• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
It's already discussed on the preivous page

and YES , they finally stopped to engraving this fucking bezel !!!

Hope they will do the same on the PO 43.5 models too !!!

Dude, easy on the excitement, the gen IS engraved...

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
That's unfortunate indeed ! Cant you cancel the order or replace it with the new model ?

Not sure..bummer.. This is actually a plan B order, because they couldn't find a decent Noob Daytona. I'll ask them if they can make sime sort of a bundle with the rubber strap. Or I'll just order another watch on rubber.

Last edited:

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
I just checked the videos on puretime and to me the bezel looks slightly engraved. It can be seen on the macro shots. When the camera hovers over the bezel and you press "stop" you can see tiny edges on the bezel markers.
If you ask me the bezel is still slightly engraved.

Reactions: vcappp

ower

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/12
I just checked the videos on puretime and to me the bezel looks slightly engraved. It can be seen on the macro shots. When the camera hovers over the bezel and you press "stop" you can see tiny edges on the bezel markers.

I have just checked the gen videos and it seems to me these are slightly engraved as well, I would guess the rep is darn close to the gen here. Can't see to much obvious flaws actually, woudl this classify as super rep maybe? Gen vs Rep would be an awesome thing to see.

mat2006

Renowned Member
31/7/17
VpqT6F.jpg

Can somone confirm if this is the bracelet with correct midlinks?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I have just checked the gen videos and it seems to me these are slightly engraved as well, I would guess the rep is darn close to the gen here. Can't see to much obvious flaws actually, woudl this classify as super rep maybe? Gen vs Rep would be an awesome thing to see.

The rep is supposed to have an engraved bezel, because the gen bezel is also engraved and filled with enamel.

This is not a super rep, no red seal in He valve, wrong movement.. I don't understand the obsession with the super rep status anyway, it's beyond me.

Reactions: vcappp

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
​​​​​​
I accepted the VSF Best Edition from Trusty (Andrew) because he told me there was going to be a long wait for the blue one and the grey one. Now 2 days later they release this v2!? What the hell!?! I got lied to by Andrew! That’s not ok!

Ive emailed him to cancel the V1 and send me a V2 instead. If he doesn’t I’ll ask to return the watch and ask for a refund.

Good luck. I did tell you he wasn’t a TD here. Now you know why :(

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13

And that's a good thing. It would be wrong if it was flat.

Reactions: obrienk

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I reply here instead in PMs.

Gen bi-colour 2018 have the smooth bezels. This is becasue the engravings are filled with yellow/sedna-gold and the markers make a flush with a ceramic.

Gen steel models - engravings filled with a white enamel, the markers are slightly recessed.

Macro of the gen steel watches
VpHnYU.jpg

VpHcKD.jpg

VpHeU8.jpg

PT video of steel v2
VpHoK2.jpg

VpHs43.jpg

VpH9Pb.jpg

Judging by how the light plays, the boarders of v2 markers are visible, what is fine and means the v2 bezel is not completely smooth.
Good enought for me, I will be getting one of those v2.