• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Noob crpo just ate itself

Olek69

Horology Curious
27/7/18
As the title says, my 2 months old Noob crpo just ate one of its wheels. The back cryatal is full of golden dust, and it stops every 5 minutes.

Has any of you had the same problem ? I guess it's not fixable, so i think i will order a VSF crpo.

See this link for a picture: https://m.imgur.com/a/U3ZinCM

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Looks like the automatic winding mechanism was not properly lubed, resulting in ground off teeth on the ratchet wheel. You'll need to replace the movement.

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
It's an eta clone, either a 2824 or 2836-can't tell from the pic. A new one should run about $75. You can source one on eBay from: "bosshua007", "carbinet2009", "bjbjcs"

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

GreenGrocer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/10
I have a similar issue with 2824 which stopped due toe dropping the watch on hard floor. Are these ebay movements ready to go i.e. straight swap rather than service + swap?

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I have a similar issue with 2824 which stopped due toe dropping the watch on hard floor. Are these ebay movements ready to go i.e. straight swap rather than service + swap?
The movements I've purchased from the sellers I listed have arrived clean, oiled and ready to go- but I always make it a point to service the auto wind module before using as this seems to be a common source of problems with clone movements, I do this service on the movements in my new reps as well.

iamket

Looking Around
26/3/18
Do you service your watches by yourself or do you take them to a watch smith?

Is this something that's easy enough? I got a few rep watches but I never service any of them yet. I guess I'll have to service them sooner or later...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Hor-Fan

Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
Do you service your watches by yourself or do you take them to a watch smith?

Is this something that's easy enough? I got a few rep watches but I never service any of them yet. I guess I'll have to service them sooner or later...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I service mine myself, easy enough if you have the right tools and know what you're doing. Otherwise, look for a rep-friendly watch smith to do the work.

Olek69

Horology Curious
27/7/18
Update: just ordered a VSF crpo.

I may try to change the movement in the Noob later ok. Or use it for spares