Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

8500 Clone Movement Rotor Moving When Winding (VIDEO)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theoretically, yes. But Why wouldn't want to fix it, it's cheap and easy. Hell, get the right tools and lube, watch a YouTube tutorial and do it yourself. If left unlubed your autowind will self-destruct and take the movement with it.
    You can run your car with a dry transmission...for a little while.
    RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Originally posted by Hor-Fan View Post
      Theoretically, yes. But Why wouldn't want to fix it, it's cheap and easy. Hell, get the right tools and lube, watch a YouTube tutorial and do it yourself. If left unlubed your autowind will self-destruct and take the movement with it.
      You can run your car with a dry transmission...for a little while.
      I got one coming in the mail. I have no idea if mine will have that problem, but is this an issue will all of these movements. Hkw can you tell if it has this problem?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jfdupuis View Post
        I got one coming in the mail. I have no idea if mine will have that problem, but is this an issue will all of these movements. Hkw can you tell if it has this problem?

It's a fairly common issue with rep movements. Hold your watch upright and wind it, if you can feel the rotor spinning when you wind then your autowind is dry, another clue is a "crunchy" feel when you wind. It's never a bad idea to give your new watch a preliminary service before regular use.
        RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Will do. Never had that issue with other watches. How is the power reserve with this watch?

Comment

Originally posted by jfdupuis View Post
            Will do. Never had that issue with other watches. How is the power reserve with this watch?

What I've been heard, very good. 55-60h

Comment

That's what i've heard as well

Comment

Power reserve on mine is very good. It is as advertised. I would buy more without hesitation, but if you’re buying a PO, invest in a LMPO first!

For anyone who comes across this thread, I believe this issue was exacerbated by improper winding of the watch. In other words, I was manually winding this thing every single day to keep it running without wearing it. As I’ve come to understand, that is a big no-no.

Comment

I have this exact problem with my AT GMT. Very glad to see that it's a relatively simple fix. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by fasty View Post
                    I have this exact problem with my AT GMT. Very glad to see that it's a relatively simple fix. Thanks for the info.
                    could you please update what method you used if you managed to fix the problem successfully!. thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by vcappp View Post

could you please update what method you used if you managed to fix the problem successfully!. thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Absolutely. I've been in touch with a local watchmaker who also says he's confident it will be a quick and simple job. I'll post an update when I get it sorted.

Comment

Any news here? I got the same problem with my aqua terra gmt, but my watchmaker didn't want to take the movement apart. He was afraid to destroy it

Comment

Originally posted by mikenike View Post
                          Power reserve on mine is very good. It is as advertised. I would buy more without hesitation, but if you’re buying a PO, invest in a LMPO first!

For anyone who comes across this thread, I believe this issue was exacerbated by improper winding of the watch. In other words, I was manually winding this thing every single day to keep it running without wearing it. As I’ve come to understand, that is a big no-no.
                          Last edited by Pogostik; 12-12-18, 22:47. Reason: was going to ask a question

Comment

Working...
                          X