterday (again) to try it on, I'm seriously considering going gen on this one. They only had the blue one left and they have no idea when they will get more stock. The clerk said that he can't remember the last time the Omega SMP diver was so sought after, the previous version was not selling anywhere near as good as this one.

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
It looks even better in person if it's anything like other VSF reps.

I went to an Omega AD yesterday (again) to try it on, I'm seriously considering going gen on this one. They only had the blue one left and they have no idea when they will get more stock. The clerk said that he can't remember the last time the Omega SMP diver was so sought after, the previous version was not selling anywhere near as good as this one.

Is that right!!!??? Awesome!!!
I actually bought a gen Omega Seamaster, previous version with blank dial AFTER the wavey dial was presented because I didn’t fancy the wavey pattern in the blue model. But now it’s grown on me! Unfortunately though I can’t afford an another gen so that’s why I’m here :p

Averse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/18
Curious as to when we can expect VSF to release the two-tone versions, if they plan to do so. Black and rose gold on rubber would be an instant purchase for me.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
TrustyTime pictures show that there is the incorrect unnecessary AU engraving near the balance wheel on the movement. Strangely the other dealer’s pictures don’t show AU engraving.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
TrustyTime pictures show that there is the incorrect unnecessary AU engraving near the balance wheel on the movement. Strangely the other dealer’s pictures don’t show AU engraving.

It’s a lucky dip-you pays your money, you takes your chance ;-)

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Therion666

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
Would be possible to install a gen swiss eta 2836 and fit the omega decoration over the swiss one?

financialaid2014

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/8/15
CONUS
ah man i ordered one in march, but it looks like from the QC photos that i got a v1 (gold balance wheel). the face looks great so i hope i like it. wish i had seen this thread before buying to ensure i got a v2

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Would be possible to install a gen swiss eta 2836 and fit the omega decoration over the swiss one?

I’m no movement expert but if VSF decorated an Asian 2836-2 then surely it’s the same process to decorate a Swiss 2836-2.
The decoration is removed then reattached when we have our reps serviced so it all seems good in theory.

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
My watchsmith has done a movement swap on one of these recently and he has sworn never to do it again. He said it was a mess, he had to tear the decorations off the movement, because they're glued on top of it. I wasn't there, I'm just telling you what he said.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
My watchsmith has done a movement swap on one of these recently and he has sworn never to do it again. He said it was a mess, he had to tear the decorations off the movement, because they're glued on top of it. I wasn't there, I'm just telling you what he said.

There was a member at the beginning of this thread who made the swap himself with no issues. Most likely it depends on the amount of glue used in each watch

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Quick questions, this is definitely on my watch for summer list!
1) V2 - black balance wheel, any other major differences?
2) V2 - does it come with the rubber strap only? I kind of like a bracelet also...
3) Anyone waterproof and swim withbone yet?

Thanks!

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Quick questions, this is definitely on my watch for summer list!
1) V2 - black balance wheel, any other major differences?
2) V2 - does it come with the rubber strap only? I kind of like a bracelet also...
3) Anyone waterproof and swim withbone yet?

Thanks!

1) Improved dial and bezel.
2) Yes it does come in bracelet also
3) All thou I CAN swim and dive with my gen Seamaster I would never do it. You might certainly be ok taking a swim in the replica, but why take the chance and it will get dirty and all that. Don’t!

Reactions: vcappp

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
So Andrew and the Factory apparently found a flaw in the dial before they were to ship the watch.... hmmm... Sounds strange. Sounds like he sold the watch to somebody else...
I said a wanted a blue version instead now. We will see. :(

Im pretty bumbed about not getting the watch I accepted.