• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SPECTRE Seamaster MKS vs VSF conclusion. Cuz I got them both.

nathanlee0831

Horology Curious
13/10/18
A lot of people have been arguing which one's better blah blah... so I decided to buy both of them to make a conclusion.. and received my MKS version recently while already owning VSF version.

1. Bezel & Dial : MKS

The bezel and the dial on VSF is absolutely horrible compared to MKS version. In fact, I heard VSF is attempting to renew their dial. No wonder.. because they KNOW they've done a horrible job for that. (ex. The OMEGA logo and the font is totally wrong on VSF) So those of you who purchased VSF version might probably want to buy the dial part VSF will release later.

In the meanwhile, if you are a person who chose MKS version instead, guess what, don't have to.
MKS has done amazingly. Absolutely stunning job for their bezel and dial especially the tooth on them which is something VSF was not able to catch properly at all. (Tooth are supposed to be in rectangular shapes like MKS and Gen unlike VSF's circular shapes) I know people have been pointing out some of the flaws of the MKS dial by looking at the pictures ONLY. Guess what. You are ALL wrong. MKS dial is THE BEST for sure.

2. back side: VSF

Something that is really funny about VSF is that they have done a better job for the back side of the watch compared to MKS'.
The lid of MKS is not accurate neither VSF... but I can tell you that VSF has the lid that is closer to the gen. Most importantly, if you check out the 007 mark on the MKS lid, you could spot that something is really wrong with that. the number 007 and the gun are somehow attached!! WTF?! VSF in the meanwhile, did a better job but still not accurate enough. But still better than MKS. AND.... Now.. here comes a dilemma. The fact is... both lids are just horrible. The letters SPECTRE are supposed to be thicker and darker than any other fonts on the lid. Funnily, MKS did a right job for that, but VSF has done wrongly. But I think 007 mark is the most important spot on the lid.. so I'd say... VSF..

3. Movement: VSF
And then.. we have that infamous 'jewet' word on MKS movement. That is totally non-sense. What kind of a mistake is that eh? VSF has much better movement also because of the clone movement, so VSF wins!

4. Bracelet & NATO strap: MKS
guys.. really. VSF Bracelet and Nato strap are both fXXXed up big time. The quality of VSF bracelet is absolutely terrible. VSF has fixed TM mark near the 007 logo on mine.. but still.. overall, it is sooo weak and there are too much wide spaces between pieces. NATO strap is also fXXXed because the stitches are so bad! Stitches that are supposed to be liner are crooked big time! In the meanwhile, MKS bracelet and Nato strap show decent quality. Especially, I think they have done a terrific job for the bracelet.

Conclusion..

I think.. in order to have the best replica of your Spectre watch, instead of wasting your glorious time to writing bunch of comparisons in this forum,
I will say.. buy both of em! and FRANKEN them!

If you need to choose only one of them, I say.. MKS if you wanted the one with the best look overall and VSF if you wanted the one with the genuine movement.

Consequently, if you want the best of the best rep,

...bring your MKS watch first of all, maintain the bezel and the dial, change the movement to the VSF movement, and change the back lid to the VSF one!
You also know that the bracelet and the NATO of MKS version are wayyyy better than VSF ones! Use MKS straps!

FYI I think the hour hands and the second hands are both decent. Thus, choose anything.

BUT.. both companies failed to make a decent second hand which is ironic cuz it is probably the MOST important/ significant part that actually differentiate the Spectre Seamaster from the general 300 Seamaster watches... SO... goto ebay and spend $140 (so cheap!!) to buy the gen Spectre Seamaster second hand while you could still afford it!!

VOILA! That makes the best Spectre Seamaster rep you could possibly get!!

I will post the comparison picture AND the franken version's picture soon.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Yes, thank you but maybe some pics would help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
A lot of people have been arguing which one's better blah blah... so I decided to buy both of them to make a conclusion.. and received my MKS version recently while already owning VSF version.

The bezel and the dial on VSF is absolutely horrible compared to MKS version. In fact, I heard VSF is attempting to renew their dial. No wonder.. because they KNOW they've done a horrible job for that. (ex. The OMEGA logo and the font is totally wrong on VSF) So those of you who purchased VSF version might probably want to buy the dial part VSF will release later.

In the meanwhile, if you are a person who chose MKS version instead, guess what, don't have to.
MKS has done amazingly. Absolutely stunning job for their bezel and dial especially the tooth on them which is something VSF was not able to catch properly at all. (Tooth are supposed to be in rectangular shapes like MKS and Gen unlike VSF's circular shapes) I know people have been pointing out some of the flaws of the MKS dial by looking at the pictures ONLY. Guess what. You are ALL wrong. MKS dial is THE BEST for sure.

Something that is really funny about VSF is that they have done a better job for the back side of the watch compared to MKS'.
The lid of MKS is not accurate neither VSF... but I can tell you that VSF has the lid that is closer to the gen. Most importantly, if you check out the 007 mark on the MKS lid, you could spot that something is really wrong with that. the number 007 and the gun are somehow attached!! WTF?! VSF in the meanwhile, did a better job but still not accurate enough. But still better than MKS. AND.... Now.. here comes a dilemma. The fact is... both lids are just horrible. The letters SPECTRE are supposed to be thicker and darker than any other fonts on the lid. Funnily, MKS did a right job for that, but VSF has done wrongly. But I think 007 mark is the most important spot on the lid.. so I'd say... VSF..

And then.. we have that infamous 'jewet' word on MKS movement. That is totally non-sense. What kind of a mistake is that eh? VSF has much better movement also because of the clone movement, so VSF wins!

guys.. really. VSF Bracelet and Nato strap are both fXXXed up big time. The quality of VSF bracelet is absolutely terrible. VSF has fixed TM mark near the 007 logo on mine.. but still.. overall, it is sooo weak and there are too much wide spaces between pieces. NATO strap is also fXXXed because the stitches are so bad! Stitches that are supposed to be liner are crooked big time! In the meanwhile, MKS bracelet and Nato strap show decent quality. Especially, I think they have done a terrific job for the bracelet.

Conclusion..

I think.. in order to have the best replica of your Spectre watch, instead of wasting your glorious time to writing bunch of comparisons in this forum,

If you need to choose only one of them, I say.. MKS if you wanted the one with the best look overall and VSF if you wanted the one with the genuine movement.

...bring your MKS watch first of all, maintain the bezel and the dial, change the movement to the VSF movement, and change the back lid to the VSF one!
You also know that the bracelet and the NATO of MKS version are wayyyy better than VSF ones! Use MKS straps!

FYI I think the hour hands and the second hands are both decent. Thus, choose anything.

BUT.. both companies failed to make a decent second hand which is ironic cuz it is probably the MOST important/ significant part that actually differentiate the Spectre Seamaster from the general 300 Seamaster watches... SO... goto ebay and spend $140 (so cheap!!) to buy the gen Spectre Seamaster second hand while you could still afford it!!

thanks for the comparison!

Which batch of your VSF version ? (when did you order and receive QC of VSF ? )

Maybe VSF updated the flaws at the very latest batch????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathanlee0831

Horology Curious
13/10/18
thanks for the comparison!

Which batch of your VSF version ? (when did you order and receive QC of VSF ? )

Maybe VSF updated the flaws at the very latest batch????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am talking about the latest one. I received my vsf spectre last month.
I will upload the pictures on the following monday cuz now both of the watches are being franken by a watch expert.
He also pointed out that the overall look of MKS is unbelievable. He told me it was the first time for him to see the MKS version in real life cuz VSF version is so popular.

Last edited:

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18

Conclusion..

what kind of problem does the second hand have?

Filthypagan91

Looking Around
14/10/18
NL
Thank you for this. I've been waiting for a while to buy a Spectre myself but since no factory has really nailed it I've put off the decision. Cant say Im decisive now though.

Vv83

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/18
I’m also indecisive. Maybe if VSF makes the updates I’ll go there?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
VSF has such a crappy bezel and dial (totally wrong!) that twice in the last month I've received unpromted compliments from different Omega ADs on my "spectacular limited edition Spectre", all while the watch was laying on the table in front of them as I was trying out something else. Not to mention a vintage watch collector colleague who, after handling it, marveled at the fit and finish and did not believe it was a rep when I told him ("come on, how much did you spend? 10k?")

Bottom line: let's put things into perspective, shall we? Not everyone is nitpicking like we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

nathanlee0831

Horology Curious
13/10/18
http://i68.tinypic.com/10yp7if.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/w2n7o7.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/ampp1h.jpg

Here are the photos that I took. The left one is from VSF and the right one is from MKS.
The most notable difference between the two is the Omega logo and the symbol. You see, MKS' logo and symbol were printed like 3D just like gen.
And also the vintage-like coloring of triangle parts were well done. Bezels were made corrected as I mentioned above.

I just received from the watch expert that VSF and MKS spectres can't be franken because the parts were designed completely different.
Therefore, now, I decided to sell one of them and also decided to keep MKS version in a short moment cuz the VSF is honestly horrible except for the movement thing.
However, the watch expert also told me that VSF's movement is not really gen-like clone either. It is just an effective marketing strategy.

I would personally recommend MKS version for everyone.

Reactions: than70

than70

1/9/15
Hope you would be the first owner of the 2 versions to conduct a side by side review complete with more high resolution pictures. Thanks.

than70

1/9/15
"However, the watch expert also told me that VSF's movement is not really gen-like clone either. It is just an effective marketing strategy. " could you please confirm from your watchmaker why?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
"However, the watch expert also told me that VSF's movement is not really gen-like clone either. It is just an effective marketing strategy. " could you please confirm from your watchmaker why?

I guess he means it's not a co-axial escapement movement, which was known from the beginning and is actually as good thing as it would be impossible to service. For all practical purposes it is a clone movement as it has same power reserve and same functions

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Sorry but can not put the movement of vsf in mkf case?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 5 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I said I would upload it soon you idiot. And I uploaded the pics so check the thread before you say some dumbshit like worthless blah blah
..Idiot?....So you got a loud mouth..Are you out of your mind you lunatic, what are you? another newbie writing a review without pics but putting up with links?

Did you even took the time to read some of the tips and tricks, ever consider to read before you post??? Use picr me instead of your stupid tinyurllinks
Keep going like this and you won't last long...