• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 Sep. New Release?! OMF 1:1 SpeedMaster MoonWatch

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
What a surprise sudden release?!
While many people ask and request to Angus on PureTime about getting the Speedmaster MoonWatch repped,
InTime suddenly lists OMF 1:1 SpeedMaster MoonWatch SS ?

f0650953e7baeb500fed8ed5d3b8318b.png

Are they really competing each other? It seems like they don’t communicate each other. why one dealer is saying pessimistic about the possibility of release of MoonWatch after a lot of requests, then, at the same time, the other dealer suddenly lists this ?? Is it a kind of top secret for them?

7621ecbb86f79c1ec0d4e87780c959fd.jpg

https://www.intime03.co/omega/5282-...dial-silver-handset-on-ss-bracelet-a9900.html

Size 44mm x 19mm
Movement Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement decorate to Omega 9900 movement with the black balance wheel, 2 hands on 3 clock sub dial can work as per genuine.
Functions Hours, minutes, sub-seconds, chronograph and date display
Case Solid 316L stainless steel case
Crystal Scratch-proof sapphire crystal
Dial Superlumed Black dial and hands
Bezel Black Ceramic bezel
Strap Stainless Steel Bracelet
Clasp Deployant clasp
Water resistance >50 Meters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
What a surprise sudden release?!
While many people ask and request to Angus on PureTime about getting the Speedmaster MoonWatch repped,
InTime suddenly lists OMF 1:1 SpeedMaster MoonWatch SS ?

f0650953e7baeb500fed8ed5d3b8318b.png

Are they really competing each other? It seems like they don’t communicate each other. why one dealer is saying pessimistic about the possibility of release of MoonWatch after a lot of requests, then, at the same time, the other dealer suddenly lists this ?? Is it a kind of top secret for them?

7621ecbb86f79c1ec0d4e87780c959fd.jpg

https://www.intime03.co/omega/5282-...dial-silver-handset-on-ss-bracelet-a9900.html

Size 44mm x 19mm
Movement Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement decorate to Omega 9900 movement with the black balance wheel, 2 hands on 3 clock sub dial can work as per genuine.
Functions Hours, minutes, sub-seconds, chronograph and date display
Case Solid 316L stainless steel case
Crystal Scratch-proof sapphire crystal
Dial Superlumed Black dial and hands
Bezel Black Ceramic bezel
Strap Stainless Steel Bracelet
Clasp Deployant clasp
Water resistance >50 Meters

c1f3185745aa211c750e036f5fe02ea9.jpg

ffuhcu

14/7/16
There are many Omega Speedmaster Co-axial reps like the one you linked (automatic, two subdials, and a date).

What people are asking for is a top class rep of (and associated movement for) the Omega Speedmaster Professional line (hand wind, three subdials, no date). Like this: https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...sional/product (there are many variants).

So, two different watches.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
oh well, it uses 7750 movement ...

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
There are many Omega Speedmaster Co-axial reps like the one you linked (automatic, two subdials, and a date).

What people are asking for is a top class rep of (and associated movement for) the Omega Speedmaster Professional line (hand wind, three subdials, no date). Like this: https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...sional/product (there are many variants).

So, two different watches.

thanks for the information.

BigBoo

28/6/15
It's not actually a Moonwatch, it's a Speedmaster Racing and compared to previous Co-axial efforts its a pretty good one. Sub dial spacing is good, date window position is good, and date does not look as sunken as previous versions. They have also done away with that awful grey printed bezel and replaced it with a half decent engraved black and white bezel. Still bloody thick at 19mm though! which is a shame because a little thinner and it could be a winner.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It's not actually a Moonwatch, it's a Speedmaster Racing and compared to previous Co-axial efforts its a pretty good one. Sub dial spacing is good, date window position is good, and date does not look as sunken as previous versions. They have also done away with that awful grey printed bezel and replaced it with a half decent engraved black and white bezel. Still bloody thick at 19mm though! which is a shame because a little thinner and it could be a winner.

thanks for the clarification!

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
To be ultra-picky the indexes look a bit flawed as well, at least they stand out on the orange-hand version. Compare the hour index's orange tips to the render on Omega's site:

zoom-soldier-329-30-44-51-01-002.png

speedmaster-moonwatch-ss-omf-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-orange-handset-on-ss-bracelet-a9900.jpg

Personally I'm dying for a decent rep of the 311.30.44.51.01.002 in grey but nobody has come close to getting that right, from the way off orange rubber bezel insert, to "Stainless Steel" on the case instead of "Titanium", and then there's {ZrO2] on the dial where the grey should be TI.

Reactions: vcappp

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Doesn't look bad. As BigBoo said, it might be one of the best yet. And I have no idea how they did the date window as close to the dial as that (nearly like the gen!)

Thickness will always be a problem with the rep. the Gen one is is 15.5mm (still tick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtuh8d-o05U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o9a_r7dH1k

Not sure about the texture dial. Would need a video or better picture to see. (Love Intime, but it's not the best for pictures...)

Train1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
The case also looks a couple mm longer on the rep vs. gen - it stands out with those two images from my last post side-by side. I'm too picky though - that's why I've never posted in 11 years :)

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Doesn't look bad. As BigBoo said, it might be one of the best yet. And I have no idea how they did the date window as close to the dial as that (nearly like the gen!)

Thickness will always be a problem with the rep. the Gen one is is 15.5mm (still tick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtuh8d-o05U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o9a_r7dH1k

Not sure about the texture dial. Would need a video or better picture to see. (Love Intime, but it's not the best for pictures...)

Thanks for the useful information with the video links.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Wrong bracelet on these - the endlinks are different on the racing vs the coaxial moonwatch, this has the moonwatch endlinks.

Edit: Moonwatch, the endlink sticks out in the middle and the bracelet attaches to that. The racing, it looks like the PO endlinks, where the bracelet middle link sticks out and inserts into the endlink.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
19mm suckkkksss... That's almost as thick as a rolex deepsea

They don't wear like a deepsea at least. I have one of the OMF PO coaxial chronos, and like these a ton of that extra thickness is in the caseback so it cushions in and sits stably on your wrist. With the deepsea it's a big flopper up there because the midcase is so damn huge.

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
It's still the same, there will be no better version until they clone the movement. My biggest problem with these is the thickness.
If they get near the original thickness I would buy at least 3 speedmasters, moonwatch chrono, dark side and a 57 with blue dial

Wysłane z mojego BBB100-2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
They don't wear like a deepsea at least. I have one of the OMF PO coaxial chronos, and like these a ton of that extra thickness is in the caseback so it cushions in and sits stably on your wrist. With the deepsea it's a big flopper up there because the midcase is so damn huge.

Ive had one on my wrist i thought it was horrendous

Reactions: Hinclimincli

BigBoo

28/6/15
Only white dial and black with orange handset have the correct 9 dial, the other two the dial is wrong. A shame I quite fancied the silver dial