• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster LMPO Owners

frisoer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/18
Hi gang,

I am a long time lurker and am about to pull the trigger on my first rep. Coming from the NWBIG list my attention fell to the Omega Seamaster LMPO, Rolex Explorer 1 or the SeaDweller 43 (although I think it is too big for my wrist).

Now over the weekend I studied was looking all around here and my decision fell to the Omega Seamaster. Most of my collegues wear Gen Rolexes, so I don't want be called out on my first rep and decided to go for an Omega (I think they have less expertise with this brand).

Now I have compared some of the new noob v5s with the gen models and there were some things that stood out to me that I would love to hear some feedback of Noob V5 owners or also Gen owners - I think we have at least one here in the forums.

https://picr.me/image/K4fXe (images don't belong to me)

#1 The gap between bracelet and the case seems to be pretty huge on the rep. I compared lots of different pictures and didn't read anything about that here in the forums, so I'd like to ask is this a known flaw? Maybe some rep owners can verify

#2 Alignment of the bezel number 20 seems to be off centered. Not only in this picture which is to rather compare the flaw #1

#3 The silver outlines of the dial markers seems to be to thick.

#4 The crystal seems to shine blue on the rep, I am not sure if this is picture dependent or REP/GEN dependent, but I haven't seen this on Gen pictures at all.

#5 (not shown) The pearl is NOT indented on the rep in some Noob V5 pictures, then again on some the pearl is indented. On the Gen it is definitely indented. Any feedback here?

#6 (not shown) On the back of the case it is WORLDPREMIERE instead of WORLD PREMIERE which is a verified flaw (just to complete the list here)​

I know we are comparing rep to gen, but I thought I share my 'work' from the weekend. Maybe we can confirm/verify some of the flaws or eliminate some of them by owners of one or the other. The gap in the bracelet, pearl and obviously the wording on the back are the biggest tells in my opinion.

What are your thoughts, does this still count as NWBIG?

I am pretty excited for my first rep, still not 100% sure I'm going with the omega though.

peace, freezy

Hunter20

Horology Curious
10/8/17
Somebody did a LMPO review before:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...on-liquid-metal-planet-ocean-42mm-lmpo-review

If your concern is being called out.-> In my opinion nobody will see those things you mentioned. Most people will not even recognize the brand Omega. And you will be surprized, you can test it in real-life, in fact nobody will even notice you are wearing a watch. But I agree with you that a Rolex has more chance for being called out, because its such a well known luxury brand.

magpie80

11/1/14
You say they all wear gen Rolex but can you be sure?? For me if you look like you have the means to pay for a gen then less people will think it’s fake.

I have many reps and never been called out but I’ve had many people say nice watch so obviously they think it’s the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Ive got a lmpo v4 with the second hand painted red. I've also got a friend with two gen rolexs a sub and a daydate he likes to think he knows a thing or two about watches, he knows I wear reps I've even sold him an old hulk I had which he gave to his teenage son to abuse.

i am so impressed with the lmpo that I decided to test him and the watch so told him that I had,had a small windfall and decided to treat myself to a gen watch, I handed him the watch he studied it put it on and commented how nice it was, he didn't have a clue it was fake.

the point I'm making is that even people who are familiar with quality watches do not know the ins and outs of every watch or brand and as long as it looks and feels correct (which the lmpo does) will never know or spot the small "flaws" that you've picked up on, and question the watch authenticity.

when people think of fake watches they always think of the cheap nasty things that they have been offered by beach sellers when on holiday and are not even aware reps like the lmpo exist, I also think it depends on the persons confidence when wearing it, when I first showed my friend the watch I voluntarily took it off and handed it straight to him as if I had absolutely nothing to hide.

as a footnote I have since told my friend my lmpo is a rep and perversely he is more impressed with the quality of the watch and the price I paid now than when he thought it was gen

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I had the noob v4 & I don't think any of the things you mention were an issue at all. The last one on your list seems to be an issue on the latest one.

I agree with most of the comments above. Lmpo & many others listed are really nice watches & no one cares. Way to many here will say something like "engraving on back is way too shallow and is an instant tell" or even something on the front of the watch like "font on date wheel is wrong and is an instant tell". I say bs to this sort of thing. No one knows & no one cares, hell hardly anyone knows any watch brand besides Rolex & possibly Omega. You really think they are going to be pointing out sel gap? (that doesn't actually exist) No way, not going to happen.

patrck17

6/7/18
Extreme watch enthusiast / authentic watch dealers will catch the flaws. The only other people who will are other rep owners. You are not likely to encounter any, but I venture other rep owners will be most common.

Reactions: vcappp

johnpaul21

9/8/18
No one will notice it especially with an Omega. I think the most scrutiny you will get will be if you get a Rolex but even then they probably aren't able to see the tells.