• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Mike07

Known Member
20/8/14
Slovenia
V6iWZD.png

It is a blue dial.

Stunning piece mate! :)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Thank you Mike. It shines the best in natural light :)

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Thanks for the tips k4jun ​​​​​​;).

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Man, I can't make up my mind.. The new VSF Seamaster or the MKS old style Seamaster... How do MKS reps compare to VSF ones? I had a couple of VSF watches and they're very well made, but I've never handled an MKS product. Mr.JC any thoughts? k4jun ?

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Man, I can't make up my mind.. The new VSF Seamaster or the MKS old style Seamaster... How do MKS reps compare to VSF ones? I had a couple of VSF watches and they're very well made, but I've never handled an MKS product. Mr.JC any thoughts? k4jun ?

I had your same doubts and went for mks.
i've been unlucky (3 bad watches) but i think they are way less flawed that new version smp obes

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I had your same doubts and went for mks.
i've been unlucky (3 bad watches) but i think they are way less flawed that new version smp obes

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

Who's your TD?

Last edited:

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

Out of the box, V2 VSF 300m is less flawed then V4 MKS 300m.
I had few 300m-s from MK (even when they've been called MKF) and their quality is equal to the VSF. The only thing I would recommend, as maintenance, is to check periodically the screws in MK bracelets, they like to loose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Out of the box, V2 VSF 300m is less flawed then V4 MKS 300m.
I had few 300m-s from MK (even when they've been called MKF) and their quality is equal to the VSF. The only thing I would recommend, as maintenance, is to check periodically the screws in MK bracelets, they like to loose.

Thanks for your reply!

My original idea was to patiently wait ( as much as I can ) for the VSF 2018 Seamaster to be updated. And now it's here and all I see are QC pics with messed up dials :( This is why I started thinking that the MKS would be a better idea. I have no strength left to deal with QC rejections anymore or explaining the obvious to the TD ( this purchase is actually a plan B scenario of my original purchase, which was the Noob Daytona and they couldn't find a watch without any obvious flaws for the life of them and didn't even understand my issues...)

Are there any screaming inaccuracies on the MKS SMPc besides the bezel engraving being a bit too deep? And too much purple AR on the crystal?

I actually like the old SMP design a bit better, it looks more stylish and the He valve doesn't look like a toothpaste cap :D

Oh, a questions of the owners of the V2 VSF - does it have a red seal under the He valve ( gen does, but you can see it only when it's unscrewed ).

Reactions: leo6929

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
Thanks for your reply!

My original idea was to patiently wait ( as much as I can ) for the VSF 2018 Seamaster to be updated. And now it's here and all I see are QC pics with messed up dials :( This is why I started thinking that the MKS would be a better idea. I have no strength left to deal with QC rejections anymore or explaining the obvious to the TD ( this purchase is actually a plan B scenario of my original purchase, which was the Noob Daytona and they couldn't find a watch without any obvious flaws for the life of them and didn't even understand my issues...)

Are there any screaming inaccuracies on the MKS SMPc besides the bezel engraving being a bit too deep? And too much purple AR on the crystal?

I actually like the old SMP design a bit better, it looks more stylish and the He valve doesn't look like a toothpaste cap :D

Oh, a questions of the owners of the V2 VSF - does it have a red seal under the He valve ( gen does, but you can see it only when it's unscrewed ).

I think another tell is the pearl. It seems too "inside" the insert, whilst the gen one is slightly more outside.
i can live with that better than a misaligned bezel scalop/insert..

My thought is that with a closed back they had less work to do on cloning the movement aesthetics and focus energy and costs to the rest of the watch

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
adix90 Well, they did have plenty of time to practice.. It must be the V game or simply majority of clientele can't tell the difference and they sell good enough. It's a business after all..

Last edited:

brawndo

Thirst Mutilator
17/9/18
Looks so so much better than the two QCs I received. I’d be accepting.

Agreed, just wanted to make sure the crown wasn't wrong but checking again it appears larger from different angles. Ill have Tim double check it before he ships it out.

Reactions: vcappp

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
Very Nice peace, unreal, not like mine QC’s ????

jonrock

Supporter
Certified
4/3/16
Amazing!

Now on my 3rd watch after rejecting the first 2 and I've been sent picutres of the 1st one I rejected.

Not good.

Wonky 12 o clock markers

Wonky 11 on date wheel!

FFS!

Reactions: dator and vcappp