• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SPECTRE MKF (review and photos)

Hoender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/15
Dude. you've got it all wrong.

OK. I will summarize everything as a person who owns both MKS and VSF Spectre watches right now.
First of all, the bezel and the dial on VSF is absolutely horrible compared to MKS version. Actually, VSF is attempting to renew their dial because they KNOW they've done a horrible job for that.
(ex. The OMEGA logo and the font is totally wrong on VSF)
At the same moment, MKS has done amazingly. Absolutely stunning job for their bezel and dial especially the tooth on them which is something VSF was not able to catch properly at all. (Tooth are supposed to be in rectangular shapes like MKS and Gen unlike VSF's circular shapes)

However, something that is really funny about VSF is that they have done a better job for the back side of the watch than MKS'.
The lid of MKS is not accurate neither VSF... but I can tell you that VSF has the lid that is closer to the gen. Most importantly, if you check out the 007 mark on the MKS lid, you could spot that something is really wrong with that. the number 007 and the gun are somehow attached!! WTF?! VSF in the meanwhile, did a better job but still not accurate enough. but still, I gotta say, better than MKS. (Now.. here comes a dilemma. Both lids are just horrible. The letters SPECTRE are supposed to be thicker and darker than any other fonts on the lid. MKS did a right job for that, but VSF has done wrongly. But I think 007 mark is the most important spot on the lid.. so I'd say... VSF)
And then.. we have that infamous 'jewet' word on MKS movement. That is totally non-sense. What kind of a mistake is that eh? VSF has much better movement also because of the clone movement, so VSF wins!

Therefore, in conclusion, in order to have the best replica of your Spectre watch, instead of wasting your glorious time to writing bunch of comparisons in this forum,
I will say.. buy both of em! and Franken them!

Bring your MKS watch first of all, maintain the bezel and the dial, change the movement to the VSF movement, and change the back lid to the VSF one!
You also know that the bracelet and the NATO of MKS version are wayyyy better than VSF ones! VSF bracelet is fXXXed up and the Nato strap has horrible stitches. Use MKS ones!
Also, FYI both companies failed to make a decent second hand which is ironic cuz it is probably the MOST important part that actually differentiate the Spectre Seamaster from the general 300 Seamaster watches... SO... goto ebay and spend $140 (so cheap!!) to buy the gen Spectre Seamaster second hand while you could afford it!!

VOILA! That makes the best Spectre Seamaster rep you could possibly get!!

As someone who was probably a day away from ordering the VSF - *thank you*!

I was under the impression though that VSF had already released the revised dial.

Sent from the RWI App

inkyzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/18
1c54cc36b245a0edd9c4f5b5e9b746e8.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Which is the factory?

Inviato dal mio Redmi 5 Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

CanRep

13/10/18
inkyzz how is the bezel turn on your MKS? I have one and love it, but the bezel does seem soft in the "clicks" when I'm turning it. It results in a little bump is enough to spin the dial. Was curious how yours is and how to go about tightening mine if anyone knows?

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
inkyzz how is the bezel turn on your MKS? I have one and love it, but the bezel does seem soft in the "clicks" when I'm turning it. It results in a little bump is enough to spin the dial. Was curious how yours is and how to go about tightening mine if anyone knows?

For VSF Spectre, the bezel has some play. You can see the video I posted here

I checked with Angus at Puretime and he said the bezel play is in all the stock of the Spectre. So looks like its a common issue. How bad is the play in the MKS bezel? I am also hoping someone knows how to tighten the bezel a bit more. A video on youtube reviewing the genuine Spectre showed the bezel turn with more efforts.

CanRep

13/10/18
For VSF Spectre, the bezel has some play. You can see the video I posted here

I checked with Angus at Puretime and he said the bezel play is in all the stock of the Spectre. So looks like its a common issue. How bad is the play in the MKS bezel? I am also hoping someone knows how to tighten the bezel a bit more. A video on youtube reviewing the genuine Spectre showed the bezel turn with more efforts.

Thanks for pointing me to these vids you did! Really helpful to see others watches. So for my MKS, there is absolutely no wiggle like yours has in the first vid. It also doesn't have much play in the bezel so much as it has little resistance with each "click". Compared to your second vid, you can barely hear mine click so much as kind of rub through the grooves of the bezel (if that makes sense). I will try to take vids for you and upload to help get a comprehensive comparison between yours and mine. I figure between us two, people can get a good idea of both spectre options!

Essentially, I THINK I know the issue (for mine anyways). If you look carefully just below the bezel line, you just can see at the 6 and 12 o'clock that there are ballsprings that drive these bezel (let me know if you can see them on yours. When you shine a light you can see the balls reflecting it) . I think I need to get a taller spring in both my positions to raise the ball and create more resistance against the bezel grooves. I also have a bit of a cheater method to do this and will share in a new how to post if I can get this bezel off!! Bloody thing is on there good and I'm marking up this beautiful watch as I don't have any watch tools and am new to all this (this is actually my first Rep).

Yours might work with a slightly larger ball in the ballspring to remove the play based on what your video showed.
​​​​​​
​​​

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
Thanks for pointing me to these vids you did! Really helpful to see others watches. So for my MKS, there is absolutely no wiggle like yours has in the first vid. It also doesn't have much play in the bezel so much as it has little resistance with each "click". Compared to your second vid, you can barely hear mine click so much as kind of rub through the grooves of the bezel (if that makes sense). I will try to take vids for you and upload to help get a comprehensive comparison between yours and mine. I figure between us two, people can get a good idea of both spectre options!

Essentially, I THINK I know the issue (for mine anyways). If you look carefully just below the bezel line, you just can see at the 6 and 12 o'clock that there are ballsprings that drive these bezel (let me know if you can see them on yours. When you shine a light you can see the balls reflecting it) . I think I need to get a taller spring in both my positions to raise the ball and create more resistance against the bezel grooves. I also have a bit of a cheater method to do this and will share in a new how to post if I can get this bezel off!! Bloody thing is on there good and I'm marking up this beautiful watch as I don't have any watch tools and am new to all this (this is actually my first Rep).

Yours might work with a slightly larger ball in the ballspring to remove the play based on what your video showed.
​​​​​​
​​​

I can't see the ball bearings. As you said, the bezel is fixed there real good. If I pushed the bezel towards the 12 and try to turn it, there is more resistance and the bezel felt tighter and the clicking sound is louder. But when I push the bezel towards the 6, there is still resistance but the clicking sound is less. Not sure if this help but that's what I got from my Spectre. Annoying as hell.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Thank you for the review, it helped me greatly in my choosing.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18

​​​​​​
​​​

Could you upload a video of your bezel if you haven't already done so? Thanks.

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Mkf really hits the spot here. Curious if a better version of the vsf follow shortly

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

jasonlee123

Horology Curious
21/2/20
Hello there. Is your MK spectre watch still working good so far? Would love to buy one for the price but wonder why it has become cheaper nowadays...