• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 2018 Seamaster 300M Blue

Miko8442

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/10/18
Just grabbed the last one i think from Chazingtime, know I'm not allowed to ask for QC help on here but being looking at it side-by-side with a gen and just so clueless on what type of things i should be looking at (being my first rep and all) - can't notice faults with the lume, or dails, any experts can comment on it ? Should I GL?

https://imgur.com/a/YYMq0jU

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

This watch is great. The only thing to check is if the pearl is well-centered or not.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
The Gray one is coming!!

154015yzhkxkdzf5rkthcr.jpg

P1NH3.jpg

Last edited:

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Very nice. Bezel pearl on the actual watch is still wrong though (even though it’s correct on the release pictures)

Unless they’re pics of the gen?

Reactions: vcappp

Stoozak

6/2/15
Very nice. Bezel pearl on the actual watch is still wrong though (even though it’s correct on the release pictures)

Unless they’re pics of the gen?

Also looks like the bracelet is still the old one in the photo. Maybe it's just an early prototype. kobe24 ?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
The Gray one is coming!!

P1NH3.jpg

The grey colour of a dial is spot on, kudos to VFS!

kobe24, can you tell them about the pearl?
It is partially omega to be blamed here for the confusion.
Gen watch was not ready for basel and omega showed a prototype of new 300m - a big pearl almost touching the triangle. This is why in all articles dated for march/april we can see the big pearl. Hodinkee, ABTW they all show the big pearl.

https://monochrome-watches.com/omega...ands-on-price/
Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-SMP-Baselworld-2018-8.jpg

VSF replicated this prototype pearl. But watches which omega actually started to sell in september - have a different peral, the smaller pearl.
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/w...ection/product
se-diver300m-21032422006001-vuec-large_1.jpg

Last edited:

Stoozak

6/2/15
...and still the gold balance wheel :(

I know it's a small detail, but it drives me crazy!

Richidh

Known Member
8/7/16
Den Haag, Netherlands
...and still the gold balance wheel :(

I know it's a small detail, but it drives me crazy!

yes indeed a gold wheel on the pictures, but in the text is this.. 3. the position and size of the Pendulum wheel as same as genuine. black screws. black pengulum wheel. and Bar box. with Nivachoc Shock absorber make seem close with gunuine watch.
I don't know if they mean the balance wheel with it ;)? maybe a prototype on the pictures?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
yes indeed a gold wheel on the pictures, but in the text is this.. 3. the position and size of the Pendulum wheel as same as genuine. black screws. black pengulum wheel. and Bar box. with Nivachoc Shock absorber make seem close with gunuine watch.
I don't know if they mean the balance wheel with it ;)? maybe a prototype on the pictures?

Nah, I think TS only copied and pasted the text from the Aqua Terra listing, which uses the super-clone movement. It's even described as 8900 instead of 8800.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Same pearl and bracelet flaw, BUT the dial looks great! I think it's even better that the grey Aqua Terra just released.
I might bite !

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
Same pearl and bracelet flaw, BUT the dial looks great! I think it's even better that the grey Aqua Terra just released.
I might bite !

I think the same.

Even the bigger wrong pearl looks better than the gen one.

Reactions: leo6929