• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday "Ultraman"

santieceballos

18/4/12
I want to start this post by saying that i know that Omega has been releasing limited editions for everything and anything but I think they really nailed this time.
The new "Ultraman" is just a stunning watch. The vintage color combinations, the hands, the beautiful dial and that amazing nato strap makes this Speedmaster a very special and unique watch.

I really hope they come out with a nice replica for this. I will buy one even if it is a cheap quartz.

ENJOY!

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Would be nice to see a rep of this.

Heres my fois, that I vintagized. Waiting on a new movement. Dont mind the missing chrono hand.
cecac54124b39ce6d62fe7a237842479.jpg
d494d2bc80dc0f5eece64e749d3401b1.jpg
d32b3994111ada32d6b31543755d769b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RTL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
That would sell really well. I don't think we will have to wait too long for a nice rep of it!

santieceballos

18/4/12
That would sell really well. I don't think we will have to wait too long for a nice rep of it!

I think it won’t be too long... I was reading yesterday that Omega is hughe in the Japanese market and of course Ultraman is an Icon so if you add those two you will probably get a very nice rep in a couple of months.

Sent from the RWI App

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
The gen also sold out in minutes...

but a "good" rep won't be possible without a movement for it. Same story as all tri-compas speedmasters..

RTL2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/18
The gen also sold out in minutes...

but a "good" rep won't be possible without a movement for it. Same story as all tri-compas speedmasters..

Given the massive sales that the moon watches log, I think an enterprising factory will come up with a clone movement eventually.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I want to start this post by saying that i know that Omega has been releasing limited editions for everything and anything but I think they really nailed this time.
The new "Ultraman" is just a stunning watch. The vintage color combinations, the hands, the beautiful dial and that amazing nato strap makes this Speedmaster a very special and unique watch.

I really hope they come out with a nice replica for this. I will buy one even if it is a cheap quartz.

ENJOY!

I find it ridiculous that Omega keeps coming out with limited edition watches numbering a measly 2012 units. Even Spectre out numbered this and others by 5000 units more. Even that number is small. I can understand it being a limited edition so small number is the key. Why even bother to advertise it. Just offer it to their hardcore fans. The rep makers are going to have a field day.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
This whole Speedy Tuesday Ultraman, I don't get it.
Well I get it, but I don't like it.

Okay it was sold out in 1hr and 58m, but look how many are for sale at the moment at Chrono24?

Seems to me all the flippers got first row seats.

I am on the look-out for a nice 3570.50 which I think is a much better deal.

And if I want an orange second hand (which I don't) I will order a spare, and have it painted and installed.

Reactions: vcappp

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
This whole Speedy Tuesday Ultraman, I don't get it.
Well I get it, but I don't like it.

Okay it was sold out in 1hr and 58m, but look how many are for sale at the moment at Chrono24?

Seems to me all the flippers got first row seats.

I am on the look-out for a nice 3570.50 which I think is a much better deal.

And if I want an orange second hand (which I don't) I will order a spare, and have it painted and installed.

Exactly.

ro9

Known Member
6/9/18

Seems like a "trend" in the world of horology. Create something in numbered edition - and it goes from being a nice watch, to become a collectors item - but for what purpose?

This also seems to be the "movement" in the whisky area - where Destillers Editions, Limited Casks' etc. makes the price go way up, and the bottles end up with collectors - not drinking them - because they are to expensive to drink.

But again - this might be the same thing that keeps the "rep-game" going -because at some point "reppers" are the real - aficionados - not the "trophy hunters"...

Reactions: vcappp

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Personally I really, really like it (Gen, not rep). Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a standard speedy over it - a vintage Gen ideally - but second to that, this is my favourite watch in the Speedy stable. It's a lot more than 'just an orange hand'.

ro9

Known Member
6/9/18
I agree - the watch is stunning, also the fact that it's characters changes a lot when changing the strap. And by judging - based on my instragramfee - it's quite popular :)

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Personally I really, really like it (Gen, not rep). Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer a standard speedy over it - a vintage Gen ideally - but second to that, this is my favourite watch in the Speedy stable. It's a lot more than 'just an orange hand'.

3750.50 over this every day....

It just doesn't feel special to me. It's too much of a gimick watch. Trying too hard.

Compare the Ultraman with a Alaska, TinTin, Snoopy, or Albino Italian,.... something that is really special.

ro9

Known Member
6/9/18
OMG...
i have never seen the albino italian before.. its stunning:

Speedmaster-Italian-Dial-4201.jpg