• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Has anyone been able to try one of those with VSF case?

VECGmr.jpg

VECwwI.png

Didn't kobe24 say that VSF was working on producing the rubber strap as well?

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
That’s the new titanium version , love the clean dial but yikes those markers!

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
Better than my QC so far but expect more from a gen Omega. I have a gen Speedmaster pro and it’s perfection.

Reactions: stuintheuk

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I have the black on order for my gen at my AD but they're saying 4 weeks. When I get it, I'll put it on my VSF gray dial and take a few pics. Wrong colour combo but we'll have an idea of the fit etc.
My plan is to use my gen black with the black silicon strap through the summer and put my gen bracelet on the VSF-I'll get a few pics of that too.

That is an excellent idea sir!
Can you try the gen 8800 rubber on 2500 case? I would like to have this rubber on gen 2500 but what I have heard so far - it won't fit 2500.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Reactions: leo6929

rtputter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/19
It's a $8100 watch, it should be perfection, that's a disgrace!

ok, but I'm responding to someone who said it's the same problem. If this was the reps worst case scenario then I wouldn't even have cared.

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
This is ali
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/20mm-...OrigTitle=true

Looks really decent, it has a hard core (just like gens do have it) wrapped in a silicone, the only complain that both hoop-loops are branded "Omega".
Didn'y buy it yet, but as this is silicone I hope to 'squeeze' it and make it fit to 2500 case.

Thanks! Just ordered the black and silver buckle in anticipation of getting good QC on my next seamaster

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
That is an excellent idea sir!
Can you try the gen 8800 rubber on 2500 case? I would like to have this rubber on gen 2500 but what I have heard so far - it won't fit 2500.

Unfortunately I haven't got access to a 2500 case otherwise I'd certainly have tried it for you.

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
The Ali express rubber strap came in and after a long struggle I got it installed.

It looks ok from a distance but ultimately it has some quality issues that will prevent me from recommending it. Ive tried on a geniune seamaster with the geniune rubber at an AD several times so I have a good sense of what it’s supposed to be like.

Firstly, the keepers are both branded Omega instead of the one closest to the buckle being Omega and the second Seamaster. I heard about this issue before ordering so this wasn’t a surprise.

The tang buckle feels incredibly cheap and the finishing is awful. The shape is also incorrect being taller than geniune.

The rubber itself is not soft like the gen and appears quite dull. The gen is so soft and has a richer black colour.

I don’t think I’m going to bother wearing this one outside the house. Very curious to see how the VSF straps measure up but I’m actually considering ordering a gen rubber right now.

302t0ew.jpg

2w672vb.jpg

rm2pu8.jpg

iz5lvs.jpg

Reactions: leo6929

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thanks for the feedback SWI , there are many ali-sellers who got this strap, but all of the straps look the same for me. Bottom line - VSF rubber looks really accurate, we need to check is it worth $.

Reactions: SWI

Sir Savien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/19
Europe
The grey version with the blue bezel looks so damn awesome, I really need to get on eof this. I have a gen SMPc, so I am curious, what the deffrences are, in terms of quality.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Reactions: vcappp