• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

frediiii

3/7/15
The bezel is completely smooth, you can't feel the numbers with your fingers. Is that also the case with the rep or are the numbers etched?
That's not true. The gen is etched and filled with enamel leaving a slight recess. definitely not flush like the liquidmetal POs. the recess is not as deep as on the rep, but very close.

perhaps you couldn't feel it with the plastic wrapper still on

Last edited:

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
That's not true. The gen is etched and filled with enamel leaving a slight recess. definitely not flush like the liquidmetal POs. the recess is not as deep as on the rep, but very close.

There was no plastic on the one(blue) I handled at an AD last week. I could perceive no difference in depth visually or with my fingers.
I am not saying you are wrong, but the bezel looked and felt smooth.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13

You may be right. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the watch and also wanted to make some pics in a shop that never allows you to take any pics. My main objective was to see the difference between the old and the new type of bracelet, so I wasn't really focused on the bezel. Thank you for pointing it out!

It's funny how much I hated the new SMP when it was released and now I can't get it out of my head.. Can't wait for the CNY to be over :D

Cloney Thanks!

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Guys i am going to sell my new(still wrapped and in box) planet ocean vsf in eu. If anybody is interested to Safe some money, i can make a reserved salesthread.

Cheers guys

Sent from the RWI App

frediiii

3/7/15
Guys i am going to sell my new(still wrapped and in box) planet ocean vsf in eu. If anybody is interested to Safe some money, i can make a reserved salesthread.

Cheers guys

Sent from the RWI App
which model? hit me up via pn

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07

Cheers guys

Sent from the RWI App

If it’s a 45mm version with orange numbers, I’d be interested. Let me know via pm if you prefer.

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
I disassembled the bezel assembly today as the incert was off center. i added a bit of silicone grease on the spring latches and it feels way better now. if you have play in the bezel you can check the retainer wire and reshape if needed.

as for the movement: get ready to replace or service it soon. mine didn't survive shipping even :)
116a1f9857ed5f616dc1f752be0a9dd5.jpg
14adfbd23b2008f47abde30aee2458dd.jpg

isn't the pearl in the center of the triangle at 12 o' clock supposed to slightly touch the sides?

eberhard4

Known Member
1/2/19
It did on the prototype models, but doesn’t on the production ones

yeah, must have missed that in the thread!
Any new info on new bracelet?

I really like the watch but i feel that's a huge tell that something's not right..

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
To clarify, I’m taking about prototype and production gen models, not the rep.

The pearl *shouldn’t* touch the triangle.

Reactions: Pietros

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
^^ looks awesome. been on the fence, but now might be the time to pick one up

frediiii

3/7/15
and Bingo

B2-BAECB2-CB96-40-D2-8-EAA-D857-B84-BAE01.jpg

with micro adjustment like gen
for what it's worth, my old style bracelet also came with micro adjust clasp.

the new bracelet seems pretty accurate now though. might get one even though it doesn't bother me much

Cloney is your dial straight, or tilted a bit?

a23ced772d14ba7e5528cc624833e50b.jpg

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Yup, the bracelet is spot on. VSF take my moneeeey :)