• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
is the grey a V1? bracelet looks like the old one. the gen looks amazing, but i do like the grey / blue

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
It seems like the wave cuts on the gen dial go all the way through, where the rep ones stop before the applied hour markers; you can notice this especially
​at 9-10 hour markers.
Am i right or is it just optical?

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
It seems like the wave cuts on the gen dial go all the way through, where the rep ones stop before the applied hour markers; you can notice this especially
​at 9-10 hour markers.

I can't see that in the pics but I'll check in daylight in the morning.

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
​at 9-10 hour markers.

If you check the pictures from previous posts you'll see that on the rep also lines go past the hour markers. Therefore, all good in that area.

Reactions: Pietros

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
​at 9-10 hour markers.

UUzMs.jpg

Checkout this gen from another post, you can see the gaps clearly, so its perfectly replicated on the VSF

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Pietros

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
V2 Bracelet is released but VSF won't sell the bracelet. To quote VSF "The new bracelet won't fit V1 version watch". I think this is just a ploy to force us crazed RWI members to buy a new watch. I even tried ordering a new V2 watch plus 2 extra bracelets. The response was "What part of no don't you understand ?" ( I am translating from Chinese to English.) Do I believe this ploy....No. So I ordered a V2 with a black dial. As soon as I receive my V2 watch I will see if the new bracelet fits my V1 watch.

Last edited:

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Just placed my order for a blue dial on bracelet with Intime. Hoping there isn't going to be a long delay!

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
I can't seem to find any of the new VSF models with the clone movement on any of the TDs. Are they all sold out?

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I can't seem to find any of the new VSF models with the clone movement on any of the TDs. Are they all sold out?

There isn't a clone 8800 movement in this model, it's a decorated 2836

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
There isn't a clone 8800 movement in this model, it's a decorated 2836

Oh I see then. I thought there was because I saw on on ts-watches, but I know they aren't a trusted dealer anymore, so I'm not sure what their listing is of. Is the A2836 a pretty reliable movement and will last 3 years or so?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Has anyone been able to try one of those with VSF case?

VECGmr.jpg

VECwwI.png

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Oh I see then. I thought there was because I saw on on ts-watches, but I know they aren't a trusted dealer anymore, so I'm not sure what their listing is of. Is the A2836 a pretty reliable movement and will last 3 years or so?

If you have it serviced initially, I don't see why you can't expect a few years out of it. These movements are not assembled in the cleanest of conditions and are often 'dry' so a service where all components are cleaned and correctly lubricated will make all the difference.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Has anyone been able to try one of those with VSF case?

VECGmr.jpg

VECwwI.png

I have the black on order for my gen at my AD but they're saying 4 weeks. When I get it, I'll put it on my VSF gray dial and take a few pics. Wrong colour combo but we'll have an idea of the fit etc.
My plan is to use my gen black with the black silicon strap through the summer and put my gen bracelet on the VSF-I'll get a few pics of that too.