• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF CRPO or Noob V5 LMPO

Valencia

Horology Curious
12/7/18
Hi guys,
after reading the VSF post, people seem very happy with this omega rep.
Hopping to buy a PO, not sure which one is the most accurerate.
So, for the owners, which one would u recomend? Lmpo or Vsf crpo?
thx

Dan2018

Known Member
19/8/18
U.K.
I’d say the LMPO once the WORLD PREMIERE spacing issue is sorted out and with the red seconds hand. The VSF is nice and may get super rep status, but the LMPO has quite literally been there and done that.

mikenike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/17
If the LMPO didn’t have the world premier issue, I would get one of those... maybe...

I may be biased, because I already own the two 42mm VSF CrPOs.

Consider 14mm LMPO height and 16mm 8500 CrPO heightt does make a difference.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
If the thickness of the CrPO agrees with you, IMO it is the one to buy. The LMPO is limited to 1948 pieces so that may be something you'd want to consider. To me personally, it is the liquidmetal AKA gloss dial and bezel which makes the watch flashy on the wrist vs the matte bezel and dial of the CrPO which gives it a perfect 'tool' watch look.

patrck17

6/7/18
I bought both to be sure. I ended up sticking with the V5 noob LMPO which comes with the WORLDPREMIER flaw. Both watches look outstanding. I just didn't like the thickness of the CrPO. The obvious flaw on the LMPO is frustrating and I will upgrade if they fix it but I doubt anyone will see it. If you hand either watch to an Omega expert they would probably spot the LMPO faster, but neither would pass. Nobody else will tell and I doubt you find yourself in a situation where somebody asks you to examine the watch. I've never been asked by anyone to examine my watch, and I've never asked anyone else.

It comes down to preference of course. LMPO is my favorite rep at the moment though.

Last edited:
Reactions: phdsjain

Khr0nos

Horology Curious
29/9/18
I am looking to buy my first rep.

Have been looking at the VSF CrPo and 2 versions of LMPO.
LMPO Noob v5 418,-
and
the LMPO OMF 318,- (Can anyone recommend this one?)

Which one would you recommend?

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
The OMF has the following flaws compared to the Noob:

- wrong height (15 instead of 14mm)
- wrong date window and font
- bezel numbers seem not to be centered properly (too near to the crystal)
- weird triangle and pearl
- overall finish seems to be worse than the Noob

There's a V2 out now which seems to have corrected the height and date window shape and it doesn't have the WORLDPREMIERE flaw like the Noob, but apparently no one has received it yet.

It's up to you whether those flaws are worth the 100$ price reduction.

Reactions: vcappp

Khr0nos

Horology Curious
29/9/18
The OMF has the following flaws compared to the Noob:

- wrong height (15 instead of 14mm)
- wrong date window and font
- bezel numbers seem not to be centered properly (too near to the crystal)
- weird triangle and pearl
- overall finish seems to be worse than the Noob

There's a V2 out now which seems to have corrected the height and date window shape and it doesn't have the WORLDPREMIERE flaw like the Noob, but apparently no one has received it yet.

It's up to you whether those flaws are worth the 100$ price reduction.

Thanls a lot for your answer.
The only OMF i can find is the v2, that hit puretime 13.sept.
Have anyone tried it out?

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
I wouldn't go for the omf at the moment, still too many flaws i'd rather wait for better release. The noob doesnt deserve the super rep status yet imho, still many flaws even after 5 releases!

mikenike

1/12/17
I have two VSF CrPO and Noob V5.

I would get Noob. Less height. Lighter watch. Wears smaller, even though both measure 42mm.

VSF CrPO 8500, get it if you like a big bulky tall sport watch.

Reactions: Khr0nos

Type-S

12/12/13
I prefer the VSF but you can’t go wrong with either

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

johnpaul21

9/8/18
I think the LMPO is a little more versatile. The shininess of the bezel and the red vs orange allows you to wear it for more dressy occasions or change to a rubber strap for everyday use as well. Also I have 7-7.25 inch wrists and the LMPO is probably the perfect size.