• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
This looks to be almost the same:
OMEGA_SPEEDMASTER_SEAMASTER300_5.jpg

Techie12989

Known Member
6/7/16
It really seems to be the lighting that gives it a yellowish tint. When looking at my wrist inside or outside in the sun, it doesn't look yellow. The QC pics I received don't look yellow. If I hold the watch DIRECTLY under my table lamp, the indices look a bit yellow compared to the insert like they do in the pictures above.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
TAOIgUu2e9a4552ee983747.jpg

Here is a clear example of the yellow index issue. Gens do not look remotely like this.

As far as how widespread this issue is on VSF models, that's the question, but this problem does exist fairly often enough.

Mine doesn't look anything like that.

I'm thinking that rather than worrying about how this might be a problem, why not just order one from a TD and if you are not satisfied with QC pics just reject and ask for another.

archie86

Horology Curious
23/1/19
Chicago, IL
Anyone have issues with not being able to get the strap to fit? I just got the blue on the bracelet along with the vsf strap. Couldn't get the spring bars to engage when attempting to put the strap on.

​Strap issues aside, this thing is just stunning! Pictures really don't do it justice.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Mine doesn't look anything like that.

I'm thinking that rather than worrying about how this might be a problem, why not just order one from a TD and if you are not satisfied with QC pics just reject and ask for another.

For one, I'm glad yours does not look anything like that.

That proves this is more of a batch issue, than an overwhelming problem across all of them. That's good to know.

For two, the issue is, the person who posted this initial picture said this was not apparent in his QC photos. It is not something you can RL from QC. His seemed white from his QC pictures.

The only way around this is to buy from a TD who can give you his honest opinion. Most TD's I have dealt with don't like to interject, they just give you QC pictures and don't want to comment. Some do though.

You just have to find the right TD that can help you with this specific issue unfortunately.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
It really seems to be the lighting that gives it a yellowish tint. When looking at my wrist inside or outside in the sun, it doesn't look yellow. The QC pics I received don't look yellow. If I hold the watch DIRECTLY under my table lamp, the indices look a bit yellow compared to the insert like they do in the pictures above.

The fact that Nanook65 says his does not look anything like this at any time of day shows there's some variation in batch quality. The person who posted this says this is how his looks like outside in the sun, not under artificial lighting that is yellow to begin with like a table lamp.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Anyone have issues with not being able to get the strap to fit? I just got the blue on the bracelet along with the vsf strap. Couldn't get the spring bars to engage when attempting to put the strap on.

​Strap issues aside, this thing is just stunning! Pictures really don't do it justice.

Just bend the spring bars a bit and it will fit. I have had this issue with watches before and this little tool makes it easy work of it. once bent a bit they will engage. You will be shocked how easy the fix is.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
For two, the issue is, the person who posted this initial picture said this was not apparent in his QC photos. It is not something you can RL from QC. His seemed white from his QC pictures.
The only way around this is to buy from a TD who can give you his honest opinion..............

Here are a couple pics of mine. I am pretty sure that with any pic taken you should be able to tell by looking at how the color on the lume of the hands & indices compare to the white paint on the bezel insert. The white paint is stark/very white. The hands and indices on my watch are probably just a shade or two more warm than the shade of white on the bezel insert, but you can certainly compare easily. I think that most lume is going to yellow a bit over time. I got mine back in March 2019 and I have probably worn it 30% of the time since so maybe 50 days or so and so far mine looks just like it did when I got it.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
If you look at the 2nd pic I posted the indices/lume look more warm/yellow than they do in the 1st pic. I can assure you they are pics of the same watch in the same controlled lighting conditions. The 1st pic is just exposed a bit more. In some cases the white balance on the camera needs to be corrected.

A change in exposure or white balance or lighting conditions can and most of the time will change colors dramatically. I am a pretty avid photographer and my experience tells me that when people are making judgment calls about color and comparing the color of a watch in one pic to another it is almost always a mistake to do so.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If you look at the 2nd pic I posted the indices/lume look more warm/yellow than they do in the 1st pic. I can assure you they are pics of the same watch in the same controlled lighting conditions. The 1st pic is just exposed a bit more. In some cases the white balance on the camera needs to be corrected.

A change in exposure or white balance or lighting conditions can and most of the time will change colors dramatically. I am a pretty avid photographer and my experience tells me that when people are making judgment calls about color and comparing the color of a watch in one pic to another it is almost always a mistake to do so.

Sure, but you can't possibly compare that your second pictures "warmer lume" even looks half as yellow as the example I posted from another user. Even you said yours looks nothing like that. There's a difference between variations of warmth and then yellow.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Dude, you are worrying about something that is a non issue. Order the watch. Look closely at the QC pics and accept or reject accordingly. If you want a good set of eyes, use one of the more discerning TD's like Sead, Lucy or Mary from over on RWG

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Dude, you are worrying about something that is a non issue. Order the watch. Look closely at the QC pics and accept or reject accordingly. If you want a good set of eyes, use one of the more discerning TD's like Sead, Lucy or Mary from over on RWG

Dude, you are stating what I already said. We're just going in circles at this point. I don't believe it's a non issue, plenty of people complained about it already, And I already said that the usage of a good TD is necessary for this.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I give up. I don't think this hobby is for you.

I have plenty of reps that I love. I enjoy this hobby a lot. This hobby isn't for me because I noticed a flaw on a rep that can be avoidable...? I don't understand this logic. No need to sugar coat every issue on a rep. Should I just consider every rep a super rep?

tbtheone1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/17
Canada

I just came on to find out what thats about. Im still so happy with the watch but I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me!!!

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I just came on to find out what thats about. Im still so happy with the watch but I wanted to make sure it wasnt just me!!!

So much for a non issue...

Can I ask you which color / version did you buy, and when did you buy it? Just curious for logistic purposes.

Reactions: tbtheone1

zkrollex

Known Member
10/4/19
Duckber;n809369 Here is a clear example of the yellow index issue. Gens do not look remotely like this. As far as how widespread this issue is on VSF models said:
About Yellow Lume Issue.
Maybe room light effect...

YELLOW-LUME-ISSUE-01.jpg

Last edited:

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Hello fellow SM lovers. Please help me out.

I’ve read the first ten pages of posts and the last ten pages. Couldn’t find what I was looking for.

Did any of you open up the watch? I got it from Sead a while ago and wanted to test for water resistance. For that, one needs to remove the mechanism in case there is a water ingress (happened to me often enough to be willing to spend time on removing the innards first - either work for five minutes first, or potentially several hours cleaning and servicing the movement). Anyway, I opened the back, but have no idea how to remove the stem.

This is reportedly a modified 2836. There is certainly no little hole for stem removal where the the ETA’s have them. The top plate looks to be glued onto the base plate - most of the screws are not actual screws but just little buttons glued onto the “winding bridge”. The “screw/crown” holding winding rotor in place is also glued on. Do I need to remove the fake top plate first? Hmm.

Anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

tbtheone1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/17
Canada
So much for a non issue...

Can I ask you which color / version did you buy, and when did you buy it? Just curious for logistic purposes.

I just bought the VSF v2 black diver from ryan at Intime. Now that I think about it my main qc photo is slightly yellow tinted. This reminds me of the AP diver v9 with the slightly over lume. I wish I had known before though. Still adore this watch and in most lighting its completely white but some off lighting its very yellow. Oh well!!! I just ordered it a month ago and the first movement was funked after my arf yachtmaster came dead I asked for a timegraph... the VSF had to be sent back and he had to get a new one taking over a full week so I just was itching and pulled the trigger on the next one, process took me about a month. Oh well