• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Really well-made by VSF. This watch has minimal QC issues if compared to VSF releases such as aqua terra, spectre, and PO.

Why do you care about QC issues? I thought your philosophy was buy it as long as it ticks :D

Reactions: vcappp

Miko8442

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/10/18
Why do you care about QC issues? I thought your philosophy was buy it as long as it ticks :D

Buy it as long as it ticks. When and where did I even say that? Oh well I guess your ego says you're not done. Ok let's start again. QC pics are important to check if everything is well and good. Other VSF releases have tons of issues and rejects like misaligned pearl, incorrect gravings, date wheel not centered, bezel not centered, wrong dial color, shitty OMEGA logo, crooked number 12 and so on while this 300M has no issues at all.

Of course I did not look at my QC pic expecting a black wheel and a correct bracelet. Seriously? If you wanna buy a watch without too much hassle into checking out if everything is fine buy the 300M. If you love rejecting QC 4 to 5 times buy a spectre or a PO lol

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Buy it as long as it ticks. When and where did I even say that? Oh well I guess your ego says you're not done. Ok let's start again. QC pics are important to check if everything is well and good. Other VSF releases have tons of issues and rejects like misaligned pearl, incorrect gravings, date wheel not centered, bezel not centered, wrong dial color, shitty OMEGA logo, crooked number 12 and so on while this 300M has no issues at all.

Of course I did not look at my QC pic expecting a black wheel and a correct bracelet. Seriously? If you wanna buy a watch without too much hassle into checking out if everything is fine buy the 300M. If you love rejecting QC 4 to 5 times buy a spectre or a PO lol

"Dont listen too much to other members here coz you'll end up never buying anything lol". "Listen to others and you’ll end up not buying anying." "Listen to what your heart wants, act on it(meaning ‘go buy it’) and you’ll never go wrong"

And how do you know what to check for in QC pics if not through listening and learning from other members? or is your heart telling you what to look for? does it have an account on RWI too?

Tbh, in my experience, VSF worsens the quality with each successive batch. First they produce a few hundreds to see if the market is receptive enough and then when they scale up production they completely fuck it up and stop QCing properly. So while this first batch Seamaster might be very good now (totally agree with you on that) this level of quality might not last long.

Btw, not claiming to be an expert here, just someone who reads a lot.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I bought the blue in NATO, but plan to put it in an old version bracelet. Is there a particular seller on DHGate to look at for the updated bracelet/rubber strap when they come available?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

grandphuba

8/4/18
This is a forum bro. Every opinion is valid, not just from the “knowledgeable people” that you’re talking about. These knowledgeable people frown coz this 300m has wrong bracelet but they are ok with the ugly datewheel of the aqua terra grey version from the 8900 thread. Lol

Not trying to be racist and not bashing in anyway, but are you Filipino, or at the very least asian? The way you construct your sentences made me think you are, and I'm genuinely curious if my observation jives with my experience.

Back to the topic, not every opinion is valid. Opinions could be subjective, but not all are valid. e.g. The opinion that tar tastes better than chocolate or that Hitler was a peaceful man, is certainly invalid.

Reactions: The Rod

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
Well I've now bought the blue and it's really cool, but I hate the nato, and the old bracelet I was going to use won't work (the holes for the pin are different on these lugs than the older SMP from what I can tell). I asked my TD if they could source the new one and they quoted me $98, but a) seems steep and b) I'm not convinced it won't be the old on they've fitted to the black and grey versions. So I'm back to asking, is there a specific merchant on DHGate that I should be eyeing for the new one to come out? If not this thing is going to live in the box til I can find some other alternative.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Well I've now bought the blue and it's really cool, but I hate the nato, and the old bracelet I was going to use won't work (the holes for the pin are different on these lugs than the older SMP from what I can tell). I asked my TD if they could source the new one and they quoted me $98, but a) seems steep and b) I'm not convinced it won't be the old on they've fitted to the black and grey versions. So I'm back to asking, is there a specific merchant on DHGate that I should be eyeing for the new one to come out? If not this thing is going to live in the box til I can find some other alternative.

I had that same issue and after looking everywhere, Im down to the conclusion that I could either: a) Wait for the correct version of the rep bracelet that to this day has not come out yet or b) Go gen. And I'm not sure I can get a gen bracelet of the new SMP 300 as of today with AD. Have yet to ask them.

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I had that same issue and after looking everywhere, Im down to the conclusion that I could either: a) Wait for the correct version of the rep bracelet that to this day has not come out yet or b) Go gen. And I'm not sure I can get a gen bracelet of the new SMP 300 as of today with AD. Have yet to ask them.

I may have my watch smith take a crack at getting my bracelet to fit. As long as he's not modding the watch itself too much I don't have much to lose.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Received mine a couple of days ago. I have to say I'm impressed with what VSF is doing this days, they are leaving the competition in the dust.

47c44fe452d29f6f4f0802c965112d65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GENneral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/18
AWESOME !!!
Can you tell me from where did you buy?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
AWESOME !!!
Can you tell me from where did you buy?

I bought from Trusty but any TD should be able to get it for you.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
How is the movement? Is the rotor noisy? Hows the lume?

The movement is not a super clone. I think it is a A2836 and it has a golden balance wheel, not black as it should be. I haven't heard a sound from the movement, at all. The lume is very good. This one's a keeper for me.

Poonfluff

Known Member
4/4/18
Alberta, Canada
The movement is not a super clone. I think it is a A2836 and it has a golden balance wheel, not black as it should be. I haven't heard a sound from the movement, at all. The lume is very good. This one's a keeper for me.

Thank you for your response. I have been on the fence on this one. Im planning on swapping a swiss eta, if the rotor is troublesome.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

How is the bezel action? Heard that on a few other Omega reps from VSF it's pretty bad...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
How is the bezel action? Heard that on a few other Omega reps from VSF it's pretty bad...

That thing was as tight as... well you get the idea. Took me some real pressure to apply to get that thing moving! I usually don't turn the bezel so it doesn't matter to me.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Received mine a couple of days ago. I have to say I'm impressed with what VSF is doing this days, they are leaving the competition in the dust.

47c44fe452d29f6f4f0802c965112d65.jpg

Looks fabulous! My only problem is that with all these VSF releases, I cannot justify getting any more of these...I have 2 models from them and loving both. But I only have one wrist to use.

Reactions: leo6929

atldml

Known Member
10/5/15
I bought a blue rubber strap to get me by til I figure out the bracelet thing. I think it looks pretty decent (minus the fingerprints).
gpzq8.jpg

Reactions: vcappp